Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post An Idea: Activity on D2 Section.
Posted 2003-07-02, 02:16 PM
Well, I got this PM from ganga:

I have an idea that maybe can get the fourm more active, even can bring some of the guests to sign up. Since I have lots items, and I still botting. I can donate items to open a Weekly Diablo II Game Show or whatever. We can come up with questions that relate to Diablo II, or even not. And every end of the week, the best contestant wins the items.

The PM should explain itself, but I'll summarize it.

Basically, ganga suggested a weekly activity on D2 section where a winner will be selected and win items. (And only members can participate, of course.)

ganga said he has both East and West realm covered.

I've talked to Chruser and he said "it sounds like a good idea."

I'm still unsure of what kind of "contest" would be suitable, therefore this thread is created.

It's opened for your ideas. I'll try to keep spam out of here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:41 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Dont know what to suggest, but I like the idea. However, trivia is a bad idea because Google pwns trivia.

I would suggest either riddles, IQ test type questions (rubix cube shit), or something to that effect. Or something completely different... Just try to Google-proof it.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:42 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
I can also contribute to the West item giving, since I bot 24/7.

My suggestion of a contest would be the usual D2 questionaire. Therefore, all who play the game should be able to answer the questions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JamaicanMoose is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamaicanMoose is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JamaicanMoose

Posted 2003-07-02, 02:57 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
A questionaire? Such as the D2 Quiz thread?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:04 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
i like this idea, as for what the trivia should be on... make it d2 trivia that would pwn
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:07 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Host a Raffle, like the one I did first month I came here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:09 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Medieval Bob said:
A questionaire? Such as the D2 Quiz thread?
Not like that...hmm..let me think of something here...

There are several "Red Portals" in Act5, how many are they, and where do they lead you to? (Excluding the one in town.)

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:11 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Ya, good quetion, but what if more than 1 person answer that correct....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:17 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Hell anybody could go in and check... It'd take like 3 minutes with a sorc.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:22 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
It don't have to be D2 related, It can be a calculus problem or some sort. Or even like spanish, people can do reserch. We only can pick one person a week, so got to make it hard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-02, 03:45 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Yeah but people who DONT play d2, wont have any incentive, and most people right now, dont play until 1.10 =\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-02, 05:22 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
But I am sure lots guest here still play d2, that's why they are here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-02, 06:22 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Hell I don't play D2 much anymore (the 1.10 delay early this month pissed me off), but I'd still love to participate.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-07-02, 10:28 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Well, thanks to people like bob, this might succeed

I refuse to do anything on d2 unless its with a friend until 1.10 comes out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-02, 11:43 PM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Comon people, come up with some questions!! Ok here is one, it's super easy calculus problem, What's the derivative of 8x+6x+3
, ok anyone take calculus know it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-03, 01:11 AM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
what the fuck is a derivative its 14x+3 by my algebra knowledge =\ or x(8+7)+3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-03, 04:28 AM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
LoL, na sorry nice try, "YOU LOST TRY AGAIN!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-03, 04:36 AM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
It's 14, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, the problems should be D2-related in one way or another. Personally, I think it should take some teamwork, although there's only one winner who can "backstab" the ones who help him out to be the first to win the price. It's going to be rough, and you might have to be careful with sharing your secrets, but it might pay off to help others out...

Actually, I'm just brainstorming a bit.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2003-07-03 at 04:40 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-07-03, 04:49 AM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
WoHooo, this week winner Chruser!! and this week prizes are ... drum roll, ta ta ta !! Crack Sash belt!!!

Stay turn, for next week speacal items!

mmmm But what kind of questions?? It's pretty hard to think of a question that will only get 1 winner...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-03, 04:56 AM in reply to Senesia's post "An Idea: Activity on D2 Section."
Evil trick questions, perhaps?

I wrote this one a while back out of boredom:

Assume that you have an amount of perfectly spherical containers with the radius 96.8 vendekometers, and your Physics' teacher want you to find out how many of these spheres it would take to hold (or contain) exactly 548.47169 xennalitres of Einsteinium in plasma form. How many whole atoms can you get into containers, and what is the amount of containers neccesary for this process? Write the answer in binary form.

---

The answer is 0, because the containers are too small to fit a "whole" atom.

Actually, that one was a bit too complex for a D2 contest, but you might get the idea.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser