Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Opinion on Rogue Stealth?
Posted 2005-02-19, 02:35 AM
I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about the current form of Rogue stealth?

Do you feel that their ability is too much like a true invisibility, and need a change?

Do you feel that it's necessary for them to be balanced?

Just curious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-02-19, 10:00 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "Opinion on Rogue Stealth?"
how would they change it? a lot of their abilities require stealth and to use them you basically have to be invisible to get behind someone, i don't think it needs to be balanced. if you walk too close they can see you and if they are higher level they can see you easily
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2005-02-19, 12:00 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "how would they change it? a lot of..."
It was more a response to people who whine about how Stealth.

I personally only find it ridiculous when I'm out in the middle of the Tanaris desert or something, and I get sneak-attacked. How do you sneak up on someone when they're on top of a sand dune, in the desert, under the bright sun?

As far as changing it goes, I had an idea to where they could give Rogues the same 'Faded' look at they get when a Rogue in your party stealths, and merely remove the big red nametag above their heads. It would still serve them well in shadowed areas like Feralas and whatnot, and help bring a little skill/realism into sneaking up on someone in Tanaris or somewhere like that.

Hell, with Targeting the way it is, you still couldn't just hit 'T' or 'Tab' to hit any Rogues sneaking up on you. I've been just outside melee range, and unable to target something.

Meh. I understand the need for Rogue Stealth, but pure invisibility is kinda the easy way out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-02-19, 03:46 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It was more a response to people who..."
It's great when your getting gang-banged by a few lvl 30s @ lvl 18. Just stealth, and leave town.

I don't really know what they could do besides an idea like yours, but as long as they keep the pallys "nerfed" then life is good, I love hearding people bitch about it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-02-19, 04:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's great when your getting..."
Yeah....except level 30's would EASILY see through your stealth if you're 18.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2005-02-19, 11:04 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Yeah....except level 30's would EASILY..."
and since you move a lot slower while stealth.... your dead anyways
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2005-02-20, 10:45 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It was more a response to people who..."
Esc
Macros
New
/script ClearTarget();
/script TargetNearestEnemy();
Done
Put it on an auxillary bar and bind it to tab.

I have my own custom targetting script for focusing fire in parties, and if noone has a target or I'm not in a party, it runs those two script commands and it always works the way I always thought tab was supposed to; give it a try.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired