Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

1.10 Dual Wield Barbarian Guide!
Posted 2004-06-28, 04:54 PM
1.10 Dual Wield Barbarian Guide!

1.10 Dual Wield Barbarians can be very, very good. The problem is they lack a shield, yet you can always equip one. This build which I have created is very expensive just like my Amazon build. If you choose to use this build I can assure you complete domination over nearly all Sorc’s, Necromancers, Amazons, Druids and a few paladin types. This build doesn’t focus on heavy damage, yet be assured you will still have fairly high damage. The build revolves around the “Bleeding Effect” from Open Wounds and heavy Deadly Strike as well as Crushing Blows. This build is for complete devastating hits.

Abbreviations:
Zon = Amazon
SM = Slow Missile
GA= Guided Arrow
MS = Multiple Shot
IGA = Invisible Guided Arrow
IBS = Invisible Bone Spirit
WW = Whirlwind
Sin = Assassin
Vit = Vitality
Dungoes = Verdungoes Hearty Cord
CB = Crushing Blow
DS = Deadly Strike
CS = Critical Strike
Desynch- de-synchronization – a form of lag that makes u think you are somewhere but to the server u are else where usually somewhere in your trail.

STATS:
Strength: 60 (If you want higher damage go up to 110)
Dexterity: 50 (If you want max Blocking when using a shield, go to 110~120)
Vitality: All Remaining
Energy: Base

Explanation:
This barbarian will be using plenty of items adding into strength, you wont need that much unless you want higher damage ranges. I suggest no more then 80, but if you want high damage go 110. As for dexterity, you should do fine with Dual Wields, but if you want to use a shield vs. Barbs and Zons, go higher dex.

SKILLS:
Whirlwind: 20
Battle Orders: 20
Shout: 20
Axe Mastery: 20
Natural Resistance: 3-5

OPTIONAL SKILLS:
Iron Skin: 5-20 Your Choice
Increased Speed: Depends how you want to play, rely on tele or use heavy speed.
Concentration: Your Choice
Berserk: 1

Explanation:
This Barbarian really only uses Whirlwind due to Dual Wields but since he uses 2 weapons, you want to get high ass defense. That’s pretty much all you can say for this skill distribution.

Equipment:
This Barbarian is all Deadly Strike, Crushing Blow, and Open Wounds. DO NOT worry about your damage being a bit lower then an eBotD Colossus Blade barb with WW.

Helmet: Only 2 options here Ethereal Zoded Arreats, or a 40/15 IAS Arreats. And have an Umed Arreats in your Stash.

Amulet: Highlord’s Wraith (30%-37% Deadly Strike)

Armor: “Enigma” Mage Plate or Enigma Archon Plate (Depends how much strength you go. I Recommend Mage).

Shield (Optional): 40/15 IAS Stormshield

Weapon 1: “Beast” Ettin Axe or Berserker Axe (25% Crushing Blow and 30% Open Wounds)

Weapon 2: “Fury” Berserker Axe (66% Open Wounds and 33% Deadly Strike)

Secondary Weapons: +3 Warcry Weapons

Belt: 15% Dungoes with alot of vitality (Verdungoes Hearty Cord)

Rings: Raven Frost 250/20 IS NICE and Bitter Hold

Gauntlets: Steel Renders 60/20’s ARE NICE (10% Crushing Blow)

Greaves: Gore Riders 200% ARE NICE (15% Deadly Strike, 15% Crushing Blow, 10% Open Wounds)

CHARMS:
Options here, as I said you can focus on speed for run or just use tele.
30-39x 3/20/20 Life Small Charms
9x 3/20/5 Run Walk Small Charms
1x Annihlius (20 Stats 20 Res would be very nice.)
10x 20/5 Life/Resistance Small Charms (When going vs. casters, keep them in the stash)

***Stash Equipment***
1 Dwarf Star
1 T-Gods
1 Hotspur
Shield 4x P. Topazed
Shield 4x P. Saphire
Shield 4x Um Runes (88 all res nice in team duels vs. all eles)
1 Vampire Gaze with 40/15 (Helps vs. Ele Druids)
1 Nokazan Relic
1 Atmas Scarab
Imp Shanks

*Amulet- The options are self explanatory. Use the Nokazan vs. the fire nubs. The Highlords gives your Barbarian an additional boots with Deadly Strike of 37% at level 99. With this, your Fury and Beast, and gloves with CB your Barbarian can dish out some sick hits.

*Weapons: No questions, no ifs ands or buts USE THE Beast AND Fury.

Explanation- Charms:
Life, damage and sick attack rating.

Explanation- Gear:
You are focusing on average damage with this build and heavy attack rating. The “Beast” Runeword enables a level 9 fanat. which heavily increases damage and AR on a barb. As for the substitute for the damage, its all the fun additions (read below). The only lack on this build is resistances, but you have your Box of Tricks (stash) for resistances on specific classes. This gear comes out with the following stats:
Open Wounds: 106%
Crushing Blow: 50%
Deadly Strike: 80%-85% (Not Including Axe Mastery)
This is where your lower damage is substituted heavily. Deadly Strike is double damage, Crushing Blows are heavy hitters and Open Wounds drains in-between it all.

**************************STRATEGY/TACTICS**************************

HUGE HELPFUL HINT: You want to keep your Whirlwind on your left hand-side skill click so you can hold shift and use short Whirlwinds off the ass. This enables you to use the two-click action of teleport right click and shift whirl on your left.

HUGE HELPFUL HINT #2: Remember those Zig-Zag motions vs. Sorces and Necros. Don’t let them target you by running in a straight line.

Amazons: Go to your stash and put that 160% LR Shield or Stormshiled on if it’s a bowzon. This really shouldn’t give you much trouble due to the fact of teleporting after a bowzon and the heavy, heavy melee advantage on barbs vs. Charged Strike zons. Just use the helpful hint on immediate whirls and you should be fine.

Necromancers: This is usually hard for barbarians but this build should really destroy a Necro easily. Basically most necros use Homoc these days and lack damage reduction and block. Land your tele smartly avoiding spirits and try to land behind them to avoid direct spear. After you landed correctly hit that shift and whirl short waves all over him. The armor should be gone in a mater of 2 seconds and the Open Wounds will drain immediately. After that the Deadly Strikes etc. will be pushing in and he will be dead before he got a chance to tele away. Just keep away from those spirits and if he gets itchy and moves away from you, circle him and go for the tele kill. If they are smart they will be busting teeth at you while you move around them, that’s your opportunity to move in with the tele and create some death. Just remember to move in zig-zag motion to avoid the spears from hitting you as the nec trys to kill you with teeth and spear at range.
If your fighting a summon/poison Nec, don’t worry, it will be a fairly easy kill for you.

Sorceress: Haha, 2ez just run all over and when they get close tele land them directly and short whirl. Use your certain gear for each class like that nice sexy Hotspur + Nokazan combo.

Paladins: hey are all dead, except for maybe chargers but if you remember to Whirlwind away from them while they come at you, they will get the range effect of your weapons and die. Hammerdins will be the only thing that might give you some trouble. Look for their positions. If they are on top whirl and kill if they tele at you and land on the bottom, haul ass. As for those Vindictor / Templar builds of EotD, they will give you some trouble but if you have the best of the best gear and a lot of short Whirlwind practice, you can take them out…but not easily.

Druids: Kill that Oak Sage and kill it with speed. Most druids don’t notice immediately that the Oak is gone. They will probably charge you pretty fast so just short WW them and watch them cry for mercy. These guys stun fairly easily while you do quick whirlwinds and with your goody bonuses such as Deadly Strike, that 4.5-6k life will drop fast.

Assassins: Hahahahaha DEAD, DEAD x10! Those little WW sins will fall to your feet and trapsins aren’t a threat once you have a T-gods on. Just avoid mind blast.

Credits/Acknowledgements:
I give thanks to the following in no particular order:

EotD- My (our clan jOObelette~!) clan for giving me some sort of purpose to keep on pking and wanting to be the best dueler I can be.

Gimmeitam- For the greatest duels I’ve had in 09 and the experience I gained for all characters.

xXTienJeXx- For the best Zon and Barb team I ever had, David get yo ass back on Diablo!

Blur_MoB- Del, always nice too see you when you logged on. I hope your doing better with the loss of your good friend Jill. I wish you luck in life and hope too see you reign some chaos with barb type chars on games too come. BUT DIE FOR GIVING UR ACC TO GREG AND NOT ME~! Lol.

Carl / Chris a.k.a Ferazel: Thanx for all the support with getting back on my feet, never knew what happened to you guys lost touch when I quit. Hope your both doing well

Jill-PvP- Rest In Peace! My level 48 Barb still owned your V/T~!

Shags/Soul/Tenken a.k.a Diego – you guys are a pain in the ass to duel as necros but you still know my zon makes you run~ die x10!!!

T3h_jOObifier: Guided My Arrow
Jill-PvP: Blessed My Aim
Clayfu: Taught Me Critical Strike
Blur_MoB: Helped Me Avoid

Clan Elders of the Dragons

Rest in Peace Jill...

Last edited by Endurack; 2004-06-28 at 06:55 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-28, 06:15 PM in reply to Endurack's post "1.10 Dual Wield Barbarian Guide!"
i have 2 question
1 what gear u recomend if u poor and u can't get what u say
2 who is jill
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-06-28, 06:15 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "i have 2 question 1 what gear u..."
nice guide thou i like it but i don't have those gears
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-06-28, 06:59 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "nice guide thou i like it but i don't..."
osmoses-jones said:
nice guide thou i like it but i don't have those gears
Answer #1. I don't reccomend this build if your poor.
Answer #2: She was one of the best V/T Paladin players of .09 days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-28, 07:00 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "nice guide thou i like it but i don't..."
This deserves a STICKY!!!!

Looks like Endurack is gonna take Zelarons title of Best PvPer from shadow

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-06-28, 07:11 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "This deserves a STICKY!!!! Looks..."
GIB IT, GIIIIBBBB, haha jOOb we both know that we are the best, the l337 and the masters of the chosen few~!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-29, 12:25 AM in reply to Endurack's post starting "GIB IT, GIIIIBBBB, haha jOOb we both..."
Endurack said:
GIB IT, GIIIIBBBB, haha jOOb we both know that we are the best, the l337 and the masters of the chosen few~!
LOL nt, my jOOb here cant quite seem to beat me still, and i told you the weakness of your build, you should be more elaborate in the array of weapons, and i made a big choice when i was making my barb either Axe/Axe or Axe/shield so i decided to go with both, a hybrid type to them by sacrificing the vit for dex and i dont regret that decision i would regret if i poured all the dex into vit as in BvB a shield is a MUST
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-06-29, 12:10 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "LOL nt, my jOOb here cant quite seem to..."
jOOb, don't be so stOOOpid.Every build has a weakness! Regardless of the lower damage weapons etc this build would destroy most of anything. I know one barb with a build some what like this one but he likes to use Kingslayer and sometimes a eBotD over Fury for some reason. I never really have seen him lose, but he lost to my V/T a few times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-29, 12:22 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "jOOb, don't be so stOOOpid.Every build..."
Then you did see him lose....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-29, 06:30 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "jOOb, don't be so stOOOpid.Every build..."
Endurack said:
jOOb, don't be so stOOOpid.Every build has a weakness! Regardless of the lower damage weapons etc this build would destroy most of anything. I know one barb with a build some what like this one but he likes to use Kingslayer and sometimes a eBotD over Fury for some reason. I never really have seen him lose, but he lost to my V/T a few times.
i doubt u kno how to duel barbs jOOb, mind you ive been playing v/t MUCH longer than you, you dont even have a R3 weapon TT
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-06-29, 08:48 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "i doubt u kno how to duel barbs jOOb,..."
Lies, i have my Fury Scourge. I know haw to duel barbs fine and i think you know the barb im talking bout, Xe-Malice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Endurack

Posted 2004-06-29, 11:29 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Lies, i have my Fury Scourge. I know..."
Endurack said:
Lies, i have my Fury Scourge. I know haw to duel barbs fine and i think you know the barb im talking bout, Xe-Malice.
nop dont know him and i wouldnt use a fury scourge vs one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon