Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2006-03-07, 05:52 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Improved Arcane Explosion is overrated,..."
WetWired said:
Improved Arcane Explosion is overrated, Ice Block owns too much to pass up getting it ASAP. I know several mages that went full frost at 40, put the next 11 points in arcane, then the rest in frost. I have actually leveled up a mage full frost through the low levels, it's not that bad, really.

Imp'ed Arcane explosion is pretty much mandatory by about the Maraudon levels, if not earlier. ST and Mara both are substantially easier with a good AoE class, and since most parties bring a mage rather than a warlock, it's pretty obvious who's going to be doing the AoE'ing. Ice block isn't all it's cracked up to be outside of raid situations (Baron Geddon, anyone?) The fire tree offers tons more to help your levelling than the frost tree, unless you plan on AoE levelling in which case you want Imp Blizzard (Which was nerfed, btw) AS WELL AS Imp AE. Ice barrier is also utter shit in PvP, seeing as it's purge/dispellable. Honestly, if it weren't for Shatter, I wouldn't put anything in frost past Ice block. Hell, if MC/BWL didn't reduce the efficiency of a strong fire spec (Though curses and spell penetration help) I'd never have specced frost, it's just not worth the loss of all the damage potential.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2006-03-07, 05:57 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Thats almost as fun, as lowering some..."
MightyJoe said:
Thats almost as fun, as lowering some lowbies health and letting a mob finish them off.
lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-03-07, 06:47 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "lol . . ."
I just unleashed my mechanical yeti in STV on lowbies, I think that's the most fun I've had in a while. Only 2 charges left though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-03-07, 07:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Frost is not as useful until you've got..."
You don't get IAE on the way to Evocation. While it's true that frost is not as efficient at low levels, it's awesome once you get to 40 and go full frost. My frost build maximizes on shatter; you get great mana efficiency, and when you pair up with another frost mage, it's insane. I do have Evocation, but I always drop it between 40 and 51 for frostbite, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2006-03-09, 12:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How many mages do you know that went..."
!King_Amazon! said:
How many mages do you know that went pure frost spec from the start? There are a few Arcane talents that are pretty sweet for those levels, and any mage that doesn't get Improved Arcane Explosion ASAP is insane. Just about every mage I've ever played with went arcane/fire until 60. The only exception I can think of to that is if a mage is AOE built which would mean arcane/frost(at least if they are smart) which I did until 50, and then I went to arcane/fire until 60. Now I'm arcane/frost again.
I have a friend who is full elemental spec FIRE/FROST for dealing damage in pvp =/

Most fun I had in pvp was on my priest... Dueling people and fearing them into a mob to kill them... Or using mind control on lowbies in XR so the big fat ogre kills them... And mindcontroling people in Booty Bay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy