Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

So what is the real deal
Posted 2005-03-31, 05:00 PM
this post is mainly aimed toward Randuin because he has both PSP and DS. I was wondering what the actual battery life on each is. I have heard that for a DS it is supposed to be between 6 - 10 hours, and i have never really heard anything other than speculation of 2.5 - 3 hours for the PSP. I realize that it varies depending upon what you are doing with it but i would like an average. If you do not have a PSP or a DS please do not answer this, because i would like an answer from someone who actually owns one and not something that you have read on the internet.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-03-31, 05:24 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "So what is the real deal"
I don't have a DS or a PSP so I'm not going to answer this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-03-31, 07:33 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't have a DS or a PSP so I'm not..."
Well thank you very much King Amazon. I guess i should stipulate that you can answer if you have read it some where but i would like to know from someone who does actually own it. I just do not want people who have read something on Sony's or Nintendos site to answer because companies tend to exagerate. If you read it in a review somewhere i would appreciate it if you could link to the review.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-03-31, 08:59 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Well thank you very much King Amazon. I..."
Do you own either, Tidus?

I would contemplate buying either of them if I had the cash.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-03-31, 09:30 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Do you own either, Tidus? I would..."
no i do not have the cash yet but i should get it at graduation so i will probably buy one then but i dont know which to buy. and for me battery life is very important in a "portable" gaming system. I realize the graphics are better on the PSP but if it only lasts 3 hours i am not so sure that it is really what i want to buy because the battery in my laptop lasts that long.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-03-31, 11:40 PM in reply to tidus2005's post "So what is the real deal"
In terms of battery life alone there is no contest. I can pick up the DS on and off to play mini-games and the battery will last me a week or so. But that is also another point, that's all I use the DS for! Wipeout Pure and Lumines are both very addicting games. Lumines I play when I'm home and Wipeout I play alot via WiFi with my neighbour and at school.

I wouldn't worry too much about battery life though, both the DS and PSP use a replacable battery (Although the PSP one is much easier to get to). They cost about 30 dollars? (Haven't looked at the exact prices but I recall seeing a 30 somewhere, the DS batteries are cheaper) And you can swap em once one runs out.

The only time I even looked at battery life for ANYTHING, was for my Powerbook (Their batteries are about 200 dollars CAD), and iPod, because it's a bitch to replace those.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2005-04-01, 01:15 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "In terms of battery life alone there is..."
eh, Psp runs me for like 2 horus and 25 mins watching movie @ like 75%. Which isn't bad, you can just plug the bitch into the wall if it gets low. It'll last forever on 1/2 settings, (6 or so hours) Just treat it like a phone, keep it always plugged in when you don't use it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-04-01, 07:07 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "eh, Psp runs me for like 2 horus and 25..."
i am a newb when it comes to PSP so what is the 75% and 1/2 settings? can you change the amount of power to use like on a lap top, while you lose quality you gain battery life? and 2.5 hours is okay i suppose kinda low but then again you said you were watching a movie. and if batteries are only $30 it would not be a bad idea to pick up another one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-04-01, 10:01 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i am a newb when it comes to PSP so..."
You can change your brighness sound and other shit down, turning off your Wi-Fi,just general stuff like that will save you energy. You can also go grab a replacement battery for like 30 bucks, or just constantly keep it plugged in as much as you can.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-04-01, 08:10 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You can change your brighness sound and..."
well that is pretty cool because i can not use Wifi where i live because there are no hot spots, and no one i know has a PSP, and if it is like my PDA then turning the brightness down really ups the battery time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tidus2005

Posted 2005-04-01, 09:42 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "well that is pretty cool because i can..."
Keep in mind that LCDs do not drain much battery at all, it's mainly the backlight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2005-04-22, 05:22 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Keep in mind that LCDs do not drain..."
Yeah i've noticed that.

My friend has a Camcorder, and he bitches when I turn on his LCD because hes such a fucking idiot. I turn his quality down a LITTLE lower and his battery power goes from like 1.5hrs to like 5 hours...

He is a fucking idiot, i swear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish