Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2009-07-12, 05:24 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Doesn't it hurt you, though?"
Skurai said: [Goto]
Doesn't it hurt you, though?
What if it does? I don't really think it's the government's place to try to be my mother. I'm an adult and I can decide for myself whether or not I want to do something that may or may not be harmful to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-12, 02:18 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "No, smoking marijuana has no harmful..."
D3V said: [Goto]
No, smoking marijuana has no harmful effects other than being high and hungry. The smoke is somewhat of a negative effect on your lungs, but it is comparable to big city air, and not even anywhere nearly as bad as cigarettes.

Yeah... that's not true. It's nice to think that, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-22, 09:15 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Yeah... that's not true. It's nice to..."
Grav said: [Goto]
Yeah... that's not true. It's nice to think that, though.
Alright Mr. Knowitall, please explain to me how I am wrong being that you are this giant douchevacuum of knowledge and preside the right way over every situation you have ever come accross, please, do so.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-22, 09:50 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Alright Mr. Knowitall, please explain..."
douchevacuum
Adding "douche" onto random words is only funny the first ten-thousand times you do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-22, 09:54 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Adding "douche" onto random words is..."
9,999. so even if it accurately represents my mental image of how grav's brain apparently works, it's still not correct?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-22, 10:00 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "9,999. so even if it accurately..."
There's no such thing as a douchevacuum, nor could I even imagine what one would be/look like, so no, it's not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-22, 11:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There's no such thing as a..."
This is not the point.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-19, 03:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "This is not the point."
Quote:
Not a priority to go after medical marijuana patients, caregivers, attorney general says

But no tolerance for drug traffickers hiding behind medical marijuana laws, he says

Eric Holder issues guidelines for U.S. attorneys in states where medical pot is legal
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/...ana/index.html

Quote:
The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, which advocates legalization of marijuana, declared the government's memo Monday a "major departure in the so-called war on drugs" and "a major victory for citizens who support cannabis law reform."

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-20, 08:52 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/19/m..."
I read about that law yesterday, One step closer to legalization!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-10-20, 10:05 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I read about that law yesterday, One..."
There needs to be a big grassroots movement, no pun intended. Just like the way Obama was elected, people that are interested in something be done, need to get involed and make things get on the right path and put how they want it. If we want Marijuana to be legalized, we have to have more people talking about it regularly and getting involved.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-11-05, 08:48 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "There needs to be a big grassroots..."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/OPINION/11/0...sts/index.html

Quote:
In 2008, the police arrested 847,864 people nationwide for marijuana violations, according to the 2008 FBI Uniform Crime Report. Pot arrests represent fully half of all drug arrests reported in the United States. The overwhelming majority -- a whopping 89 percent -- were charged with possession only. Most striking, the marijuana arrest rate in the United States has nearly tripled since 1991.
Cnn said:
Examples from both coasts illustrate this. In California, according to the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, crime arrest rates have generally plummeted statewide from 1990 to 2008 by an average of 40 percent. Drug possession arrests for everything but marijuana collectively fell by nearly 30 percent. But during that same 18-year period, arrests for marijuana possession in California skyrocketed 127 percent. In 2008, more Californians were arrested for pot offenses than any year since decriminalization took effect 34 years ago.
I'm glad I read this article today. The movement needs to keep progressing forward.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-12-10, 02:56 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.cnn.com/2009/OPINION/11/05/ma..."
BORKED
BORKED

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-12-14, 03:41 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "oayb7jP1g00 EcZDOA-6sV0"
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/h...49469&catid=10

Study Shows Pot more Popular Among Teenagers

Quote:
DETROIT - Smoking marijuana is becoming even more popular among U.S. teens and they have cut down on smoking cigarettes, binge drinking and using methamphetamine, according to a federal survey released Monday.

More teens also are getting high on prescription pain pills and attention-deficit drugs, according to eighth, 10th and 12th graders surveyed by the University of Michigan for the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

The increase of teens smoking pot is partly because the national debate over medical use of marijuana can make the drug's use seem safer to teenagers, researchers said. In addition to marijuana, fewer teens also view prescription drugs and Ecstasy as dangerous, which often means more could use those drugs in the future, said White House drug czar Gil Kerlikowske.

The "continued erosion in youth attitudes and behavior toward substance abuse should give pause to all parents and policy-makers," Kerlikowske said.

"These latest data confirm that we must redouble our efforts to implement a comprehensive, evidence-based approach to preventing and treating drug use," Kerlikowske, the director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, said in remarks prepared for his Monday speech at the National Press Club in Washington.

Marijuana use, while well off peak levels of the late 1990s, has edged up. According to the study of 47,097 students, among this year's 12th graders, 20.6 percent said they used it within the past month, compared with 19.4 percent in 2008 and 18.3 percent in 2006.

Among 10th graders, pot use in the past month rose to 15.9 percent this year from 13.8 percent in 2008.

"The upward trending of the past two or three years stands in stark contrast to the steady decline that preceded it for nearly a decade," said Lloyd Johnston, who has directed the annual survey since it started in 1975.

The percentage of eighth-graders who saw a "great risk" in occasionally smoking marijuana fell from 50.5 percent in 2004 to 48.1 percent in 2008 and 44.8 percent this year. The perceived danger of using Ecstasy once or twice fell among eighth graders, from 42.5 percent in 2004 to 26 percent in 2009.

"When the perception of the danger goes down, in the following years you see an increase in use," said National Institute on Drug Abuse Director Nora Volkow.

Volkow said teens falsely reason it's less dangerous to get high on prescription drugs "because they're endorsed by the medical community." But she said prescription narcotics like OxyContin and Vicodin are highly addictive and can act as gateways to heroin, a cheaper high.

Use rates of both prescription narcotics rose among this year's 10th graders, with 8.1 percent saying they had used Vicodin in the past year compared with 6.7 percent of the same grade in 2008. For OxyContin, the figure rose to 5.1 percent from 3.6 percent.

Recreational use of the attention-deficit drug Ritalin was lower than five years ago. But the attention-deficit drug Adderall, appearing for this first time in this year's survey, showed use rates similar to those for Ritalin at its peak, which for 12th graders was around 5 percent.

By all measures, alcohol remained the most widely used illicit substance among teens, with 43.5 percent of 12th graders reporting taking a drink in the past month. That's a little change from last year, but down from 52.7 percent in 1997 - a year that showed high percentages of substance abuse. All three grades reported drops in binge drinking for 2004-2009.

Cigarette use patterns showed a continuation of the dramatic drop from a decade ago. In 1997, 19.4 percent of eighth graders reported smoking within a month. That fell to 6.8 percent last year and 6.5 percent this year. The rate for 12th graders dropped from 36.5 percent in 1997 to 20.1 percent this year.

"There's not going to be much further improvement unless policies change," such as higher taxes to discourage kids on a budget and further limits on public smoking, Johnston said.

Only 2.4 percent of this year's 12th graders said they'd ever used methamphetamine, down from 2.8 percent in 2008 and 8.2 percent in 1999.

THE TIME TO LEGALIZE MARIJUANA IS NOW WHAT THE FUCK

It is a pretty weird country we live in. I mean, we can vote for anything we want: (for example: the legalization of marijuana) while on the other hand we have a select group of elected individuals aka congressman that can deny the passing of valuable legislation like this. If we were to have a country wide vote TODAY to see the support for legalization the number would be well beyond 50%. I guess it's good now that we are atleast making some headway in this drug war against ourselves.

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2009-12-14 at 03:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-09, 03:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/healt..."
http://www.kcra.com/money/22787849/detail.html

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-05-04, 02:29 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.kcra.com/money/22787849/detai..."
http://ohhburn.com/2011/03/11/florid...-medical-weed/

Finally. YES!

A Floridian politican putting this ballot up to a vote.

Quote:
With a recent ABC News Poll showing that all across this great nation 81 percent of voters support medical weed and with 57 percent of Floridians saying they’d legalize medi-pot RIGHT NOW…how can legalizing medical marijuana in Florida not make it to the 2012 ballot? Oh that’s right…both the Florida House and Senate are controlled by the Republican Party. We’ll keep ya posted.
http://abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Po...ory?id=9586503

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-05-04, 08:31 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "There needs to be a big grassroots..."
Just like the way Obama was elected, people that are interested in something be done, need to get involved and make things get on the right path and put how they want it.
They're probably too high to know that it's getting legalized.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-05-05, 09:34 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "They're probably too high to know that..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
They're probably too high to know that it's getting legalized.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-05-08, 09:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Don't knock it 'til you've tried it."
How about I burn your house down, along with all seeds and plants of the drug, thus ending it's entire existence?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-05-09, 09:21 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "How about I burn your house down, along..."
There will always be more. You cannot stop it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-05-11, 06:16 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "There will always be more. You cannot..."
Prove it.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai