Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Help Popups
Posted 2003-07-02, 05:23 PM
HELP, my computer has been over run with popup ads. I dont want a popup blocker becuase I don't mind website ads, but these popups have installed themselves on my computer. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this please? Surfing the web is impossible with these ads. Thanks for your help

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arbitus

Posted 2003-07-02, 05:34 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "Help Popups"
First, download this, and run a scan. http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-07-02, 06:37 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "Help Popups"
Moved with redirect to Help forum.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-07-02, 06:40 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "Help Popups"
The program that is found via the link that Eddie_Perez has provided is a great ad detector and works very well.

However, if you have Kazaa and you run the scan you will need to reinstall Kazaa afterwards in order for it to work. A minuscule price to pay for your internet viewing pleasure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JamaicanMoose is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamaicanMoose is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JamaicanMoose

Posted 2003-07-02, 06:56 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "Help Popups"
I just ran it myself, seems to work well.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-07-02, 08:48 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "Help Popups"
Dont use kazaa if you do, use kazaa lite...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez