Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Posted 2012-06-17, 11:40 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Haha. Someone hasn't been making excel..."
Excel? That piece of shit that comes with Microsoft Office that's near impossible to get it to do what you want? No, I have not been making Excel spreadsheets. Fuck Excel.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-06-17, 01:01 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Excel? That piece of shit that comes..."
If you can't get excel to do what you want then you are pretty stupid. I find it to be a useful tool. I use it at work a lot, but I could even see uses for it at home. For instance, I could put a bunch of recipes in excel and use formulas to have the ingredient amounts change depending on how many servings I wish to make. I could pretty easily do this on the spot, but being able to change one field in a spreadsheet and have all of the numbers adjusted for me right then would be fairly useful. I have also used excel to track my grades in college courses. It's great for determining what you need to do from any given point to reach a goal. I can calculate what grade I have to get on an exam to make my final grade an A, for example.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-06-17 at 01:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-17, 01:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you can't get excel to do what you..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
... It's great for determining what you need to do from any given point to reach a goal. I can calculate what grade I have to get on an exam to make my final grade an A, for example.
I do this too with a piece of paper and a calculator O.O

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-06-17, 01:22 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Excel? That piece of shit that comes..."
I can't understand why so many people hate the Microsoft Office suite so much. The main programs within it are all insanely powerful, yet at the same time pretty easy to use*. You just need to put a little bit of time into learning what you want to do. With Word, for example, if you spend a few minutes setting up your document before start writing, and know the autocorrect rules for writing mathematical symbols and equations, than you can create, for example, a scientific paper in Word far easier than if you did it in LaTeX.

As for the people who hate it because it's not free, let me ask you, how many people do you know who have actually paid money for Microsoft Office? The only people who buy it are business and schools and Universities.

*Apart from Access. There's a special circle of hell reserved for the programmers who built Access.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-06-17, 02:03 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "I do this too with a piece of paper and..."
Tyrannicide said: [Goto]
I do this too with a piece of paper and a calculator O.O
Yeah, but I can make a single spreadsheet at the beginning of the semester that can be adjusted as I get my grades. You have to recalculate everything if you are doing it on paper. I can change a couple of numbers and get new results instantly. That is the beauty of using formulas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-17, 02:24 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah, but I can make a single..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Yeah, but I can make a single spreadsheet at the beginning of the semester that can be adjusted as I get my grades. You have to recalculate everything if you are doing it on paper. I can change a couple of numbers and get new results instantly. That is the beauty of using formulas.
Not at all holmes. I simply put each assignment and its value for the course as it is easy to convert the assignment to its overall value, example;

Essay 1 - x/20%
MidTerm 1 - x/15%
Essay 2 - x/35%
Final - x/30%
---------x/100

Simple...

But I do know what you are getting at lol...just had to do this for the sake of it.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-06-17, 02:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I can't understand why so many people..."
No, Word is horrendously hard to use, if you want anything specific out of it. If I have to submit something in Word format, I write it in HTML, then import it into Word.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-06-17, 10:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "No, Word is horrendously hard to use,..."
word is easy for me exel is really easy ... powerpoint is a nightmare ...
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2012-06-17, 11:19 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "word is easy for me exel is really easy..."
I use Excel and Powerpoint regularly at work. We also use Access for our databases, but I generally avoid it. We use Outlook for e-mail which I believe uses Word for formatting, generally. I also just use Word by itself from time to time. I can tolerate them all, as long as it isn't Office 2007 or later. I can use 2007+, but I don't like to, and I'm not nearly as proficient.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-18, 09:32 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I use Excel and Powerpoint regularly at..."
Formulas, whatever, I can do those. But Graphs? Don't even get me started. All the options are hidden from view and it's near impossible to get a graph to do what you want unless you've taken a fucking course in the damn program.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-06-18, 10:58 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Formulas, whatever, I can do those. But..."
Yeah, excel has some pretty crappy graphs. There are better programs for that. I only use it for basic XY plots, and even then it is pretty inferior. The curve fitting functions are terrible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-18, 11:07 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah, excel has some pretty crappy..."
excel graphs are shit, i agree on that one
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2012-06-18, 11:53 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Debating getting it"
So that settles it, you should definitely buy Excel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-06-18, 01:07 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "So that settles it, you should..."
Nah, pirate that shit. Or just use OpenOffice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-18, 02:14 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nah, pirate that shit. Or just use..."
In conclusion, buy Diablo III. It's worth it. But don't use excel for graphs. It's great for formulas though. Word can be confusing too. And Access is just hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-06-18, 04:03 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "In conclusion, buy Diablo III. It's..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
In conclusion, buy Diablo III. It's worth it.
This isn't true. If I could get my money back, I would.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-18, 09:37 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This isn't true. If I could get my..."
Game is fun from Normal to Hell then you realize the only way to advance in the game is to buy $1,000 worth of gear off the RMAH.

EDIT: Just sell $60 worth of stuff on the RMAH! Money back! Lol. I've lost all faith in Blizzard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-06-19, 06:06 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Game is fun from Normal to Hell then..."
I am glad I did not purchase it, then. Maybe you should make a no-gear fight club to get your money back. Haha
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-06-19, 10:32 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I am glad I did not purchase it, then...."
1.0.3 pretty much killed the game for me for good. I quit. I had to spend 200k on repair costs in one day. That's all the gold I had. Call me a newb but I'm not about to farm gold or buy it off some Chinese gold farmer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-06-19, 10:52 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "1.0.3 pretty much killed the game for..."
Wow, that is retarded. Repair costs were pretty low, but that's ridiculous. Even with skillful play you will die a lot in inferno.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!