Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Of the consoles listed below, what is your favorite?
NES 1 7.69%
SNES 6 46.15%
N64 1 7.69%
Sega Genesis 1 7.69%
Sega Dreamcast 1 7.69%
PSX 3 23.08%
Atari 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2013-02-21, 07:26 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "No love for the NES or the N64. I mean..."
The SNES has better versions of practically every great NES game you listed. Super Mario World/Super Mario RPG, Super Punch-Out!!, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 3(6), etc. NES gets points for being groundbreaking, but as far as raw gameplay and enjoyability goes, the SNES wins hands down. If you put any of my examples here against the corresponding examples you listed, there's no contest for most of them (the only legit argument I could see would be with SMB3 vs SMW, but considering SMB3 is almost universally considered the best game for the NES, and SMW was average at best for the SNES...). The NES paved the way for the excellence that was the SNES.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-02-24, 07:24 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The SNES has better versions of..."
Gameboy color.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2013-02-24, 10:43 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Gameboy color."
Pokemon?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2013-02-24, 12:13 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Gameboy color."
Sovereign said: [Goto]
Gameboy color.
I'm pretty sure this is considered a handheld and not a console.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2013-02-24, 03:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm pretty sure this is considered a..."
Always thought it was considered a handheld gaming console. My next choice would be SNES.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2013-02-24, 04:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Might I point out that the "PSX" was..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
My first console was a PlayStation, at Christmas 1998 (I think it was then - came with the original Spyro the Dragon, and I can remember buying the second when it came out in 1999). As such, I never actually played on other consoles. Got a PS2 around 2002, then a PS3 on the EU launch day. The first console I played on that wasn't part of the PlayStation family was an Xbox 360 at a friend's in the run up to the PS3 launch.
Pretty much what happened to me. Spyro propelled me into the Playstation genre of games. Frogger, Crash Bandicoot, ThunderStrike, Croc, they all elicit fond memories among others.

I had also found a Gameboy Color with Donkey Kong Country in it around this time which got me into handheld gaming. So that has to be my second favorite. Still remember all those car rides playing Pokemon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow