Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post New consoles = Old console death?
Posted 2005-05-24, 06:17 AM
The PS2, for being only a few years old is (i'm guessing) near it's death. With the announcement of the Xbox360 PS3 and Nintendo Revolution I'm guessing that all previous consoles will quit having games developed for them, and will eventually die out. Discuss I guess....this goes for all older consoles, which will lose interest for good reason.

Though, analysts say that the PS3 is cheaper to develop games than any system out/going to come out.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-24, 08:28 AM in reply to D3V's post "New consoles = Old console death?"
Actually I was predicting a rise in SNES and Sega Genesis sales when the PS3 and 360 came out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-24, 09:01 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Actually I was predicting a rise in..."
yeah i am pretty sure they are going to start releasing brand new games for the Atari very soon.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-24, 09:59 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "yeah i am pretty sure they are going to..."
I believe they're still making games for the PS1...which is rather stupid...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-24, 10:05 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Actually I was predicting a rise in..."
Kaneda said:
Actually I was predicting a rise in SNES and Sega Genesis sales when the PS3 and 360 came out.
I'm not talking about SNES and older shit like that you smart ass nigger wannebe. I'm talking about the shit we're playing right now, but nonetheless it doesn't matter.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-05-24, 10:08 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm not talking about SNES and older..."
Well, since XBox 360 won't be backwards compatable for all games, there will still be poeple playing XBox. Lol, MS fucked up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-05-24, 10:17 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, since XBox 360 won't be backwards..."
That's the point I was tryin' to portray but supposively they are gonna release some software that'll make all games compatible.....pssh.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2005-05-24, 10:19 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "That's the point I was tryin' to..."
Software...they have a software fetish...bastards...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-24, 10:50 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Software...they have a software..."
Why don't they just put an XBox inside the 360 like Sony did with the PS2?

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-05-24, 10:56 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Why don't they just put an XBox inside..."
Not a clue...wait, SOny put an Xbox inside the PS2!!!

Gotta love ambiguity...

But...yes...we were saying??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-24, 11:04 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Not a clue...wait, SOny put an Xbox..."
You know what I meant. PS1 inside the PS2 to ensure backward compatibility. I wonder if there is going to be a PS2 in the PS3.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-05-24, 11:06 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "You know what I meant. PS1 inside the..."
Yes, I know...

Maybe they'll do that...but surely it's only a case of having the right type of drives (CD-Rom and DVD-Rom)...no??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-24, 11:35 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Yes, I know... Maybe they'll do..."
Not exactly. Both the Xbox and the PS2 have DVD-ROM drives, but they can't play eachother's games (without modding) because they don't have the software built-in to recognize and run the other system's games. Also, the PS3 is going to use a Blu-Ray drive which is different than DVD but will without a doubt be backward compatible just like DVD was with CD since they will use lasers to read discs.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-05-24, 11:45 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Not exactly. Both the Xbox and the PS2..."
Fair enough...

Talking about Blu-Ray discs, you'll notice my thread in Gen Con about the 100gb one? Well Sony are developing a 200gb Blu-Ray disc!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-24, 12:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm not talking about SNES and older..."
For one that goes around quoting the forum rules all the time you sure do like to make yourself a hypocrite. POS. My point was dont be a dumb mother fucker and ask if a new system coming out is going to make sales and production of the predasesor go down. Of course the the answer.
This really is a thread that doesnt deliver.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-24, 12:03 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "For one that goes around quoting the..."
Thats Randuin's thingymajigger...

And why do...sheep not shrink when it rains??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-24, 02:20 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Thats Randuin's thingymajigger... ..."
PS3 will play PS1 and PS2 games. Xbox360 is retarded because it's just a computer that has controllers plug into it.

Nintendo makes good games but they are retarded about trying new gimmicks that people aren't interested in.

I don't think I'm gonna buy any of them for awhile.. I just got a PSP
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2005-05-24, 02:24 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Thats Randuin's thingymajigger... ..."
I know and he says it in every other thread he posts in but where is he when you need him? Off trying on some Gucci probably.
Does processed wool shrink when it gets wet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-24, 02:58 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I know and he says it in every other..."
If you mean the older consoles wont get many sells, that's obvious, but I think older gaming will be revived. The whole thing about the Nintendo Revolution being able to download games for all of Nintendo's systems is going to make a looooot of old-school nintendo fans happy, and give people who haven't played older nintendo games a chance to play them without having to hunt them down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-05-24, 07:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you mean the older consoles wont get..."
I will be very happy to download the old nintendo games. I will finally be able to play the games on the snes that i never got to because i did not have one as a young child.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005