Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Nothingness and its opposite Everything.
Posted 2008-09-21, 04:16 PM
Discussing the theory of everything.

notJasonBADX: I am a nostalgic thought from the future.
Zelaron: Welcome to yesterday.
notJasonBADX: So I was trying to grasp at the concepts...
notJasonBADX: Of everything...
notJasonBADX: If we are a universe simulation within a simulation within a simulation
notJasonBADX: and the master universe was creating all of us
notJasonBADX: Where did it come from?
notJasonBADX: The ultimate question whatever faith you believe in
notJasonBADX: God created everything
notJasonBADX: who created god
notJasonBADX: and so on
notJasonBADX: I imagined it as
notJasonBADX: There is total nothingness
notJasonBADX: But for everything there is an opposite
notJasonBADX: So that nothingness is also completeness
notJasonBADX: But the opposite of nothing and everything
notJasonBADX: is half that
notJasonBADX: or twice that
notJasonBADX: So the opposites chain goes on and on...
notJasonBADX: Black white
notJasonBADX: Anything you can possibly imagine
notJasonBADX: is real
notJasonBADX: somewhere
Zelaron: Binary entanglement of increasing orders of complexity?
Zelaron: Nice.
notJasonBADX: is thats what its called?
Zelaron: Hmm, but why two?
Zelaron: Doubtful.
Zelaron: But "two" becomes such an important number. Would it have been prior to the advent of the computer?
notJasonBADX: Yes this is the ultimate creation theory
notJasonBADX: Before there was anything
notJasonBADX: and then its opposite
notJasonBADX: everything
Zelaron: What about prospective generations accustomed to qubits? Is "two" a visceral remnant of our view of the information age?
notJasonBADX: there is no time
notJasonBADX: we are just spots on the everything side
notJasonBADX: Two must be the answer
notJasonBADX: Everything is based on twos if you think about it
Zelaron: It is a seemingly fundamental component of nature.
Zelaron: Matter and anti-matter, every quark has a corresponding quark, two-bit DNA with copies of itself...
notJasonBADX: After I explained it to the other guy on the guard tower with me...
Zelaron: Yes, there is a definite balance there; however, trilateral symmetry also appears throughout nature to some extent.
notJasonBADX: We started thinking of every possible thing we could think.
notJasonBADX: "In another universe those helicopters flying over us dropped nukes that made explosions of flavour, enveloping us in frozen chunks of fire."
notJasonBADX: Once you got the grasp of everything
notJasonBADX: Its fun
notJasonBADX: thinking of stuff and knowing it exist somewhere else and after our singularity you can go experience it yourself
notJasonBADX: I am more awake now then ever.
Zelaron: indeed; with our coming leverage of intelligence, we will be able to create any perceivable environment that we would like or want to see.
notJasonBADX: Except for nothingness
Zelaron: Sometimes I wonder if there could be an inherent inflation of requirements for fulfilment in those circumstances.
Zelaron: For instance, emperor Hirohito was essentially a leisured aristocrat who didn't have to spend any time "finding food for his survival" or anything. He essentially got everything he wanted, and was bored, thus he undertook the endeavor of becoming a marine biologist.
Zelaron: Kaczynski referred to such behavior as "surrogate activities", i.e. activities to fulfil the power process with essentially "useless endeavors", at least from a basic, Darwinistic point of view.
notJasonBADX: Hence the goal of an AI creating a smarter version of itself infinitly
Zelaron: Even if so, it is possible that there are inherent limits to gains in intelligence.
Zelaron: If it turns out that the universe is limited in some regards, which it hopefully will not prove to be, then additional improvements in intelligence would prove useless.
notJasonBADX: There is no limit.
notJasonBADX: There is everything
notJasonBADX: and nothing
notJasonBADX: As AI improves
Zelaron: Just because Julius Sextus Frontinus stated that "Inventions have long since reached their limit, and I see no hope for further developments" doesn't make such intuitive thoughts about the universe true per se.
notJasonBADX: it still can never have a single entity reach everything
notJasonBADX: this is always more
notJasonBADX: that is everything
Zelaron: (in 10 AD)
Zelaron: It just means that human intuition is usually wrong, and has still been continually wrong until date.
notJasonBADX: What is your favorite fictional book?
Zelaron: Good question. Perhaps Dune, or Neuromancer.
notJasonBADX: Both great books. Both Nonfiction (somewhere else) After the singularity lets visit them.
Zelaron: That's an intriguing thought. We should be able to create a thorough, intelligent simulation in a very short time frame, too.
Zelaron: I want to be transferred to a computational substrate ASAP.

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-09-21 at 05:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-21, 09:51 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Nothingness and its opposite Everything."
Basically what I am grasping at, is that the universe does not exist, and yet it does as the opposite of not existing. The opposite of absolute nothingness is absolute everything. We reside in the everything side obviously, and within the everything side our existence is a self evolving system of intelligences gaining new data about everything.

Anything you can possibly imagine, as your imagining it, is happening somewhere as an opposite of it not happening.

Every possible theory you can think, every religion in the universe, every train of thought... it is all true somewhere. If you truly believe God created the universe and if you live a good life you can goto heaven, well that is going to happen for you. If you believe that when you die you goto some weird cartoon land that happens too. If you believe in the AI Singularity, and become a machine as your post human life, so be it.

We exist therefor I have more proof about my theory then a religous type has about god. And this theory has god covered for those who believe just incase.

"I think therefor I am" -Descartes

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2008-09-21 at 09:57 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy