Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Question !!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!
Posted 2002-04-08, 06:40 PM
Ok People I Just have to get something off of my chest ... BUT

ONLY READ IF YOUR OPEN MINDED

Ok here it goes.

Everyone no matter what religion,race,ethnic background, or

what ever you all know about 9-11 and if u dont ur weird but

where was the patriotism before9-11???? Did it take this big of a

dilema to get people toghter for one common cause ? Where

were our flags waving proud when oklahoma was bombed???

sure people cried and mourned but where was the nations

people lighting candles where were we going to see the building(

s) that were bombed ? well people if u think that it takes

something this big to bring us toghter or rip us appart what kind

of country r we? well respondonly if ur mature enuf to write a

complete response . PLEASE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GodsLittlePimp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGodsLittlePimp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GodsLittlePimp

Posted 2002-04-09, 08:51 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
I guess the answer is yes, it does take something really big.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-10, 06:45 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
well thats a very good question pimp.. i guess that wat happened on 9-11 was good in a way because it FINALLY united our nation.. ure right where were our flags b4 this? i hung my flag once a year and it was that holiday (i think it was flag day or something)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilSteven

Posted 2002-04-10, 10:50 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Because for a very long time America never had to worry about anything. Living in America is like living in a box. We were completely seperate from the rest of the world. Why show pride if you dont even have to. Of course it would take something big to open our eyes and realize that we take this land for granted. Oklahoma was withen America so that wouldnt make you look past our borders. Sept. 11 is the first time in a looong time we have actually been seriously attacked by another country.

When your born you cannot choose where your born or who your parents are. If you are born in America consider yourself lucky. You probably don't know what its like in many countries around the world. It is extremely different. If you have been in America all your life and consider yourself open minded i promise you will find it very depressing to travel to certain places.

I don't consider patriotism to be an especially good thing. All it does is cause war. the definition is Love of and devotion to one's country. This means you must think lesser of other countries. If you have never been anywhere else or met the people then it is ignorant to consider yourself truely a patriot.

There really is a whole different world out there and i'm very sure it isnt what you picture in your mind. Things like Sept. 11 are regular events for some people and have beent that way for peoples life times. No one else in the world cares or supports them. What kind of country are we you ask? becoming a normal one.

edit: evil-steven: what makes you think Xenn is so wrong?
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-04-11, 05:19 AM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
*snore*
too boring to read
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-11, 11:31 AM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Screw you, Lee.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Wink
Posted 2002-04-11, 01:35 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
:]

and fuck those penguins
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-11, 03:38 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Mr. Lee, ill repeat what two others have said already...mature responses only plz. Come back when your old enough :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-04-11, 04:26 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Quote:
Originally posted by King Kai 3
I don't consider patriotism to be an especially good thing. All it does is cause war. the definition is Love of and devotion to one's country. This means you must think lesser of other countries.
I believe you've got patriotism confused with nationalism. Patriotism involves loving your country and its freedoms, and wanting to keep them. Nationalism is the typical 'our country is the best' crap, and is also considered to be one of the factors that led to both world wars.

I think Sept. 11 awoke a feeling of patriotism (not nationalism) that people never knew they had because they took too many things (i.e. our national safety) for granted.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Badass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBadass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-11, 04:31 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
i think that we now are a stronger nation than ever before becasue of it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
El Morano is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEl Morano is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

El Morano

Posted 2002-04-11, 04:31 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
I dont believe i confused anything. however its possible that i did. Im just going by the definition of patriotism that is in the dictionary.

and i dont think were stronger. were simply aware.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-04-11, 04:39 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Quote:
I dont believe i confused anything. however its possible that i did. Im just going by the definition of patriotism that is in the dictionary.
Patriotism -- Please note that none of these definitions refer to thinking less of another country.
Nationalism -- For the fourth entry, definition 1 is synonymous with patriotism. However, the second one states "2: the conviction that the culture and interests of your nation are superior to those of any other nation." This is what you were referring to as patriotism.

Hope that cleared it up.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Badass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBadass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-11, 06:00 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
windows sucks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Unregistered

Posted 2002-04-11, 07:28 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
really...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-04-11, 09:45 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
I think you missed my point badass gandhi. My point is that if you show love and devotion to one country (patriotism) that must mean you think at least somewhat lesser of another country. And you shouldnt think that way at all. Just because this one country is the only place you have ever been doesnt mean that theres not a whole other world out there. If your devoted to ONE country you would do anything for the country...this could mean war couldnt it?

Quote:
Where

were our flags waving proud when oklahoma was bombed???
lol i didnt realize this was a proud moment :/

Last edited by King Kai 3; 2002-04-11 at 09:50 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-04-12, 08:01 AM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Quote:
I think you missed my point badass gandhi. My point is that if you show love and devotion to one country (patriotism) that must mean you think at least somewhat lesser of another country. And you shouldnt think that way at all.
But you don't have to think your country's better than any other country to be a patriot, you just have to like your country better. The words love and devotion don't carry a sense of absolute favoritism. You don't have to dislike every other country in the world to consider yourself a patriot. If you do, then you've gone past patriotism and into nationalism.

Quote:
If your devoted to ONE country you would do anything for the country...this could mean war couldnt it?
Well naturally, as long as you feel the war is justified. And if you don't, that's why we have Conscientious Objector Status.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-12, 08:05 AM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Quote:
When your born you cannot choose where your born or who your parents are.
Prove it.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-12, 08:46 AM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Quote:
Originally posted by Chruser

Prove it.

... Listen, buddy.

There are plenty of trout left over from mIRC waiting to smack you.
Comprende?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-04-12, 04:41 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Quote:
The words love and devotion don't carry a sense of absolute favoritism
But it does carry out a sense of favoritism. How is it possible to love one country more then another but think of every country (including your own) as an equal? I dont think it is possible. I'm not talking about hating every other country...just thinking lesser of them. Which really is not fair.

Quote:
Prove it.
i dont think ill be responding to this one :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-04-12, 10:10 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Quote:
But it does carry out a sense of favoritism. How is it possible to love one country more then another but think of every country (including your own) as an equal? I dont think it is possible. I'm not talking about hating every other country...just thinking lesser of them. Which really is not fair.
All right, I think I may have been misunderstanding you then. I think the phrase "think lesser of" is kind of loaded. If you mean think lesser of in relation to your own country, then yes, patriotism does involve some (small) degree of this. But if you really mean think lesser of in general, I'm still going to have to disagree with you.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi