Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming > Deus Ex: Human Revolution

View Poll Results: Where do you think Deus Ex: Human Revolution will fall?
It will be so amazing, the original will be forgotten 0 0%
It will be on par with the original 1 12.50%
It will be better than the second game 5 62.50%
The Deus Ex name will sink to new lows 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Will it suck?
Posted 2011-08-07, 07:32 PM
So we probably all know or heard how Deus Ex 2 (Invisible War) didn't come close to living up to the Deus Ex name, how it was hampered by the XBox, and so forth. Deus Ex 3 is finally coming out this month, and there's been plenty of videos and propoganda released. Will it fly or flop?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-07, 09:18 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Will it..."
Fly. Chruser claims it "is pretty awesome!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-08-08, 12:11 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Fly. Chruser claims it "is pretty..."
One could argue that Deus Ex 2 was "pretty awesome.". After all, it is only by comparison with its predecesor that it was a disapointment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-08, 12:15 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "One could argue that Deus Ex 2 was..."
Well from what I recall Chruser didn't care for Invisible War, so his opinion of Human Revolution being "pretty awesome!" is probably in comparison to Deus Ex in some way
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-08-08, 08:37 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well from what I recall Chruser didn't..."
I found Invisible War rather forgettable.

Wait, what are we talking about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2011-08-08, 10:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well from what I recall Chruser didn't..."
TBH, I can't wait to get my hands on it. It's unfortunate that it doesn't come out a week earlier, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-09, 10:57 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "TBH, I can't wait to get my hands on..."
According to Chruser, there's a "demo" out that includes the first city, which is Detroit. I doubt the demo is necessarily legal, but if you plan on buying the game when it is released anyway, there shouldn't be a huge moral objection to downloading and playing it. The only reason I haven't tried it yet myself is because I don't want to play through the content twice.

Chruser further explained his claims recently. He specifically said that DX:HR is a lot more like Deus Ex than DX:IW was. I have pretty high expectations now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-08-09, 06:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "According to Chruser, there's a "demo"..."
If it's much like the first game, it should bear replaying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-09, 08:07 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If it's much like the first game, it..."
I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Between this and Skyrim, my marriage is bound to fail.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2011-08-09, 09:18 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I'm definitely looking forward to this...."
Probably
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2011-08-11, 08:47 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Probably :p"
Answer to the thread title: No. See my Deus Ex: Human Revolution prebuild review.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Knight Sir Rick enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzKnight Sir Rick enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Knight Sir Rick