Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Wii vs 360
Posted 2008-05-12, 11:07 AM
Bonjour garcons et filles!

My boyfriend and I are wanting to get a new system, but we're torn . We're leaning towards the Wii because we like the Mario games and it just looks fun, but our friend has a 360 and he plays Halo live which has been pretty fun. Can you give me som advice?

Bon apres midi mes amis!
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:09 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "Wii vs 360"
Well would you rather play Halo or Mario

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:19 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "Wii vs 360"
People don't keep the Wii. You get it, play games on it for a while, the cool factor wears off, then you trade it in for another system. My roommate really wanted one for a long time and snatched up the first one he found. About 3 months later he sold it (I already had a PS3 and my other roommate an XBox360, so no new system). For most people, I'd only recommend a Wii if they have the party house, because the Wii has many good games for a group of people to just pick up and play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:21 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well would you rather play Halo or Mario"
"Well would you rather play Halo or Mario"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know that's why I'm posting. I like them both. I've just heared good and bad about both...I've heard that you get tired of it after a month, but there are more games for it...I don't know. I don't want to throw away a lot of money for something we're only going to play for a few months...He really doesn't care as long as he gets to play Madden on it...
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:21 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "Wii vs 360"
i like the wii. But/because i like mario
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:24 AM in reply to klo's post starting "i like the wii. But/because i like..."
Do you have one or do you just like mario?
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:36 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "Do you have one or do you just like..."
Get both. My sister got the Wii. Yes we have stopped playing it for a while but we are not the type to sell it off later on so it will stay where it's at. Meanwhile I just got an Xbox 360. My sister now plans on getting a PS3.

Yes we live like 20 yards away from each other. Same plot of land two different houses. Anyways get one but keep and just get the other one later on. Because a game might come out that you want and you will be like "Oh no I sold my Wii/Xbox 360 and now this cool game is here and I really want it!"

I can't begin to tell you how much that feeling sucks. Then I learned the PS2 could play my PS games. So I got a PS2. Then I got a gamecube and we almost got rid of the 64. But decided not to. Since then we have actually gone back to the 64 from time to time.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:39 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Get both. My sister got the Wii. Yes we..."
I wish I could get both of them, but we're in the middle of moving and can't afford two systems.
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:41 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Get both. My sister got the Wii. Yes we..."
I just recently got a Wii, and it is terrific. I'm not too into the 360, although playing NHL 08 and NBA Live 08 were great on it. I'm just more of a Mario fan, and SSBB is fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-12, 11:58 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I just recently got a Wii, and it is..."
My Brothers/Parents have had a Wii since Christmas and the "cool" factor has worn off, even with the new SSB game. I'm saving up for a PS3 myself.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-12, 01:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "My Brothers/Parents have had a Wii..."
Sadly true. If you know what is good in a Wii its a good buy but most of it is gimmicky. They shouldn't have messed with the standard form, it just was a novelty and now it will be hard to recover until the next console. Still is a cool thing to have with some great games and features. I like mine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-05-12, 01:48 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "Wii vs 360"
360 by farrrrrrrrrrrr.

As WW stated, if you have a party house or whathaveyou, then the Wii is probably your better choice since they have a lot of games geared towards groups.

With that being said, the 360 fucking dominates. I bought mine around February and it's been turned on pretty much everyday. Right now, I'm heavily addicted to Halo 3 on Live (I'm almost ranked a general - to you Halo nubs, that's the highest rank you can get). Plus, the 360 has a TON of games that appeal to every group. There are some decent RPGs out there, definitely some good FPSs, and as you mentioned some pretty good sports games, among others.

Overall, the 360 is the way to go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos