Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

I got a JOB
Posted 2007-11-10, 07:44 AM
I was in class yesterday and Bear Sterns, one of the top financial firms in the world, calls me and announces that they want me to work with them. Basically, i have a job for the next 3 years with pay and bonuses. This is nuts
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-11-10, 11:05 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "I got a JOB"
Cool. Do you have to do any kind of training? If so, are they paying you for training or are they asking you to pay for your training?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-11-10, 11:26 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "I got a JOB"
That is awesome man, congrats!

I really don't know what else to say lol...fuck thats sweet.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2007-11-10, 01:06 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Cool. Do you have to do any kind of..."
KagomJack said:
Cool. Do you have to do any kind of training? If so, are they paying you for training or are they asking you to pay for your training?
The position is in the controllers group of bear sterns. The two year training program is paid and then i get a raise once i get out of the program. It is an elite position and is held in the headquaters in Manhatten. Thank you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-11-10, 01:22 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The position is in the controllers..."
It always depresses me when people who cannot spell get corporate jobs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-11-10, 02:36 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "It always depresses me when people who..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
It always depresses me when people who cannot spell get corporate jobs.
Thats whats great about the job, no spelling just math. And fuck you Grav
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-11-10, 03:44 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Thats whats great about the job, no..."
What's your job title? I know they hire finance majors in some c0ompanies right out of school for over 100k a year with bonuses.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-11-10, 05:18 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "What's your job title? I know they..."
thats awesome, you said it's just math right? like do you know what kind of math or work you specifically have to do? like whats the job description
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2007-11-10, 06:41 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "I got a JOB"
Grats on the job, hopefully you'll get to work with people you like and get some decent pay.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-11-10, 10:18 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "I got a JOB"
Nice job. Get me a Marketing job in 3 1/2 years!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-11-11, 12:56 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "The position is in the controllers..."
SO they pay for your training? Good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-11-11, 01:05 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "SO they pay for your training? Good."
A lot of business places do. I know with accounting internships with a lot of companies you get paid 25 bucks an hour to goto DISNEYLAND.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-11-11, 07:01 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "thats awesome, you said it's just math..."
iceman887 said:
thats awesome, you said it's just math right? like do you know what kind of math or work you specifically have to do? like whats the job description
i am basically the middleman of the company. Not only do i make the financial statements that get reported to the SEC, i create the ratio and trend analysis for the brokers. After the sale, i keep constant contact with the clients and help them create wealth (hence wealth management). I also report to top manangment and help them decide whether raises and benefits should be added to employees and i help monitor retirement funds. The pay is great and the bonuses they told me about are alot for somebody coming out of college.

Most of the job is math, excel spreedsheets, etc. Very little english and mostly finance accounting. The math is simple add subtract, multiple and divide shit. But using the spreedsheets and having to sign my name to all documents makes it harder
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-11-11, 10:00 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "i am basically the middleman of the..."
That's cool that you got a good job. How many hours a week are you looking at working on average or did you not ask for a ballpark number?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-11-11, 11:27 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "That's cool that you got a good job. ..."
I didnt want to know, so im guessing around 80+ hours a week. Kinda sucks but its what i want to be doing so its not that bad
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-11-11, 01:16 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "i am basically the middleman of the..."
How are you at public speaking? You're going to be doing a bit of it if you're reporting to higher-ups.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-11-11, 04:53 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "How are you at public speaking? You're..."
I am very good at public speaking. i just need help when im writing the speech aspect to the presentation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-11-12, 09:14 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "i am basically the middleman of the..."
Well congratulations man. I hope everything works out for ya.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-11-12, 09:49 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well congratulations man. I hope..."
omg you got a job! lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-11-12, 10:05 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I didnt want to know, so im guessing..."
Yea. Don't be surprised if you work closer to 100 a week. I've talked to some people that did financial work for a big firm and they worked like over 100 hours a week on average. But I'm sure it just depends on the firm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood