Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Tutorials
Posted 2007-10-05, 09:04 AM
I'm most definately not qualified to do this, but I've noticed quite often someone comes here seeking an answer to something that has been answered before. Perhaps we should start a sticky (this one, if you want) compiling all of these things, perhaps with some tutorials and such, to help out new people and possibly bring more people here.

Something I would absolutely love is a "getting started" tutorial. I've been somewhat interested in getting and playing around with RPGmaker, but I have no idea where to start. Perhaps we should host RPGmaker somewhere, along with a "Beginners Tutorial" for the very noobish user. I think this might encourage current members to get into RPGmaker and maybe give this forum even more activity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-13, 08:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Tutorials"
http://rpgmaker2000.narod.ru/rm2k_faq.htm

This place has a lot of tutorials. It's essentially the only place I go for them. Sure some of them are broken, but it's still good.

Note: These are for rm2k and rm2k3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-10-13, 11:29 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "http://rpgmaker2000.narod.ru/rm2k_faq.ht..."
We want you to write a tut for our site. So people don't have to go there silly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2007-10-14, 12:59 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "We want you to write a tut for our..."
That's no fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-11-08, 08:12 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "That's no fun. :("
Nice though mabey this can be one of them.

A tutorial like off pokemon.

Did you ever want a an opening like pokemon or other games well here is one.

There is a color like pink, yellow , green , ect.. on the bottom right side of your chpset its located by pressing F5.

So 1 you have to make you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pokemonlibe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPokemonlibe1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pokemonlibe1

[XP]Ever wanted more then one title?
Posted 2008-03-04, 08:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Tutorials"
For RMXP.Ok... I know there are a few people out there who would like to know how to have more then one title.. So that way you can have so and so fancy productions, then perhaps a poem, then the actual title scene. Well, if thats the case then i have the answer for you.. Basically all you have to do is this.

Go to the script section and go into your scene_title menu.

Go to line number 34, or look for @sprite = Sprite.new

And directly below it, above the script below it. past in this.

@sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("intro1")
Graphics.transition(60,"Graphics/Transitions/" + "016-Diamond02")
Graphics.freeze

Make sure that whatever words are in the Rpg::Cache.picture("intro1") is what the file you want to be your extra titles name, so if you wanted "Clouds" as your first title screen, put ion @sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("Clouds") and have a file in your picture section of the material base named Clouds.

Now for the next step.

#Disposes the images and fades out.
@sprite.bitmap.dispose
@sprite.dispose
Graphics.transition(60,"Graphics/Transitions/" + "016-Diamond02")

Basically it will wipe that title away and bring your next title up. So if you wanted like..five titles, just post the codes five times, and import five files with the same name into the pictures folder of your material base.

And if you want to slow down the fade out part so someone can read whats there.. put this code in under Graphics freeze part.

# Will wait 2 seconds...
sleep(2)

you can edit the number so it will wait for say...5 or 20 if you wanted.

Once you have that set up make sure that this code is below the last title screen you put up.

@sprite = Sprite.new

@sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.title($data_system.title_name)

That will bring to the title screen with your "New game" "Continue" "Shutdown".

And there you go, simple yet effective.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander