Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Why doesnt blizzard continue with diablo series
Posted 2002-01-16, 06:29 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone else is pissed at blizzard for totally giving up on diablo to work on other projects. I think there is so much more left to do with this game. After having the best selling expansion ever why not follow it up with more. It seems to me that with diablo being as popular as it is bliz would consider keeping it going instead of working on a EQ DoAC look alike. I guess they just want to make WoW the game everyone plays because they want to make the monthly fee $. I just hope WoW is as good as diablo 2 and plays faster than DAoC and EQ. I still would have like to see more levels to explore and harder areas monsters etc in diablo . LOD was really cool at first but after playing it for months it really didnt have the reply value of classic. The crappy rares and everyone eventually getting all the uniques got boring and act5 was way too easy. Id love to see more quests like ancients where monsters get harder and harder. Where maybe it takes a mixed group to survive but the reward would be a good item or a nice chunk of exp. I recently did hell ancients a few times in hardcore and it was much easier than i expected. I think a realm reset would be an interesting idea. I think bliz could introduce a 4th difficulty lvl harder than HEll difficulty maybe which would require great equipment and skill to play. I think making rares with magical prefixes and all rares getting 5 or 6 mods would be interesting. A weapon with cruel and grandmasters with evisceretion would be incredible. a weapon like this would be the kind needed for a new difficulty lvl. And armors with godly, whale, resists and str would be good enough to beat out the unique armors people wear. I think quests which are extremly difficult but also rewarding in items or exp would make magic finding less important. People would have to wear more than just mf equipement. I think dueling arenas with rules and diferent terains would be cool and u could make wagers for gold or items for the winner. Just some ideas from a diablo addict. I would consider paying a monthly fee to play diablo if it blizzard would upgrade the game and release expansions regularly. I guess thats what they plan on doing with WoW tho so i guess everyone can forget about old diablo and wait patiently for WoW. If anyone knows when WoW is coming out or beta testing or any info on wow im sure everyone would like to read about it. Hope my first post isnt too long I probably could keep going on and on
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
augo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenaugo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

augo

Posted 2002-01-16, 06:48 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
D2's days are probably over, but that doesn't mean they gave up on the Diablo series completely. Half of Blizzard are probably working on D3 secretly.

WoW WILL be a great game.
A MMORPG from Blizzard is everyone's dream... or is it really?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-01-16, 07:37 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
Diablo II is a great game, I still play it though alot! Get on useast people and play...

Anyways more on topic, It would be a finacial downfall if Blizz did not cont. with the series.

Bliz's top online games sorted by USERS:
1. Starcraft
2. Diablo II
3. Warcraft
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-01-26, 06:45 AM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
Sierra should merge some companies for a MMOFPS - Starcraft
They "own" blizzard anyway, but I guess that's a good thing.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-01-31, 08:44 AM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
blizz nwever said theyd stop with diablo just there very busy with there bigger badder series duh duh duh duh warcraft 3
and world of warcraft
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZERONX

Posted 2002-02-03, 02:42 AM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
Ever notice their crappy tech support? well if their tech support sucks then they probably suck at making gmaes on on time, just like starcraft 2 i heard about it but theres no information on it at all.

just my opinion....

carbon
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
carbon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencarbon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

carbon

Posted 2002-02-16, 08:36 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
i agreee with taco and yes...their tech support does suck major ass on bnet...but their tech support via email is quite good.
~-Killah out-~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Killah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKillah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Killah

Posted 2002-02-20, 03:33 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
What tech support?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zerathul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZerathul is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zerathul

Posted 2002-02-20, 03:37 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
EXACTLY!.. they have none on any other realms but USWest..i think that is the only one but FUCK U BLIZZ..UR ALL GAY~!:[ :[
~-Killah out-~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Killah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKillah is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Killah

Lightbulb
Posted 2002-02-23, 01:10 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
I think they stop with diablo serie, because all of those hacks.
You remember d1? Almost all ppl chars are hacked/cheated.
Cant find a fucking legit game nowdays.
More comments later...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-02-23, 01:23 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
Yep

If another new diablo came out tomarrow, I know for a fact that people will be working on dupes, cheats and more, just to ruin the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-02-23, 01:29 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
*sigh* too bad that they dont continue with it...
anyway they will maybe start the d3 project one day
who knows... you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-02-26, 05:35 AM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
diablo series is getting borring but i only play it every once and a while to duel
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZERONX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ZERONX

Posted 2002-03-25, 10:01 PM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
ya..i think D3 is a definite possiblity for maybe 05` but im doubtin ill still play....every six months or so i end up stoppin for another 6 months...i dont have a very long attention spand i guess

ps, i think the only legit games ur gunna find anymore is on a console =( and i got a feeling thatll change as the upcoming battle net like features that dream cast tried to work out....

Last edited by Urbanxxxassualt; 2002-03-25 at 10:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Urbanxxxassualt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUrbanxxxassualt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Urbanxxxassualt

Posted 2002-04-06, 02:34 AM in reply to augo's post "Why doesnt blizzard continue with..."
the reason they dont is that the story line is basically over and them being stupid as$ dumb fu*king idiots could be a good reason 2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar