Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Cry Yes... I AM BACK! (With a new game)
Posted 2007-05-02, 11:58 AM
FWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am back from my brief period of gone-ness where i was submited to the most cruel acts of torture. I was forced into a chair and prodded with little sticks and forced to play Kingdom Hearts (of which i am now a fanatic) and laugh at pointless and silly jokes about yokels and wakka (curse him i say, CURSE HIM!). phew. I think it had a lasting effect on me... Meh. Who knows. Anyways, my neeeeewwwww game (Evil Calling got deleted... I thinks...) is called Beyond the Light. Now kiddies *cheesey smile* i may well have posted a game on here called Beyond the Light before, but this (as i said earlier) is neeeewwwww! It is about a lad named Clad (heh heh) who has escaped from the EBUL clutches of the muntan region. Soon aproaching is the Mana Storm (which i think i stole from somewhere) and with it, a terrible surprise. Sooooo-

CHARACTERS:
Clad Dentai - Young lad
Princess Lucifianne Semarian Avele II (Lucifia for short) - Princess
Cid ??? - Airship mechanic (heh heh)
Rufus ??? - Arena champion
Lumina Lentario Sevele - Forest girl
Locke Rei - Wayward Wizard
Edel Julias - Castle Warrior

PLOT:
Clad, Cid and Rufus are on the run from the Muntan Empire. They don't know why, but they intend to find cover before the approaching Mana Storm. However, Princess Lucifia has just been told the fate of her mother. Now both her mother and father are dead, and she intends to travel to Beinale Rock to save her sister, Marleen, from meeting the curse. Lumina however, is a simple girl who lives in the sacred Hybren Forest with her mother. Upon fighting a Water Snake in the forest of 'no monsters', she becomes worried, and is determined to find out why this monster is here. Locke on the other hand, has awoken in the pleasant Village Wayward, where time doesn't flow, and monsters are nowhere to be seen. He doesn't know why he's here, and he can't remember how he got there. However, when the time slowly starts to flow and the monsters move in, Locke is asked to fnid out why. These peoples once peacful lives have met strange calamities, which isin't a good thing. The Muntan Empire, the death omens in the forest, the curse of the royal family, the magic of the forest fading, these aren't just mere coincedence.

Something big is about to happen.

FEATURES:
Maps,
Skill Scrolls,
Magical Instruments,
Party changing,
Mini-games,
Crystal system

SO:
I would happily take any ideas, characters or plot edits IF, and only if, they fit my plan. I would be most happy to accept any custom ideas (such as ability grids etc) IF, and only if, you can provide the codes/maps. Anyone looking to help make resources, help with the game etc, feel free IF, and only if, you have MSN. (Email IF you can convince me) I'll take anyone from beginners (who like to make maps, events, add to the story) to experts (who are good with codes and items/skill making).

Thank-ye!

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
caj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencaj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

caj800

Posted 2007-05-02, 01:33 PM in reply to caj800's post "Yes... I AM BACK! (With a new game)"
If I had RMXP i would ask you for your game! It sounds like it needs help in my opinion.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-05-02, 02:10 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "If I had RMXP i would ask you for your..."
Asamin said:
If I had RMXP i would ask you for your game! It sounds like it needs help in my opinion.
Do you mean help as in the BAD way, or the GOOD way?

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
caj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencaj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

caj800

Posted 2007-05-03, 05:44 PM in reply to caj800's post starting "Do you mean help as in the BAD way, or..."
Sounds like a kewlio game. Me wanna play. The Mana Storm is interesting...I've never thought of anything like that...I'm intrigued. If it's totally finished, would you want to host it on a website? I have my own (zmstudios.net) or you could easily post it on my bros website (goldfiles.com).

Edit: I don't feel like making a new thread so I'm just gonna say it here: I've been working on a game called Lord of Lies and I've gone too far ahead of myself and skipped a major part of the story where it goes ahead 10 years so the main character is older...I'm thinking I have to trash the whole game now, cuz I don't wanna delete everything I've just done for the past two or three weeks. IDIOT!@!
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"

Last edited by Slyvr; 2007-05-03 at 05:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-05-03, 06:15 PM in reply to caj800's post "Yes... I AM BACK! (With a new game)"
Make some more original names. I saw Clad and thought "Cloud" from FF7 and I felt the same way seeing Cid and Rufus. And expand upon the Crystal system. You don't want to go for cliche at all (like I do, but that's just for practice). Otherwise sounds pretty good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-05-04, 09:22 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Make some more original names. I saw..."
KagomJack said:
Make some more original names. I saw Clad and thought "Cloud" from FF7 and I felt the same way seeing Cid and Rufus. And expand upon the Crystal system. You don't want to go for cliche at all (like I do, but that's just for practice). Otherwise sounds pretty good.
LOL! I never actually noticed the Clad thing... I got it off a website. And Cid, well, i'm just boring like that! . And Rufus, I like that name. And thanks! Screenshots today i hope...

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

caj800

Posted 2007-05-04, 09:26 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Sounds like a kewlio game. Me wanna..."
BTW, Slyvr, can i host demo's? Then I will. Thanks.

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

caj800

Posted 2007-05-04, 09:44 AM in reply to caj800's post starting "BTW, Slyvr, can i host demo's? Then I..."
Screenshots! Beware, my map making isin't that good... I used RTP people because i couldn't find matching character sets on battle sets. If anyone can point me out to a few good ones i'd be very thankful.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Castle Avelton.bmp (225.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: bmp Castle Avelton 2.bmp (225.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: bmp House.bmp (225.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: bmp Rock.bmp (225.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: bmp T3H EBUL WATER SNAKE.bmp (225.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: bmp Title.bmp (224.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: bmp World Map.bmp (225.1 KB, 16 views)

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

caj800

Posted 2007-05-05, 02:12 AM in reply to caj800's post starting "Screenshots! Beware, my map making..."
That was tripple posting, watch yourself. I have an area for people with game ideas and projects called A New "Current Projects". Oh and feel free to view my story that has been 6 years in the making. My Website. Go to the idea section of the RPG Making Area.

*Here is a great site for a really large and very nice chipset, there are some other sets of other things on the site too. Good luck.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2007-05-05 at 02:18 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-05-05, 08:15 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "That was tripple posting, watch..."
That's a new one; RPG-Palace. Might have to check it out.

---

I would have merged caj's three posts, but I don't know if the attachments would have merged, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-05, 12:50 PM in reply to caj800's post starting "Screenshots! Beware, my map making..."
Well, you can always go edit the colors yourself to make 'em feel more original. It helps me when I do games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-05-05, 06:07 PM in reply to caj800's post starting "Screenshots! Beware, my map making..."
caj800 said:
Screenshots! Beware, my map making isin't that good... I used RTP people because i couldn't find matching character sets on battle sets. If anyone can point me out to a few good ones i'd be very thankful.
Dude, Caj...where'd you get that forest chipset and the world map chipset? Those are kewl, me want! and...is it just my computer...or are there pretty much no downloads available on that rpg-palace website?
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"

Last edited by Slyvr; 2007-05-05 at 06:10 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-05-06, 05:03 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Dude, Caj...where'd you get that forest..."
What do you mean? Have you seen how large those two chipsets are? They're enomous. You can pretty much make an entire game with those two chipsets alone. Then there is the mode 7 script, that is still in progress.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-05-07, 02:19 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "What do you mean? Have you seen how..."
To be honest I can't remember where I got them from. PM me your email and i'll send you them. Hopefully demo will be up when i get Chapter 2 done. Chapter 2 isin't long.

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

caj800

Posted 2007-06-17, 11:00 AM in reply to caj800's post starting "To be honest I can't remember where I..."
Bumped on request.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-17, 11:58 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Bumped on request."
Thanks Lenny!

So, I've got some updates. I had some new screenshots for Beyond the Light but I can't find them... *shifty eyes*.

While I'm here, I'll tell you about a new project i'm working on. It's a slight spin off to Beyond the Light. In beyond the light, there is a sub-game (for want of a better word) called Chocobo Underground. I'm not going to comment much on this part of the game, you can find out when you play it! So, this new project is called Chocobo Quest. It isn't an RPG, more of a fun action/adventure game. It isn't set in Yuho (The world in Beyond the Light) so it isn't really a spin-off. The same principals of Chocobo Underground are still the same, just with improved featured and a storyline. Well, I'll keep you updated.

BEYOND THE LIGHT STATUS:
CHAPTER 2 COMPLETION: 10%
GAME COMPLETION: N/A
MAP COMPLETION: N/A
DEMO COMPLETION (Version 2): 5%
COMPLETED:
Beyond The Light Demo v1.0 - (Uploading soon!)

CHOCOBO QUEST:
GAME COMPLETION: N/A
MAP COMPLETION: N/A
DEMO COMPLETION (Version 1): 5%

God i'm obsessed.

Last edited by caj800; 2007-07-26 at 02:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

caj800