Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Exclamation Evolution is Impossible....
Posted 2007-02-11, 08:24 PM
I have realized over the years that evolution has as much a chance of happining as a grain of sand becoming as rare as gold.
There are so many flaws in the whole thing its not even funny.... first of all it is directly attached to the "Big Bang Theroy" which has even more flaws...
Now evolution is understood to take many thousands of years right... so if a lizard begain to grow wings the scales on its legs would grow out and get longer, but since scales are heavier than feathers woulden't that evolutionary critter get eaten(natural selection)? I mean the longer scales would cause problems making the lizard slower and an easier target for its predators...

The big bang theroy states that all the matter in the universe came to gether to a spot in the universe and came to gether to form a super dense and hot ball of mass alot smaller than the size of earth..... first of all the only thing that could possibly bring matter together like that is a black hole or a massive star... things just dont come together on their own.... now a black hole would destroy the matter and the star would just use the matter as fuel ... even if some how it did come together it would need alot of energy to fuse to gether.... the fusion would use up alot of energy and cause the matter to become a different element; it has been shown that any element fused like that would last only a few miliseconds and would break apart becoming individual atoms and elements (not explode)...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDraco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Draco

Posted 2007-02-11, 08:44 PM in reply to Draco's post "Evolution is Impossible...."
-Evolution is not directly attached to the Big Bang Theory

-Evolutionary processes such as dinosaurs turning into birds take millions of years, not thousands, if a lizard with wings existed, it would still be able to survive as a lizard. Slowly and over time it would have a lighter body and then eventually be capable of flight with hollow bones. A lot of the steps involved with evolution are genetic accidents, such as hollow bones, and those accidents either flourish or die

-Big Bang Theory is pretty much garbage anyway, modern science still doesn't know nearly enough about our universe to make such theories with any sort of accuracy

-Just because something is far more intricate than you can understand, and requires probability that you cannot fathom, does not mean it's impossible

I'd say you're mostly talking out of your arse on this one

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2007-02-11 at 08:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-02-12, 10:49 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "-Evolution is not directly attached to..."
If you look at it, you cannot have one with out the other... If one falls it begins to support divine intervention ie. God
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDraco is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Draco

Posted 2007-02-12, 11:46 AM in reply to Draco's post starting "If you look at it, you cannot have one..."
No it doesn't. There is no evidence at all for it. If you believe you have evidence, by all means, post it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-02-12, 11:56 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "No it doesn't. There is no evidence at..."
Oh for fucks sake... another Bible Basher.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-12, 11:58 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Oh for fucks sake... another Bible..."
Of for fucks sake... another Lenny post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:39 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "No it doesn't. There is no evidence at..."
Look, if the theroy fails what elts could explain the perfect formation of a livable planet called earth.... even science says that if the earth was a little farther from the sun or a little closer it would be uninhabitable..... it would either burn or freeze....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:43 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "Look, if the theroy fails what elts..."
Uh... the Earth was not created for us, rather life on this planet adapted to the conditions. I'd say you should take a few more science based courses before discussing this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-02-12, 02:47 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "Look, if the theroy fails what elts..."
I'd say more, but Grav rather put it into perspective nicely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-02-12, 03:31 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "Look, if the theroy fails what elts..."
Draco said:
Look, if the theroy fails what elts could explain the perfect formation of a livable planet called earth.... even science says that if the earth was a little farther from the sun or a little closer it would be uninhabitable..... it would either burn or freeze....
Your argument is that one theory seems unlikely, and we don't have another one right now, so God must have done it? Are you serious? If that worked, then anytime we had a puzzle that was difficult to solve, we could just declare that God did it.

*We can't find the murder weapon. God must have deleted it!

*Where'd my other sock go? I didn't burn it. God must eaten it!

*Why is it raining outside?
Well, you see, water condenses and rises up into the air. This water forms clouds, and then the clouds release that water back to the ground.

Nahhh. That doesn't sound very likely. God must be doing it.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2007-03-26, 08:47 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "-Evolution is not directly attached to..."
I already addressed this

GravitonSurge in the second post said:
-Just because something is far more intricate than you can understand, and requires probability that you cannot fathom, does not mean it's impossible

I'd say you're mostly talking out of your arse on this one
Everyone that wins the lottery feels beforehand that the odds were impossible

Yet people win every week and animals continue to evolve
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-03-26, 11:34 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I already addressed this ..."
Quote:
6. Human Artifacts throughout the Geologic Column...Man-made artifacts - such as the hammer in Cretaceous rock, a human sandal print with trilobite in Cambrian rock, human footprints and a handprint in Cretaceous rock – point to the fact that all the supposed geologic periods actually occurred at the same time in the recent past.11
Mostly undocumented claims. Even if they aren't, it doesn't prove much. Minerals in a solution can harden around an intruding object over relatively short periods of time.

Quote:
Helium Content in Earth's Atmosphere... Physicist Melvin Cook, Nobel Prize medalist found that helium-4 enters our atmosphere from solar wind and radioactive decay of uranium. At present rates our atmosphere would accumulate current helium-4 amounts in less than 10,000 years.12
Helium is a very light atom, and can reach escape velocity simply through heat.

Quote:
Expansion of Space Fabric...Astronomical estimates of the distance to various galaxies gives conflicting data.13 The Biblical Record refers to the expansion of space by the Creator14. Astrophysicist Russell Humphries demonstrates that such space expansion would dilate time in distant space.15 This could explain a recent creation with great distances to the stars.
Humphrey's theory is erroneous in at least 3 ways. First off, it assumes that we're at the bottom of an enormous gravity well, which contradicts evidence. If this were the case, we would notice blue-shifts rather than red-shifts. Secondly, it is based on the earth's frame of reference. Third, it is a well documented fact that our sun is at least a second-generation star. His theory fails to account for the billions of years before the formation of the earth.

Quote:
Design in Living Systems...A living cell is so awesomely complex that its interdependent components stagger the imagination and defy evolutionary explanations. A minimal cell contains over 60,000 proteins of 100 different configurations.16 The chance of this assemblage occurring by chance is 1 in 10 4,478,296 .17
It doesn't happen by chance. Even if it did, this is an argument based on the incredulity of the author, which is scientifically irrelevant.

Quote:
Design in the Human Brain...The human brain is the most complicated structure in the known universe.18 It contains over 100 billion cells, each with over 50,000 neuron connections to other brain cells.19 This structure receives over 100 million separate signals from the total human body every second. If we learned something new every second of our lives, it would take three million years to exhaust the capacity of the human brain. 20 In addition to conscious thought, people can actually reason, anticipate consequences, and devise plans - all without knowing they are doing so.21
Another argument based on incredulity.

Draco said:
I heard it somewhere...
Ahh. You heard it somewhere. Incredible place to get your scientific facts.

Quote:
What does cloning a human have to do with Lucy... Lucy is clearly a monkey yet people tie it to us...
The point of my paragraph was to grant your argument about dishonesty within the scientific community some credit by giving the example of human cloning but then point out that in this particular case it can not be a factor.

Quote:
Like what?
Such as most of post 115 and 116.

Quote:
If you cant see that, then you have no idea what you are talking about...
A natural chemical reaction by an organism which is encoded into its DNA is generally not termed an adaption.

Quote:
DNA evidence would show some form of connection between everything, I mean we did evolve from the same spot....
IT DOES

Quote:
Well, the major difference between early earth and the experiment is that the spark was continuous in the experiment... I really doubt that lightining would ever do that....
The sparks are not continuous in the experiment, nor do they need to be for a chemical reaction to occur.

Quote:
It would take alot longer than for the sun's light to do anything useful...
Not really. Most endogenic reactions only require heat. The sun provides plenty of heat.

Quote:
I said it with the frog example!
No, you didn't. A population of frogs changing colors is not speciation.

Quote:
They tested radiometric dating, it does not accuratly date...
It does. This is CCB. Common Creationist Bullshit.

Quote:
I would but God finished creation on the seventh day...
Did he die after that? If not, you can still do what I asked.

Quote:
No, that is genetically similar, they are not relatives...
In case you didn't know, relatives are genetically similar.

Quote:
Any mutation is a form of evolution... if the animal survives long enough to mate, it will pass its traits on...
Yes, but bad legs are generally not a mutation, and are not heritable.

Quote:
You just don't like my answers....
Do you even read what you're responding to? You never gave me any answers about the difference between evidence and proof. And you're right. I don't like most of your answers. They're full of CCB.

Quote:
well if there is no missing link there is no transition between anything....
There isn't a perfect fossil record of transition. There is a damn good one though (refer to the John Doe example.). Even if there wasn't, that doesn't mean there wasn't any transition.

Quote:
He was talking about the improbibility of the decaying magnetic field, not the other way around...
According to that paragraph he's asserting that the earth's field is decaying, not that it's improbable.

Quote:
Well... he said that there is sedimentary deposits in places where it just does not flood...
No...he...didn't...

Quote:
Well, sedimentary deposits are found on every continent, but I don't think it floods every where....
I'm fairly sure that it rains everywhere on earth. Furthermore, the earth's environment changes as time progresses.

Quote:
Well, what could have stopped the population growth? Flood? What?
This is a more complicated question than I'm prepared to answer at this time.

Quote:
Granites are formed of an aggregate of crystals which are molded together without any space between them or which enclose one another. No way gas could seep into the rock and stick around...
Actually it can. I'm too lazy to go into details.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-03-28, 10:19 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Mostly undocumented claims. Even if..."
I will get back to you on all of this... I just need to find some time to be able to sit down for atleast an hour and reply.... If it looks like I forgot about it, tell me...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco

Posted 2007-03-28, 06:36 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Mostly undocumented claims. Even if..."
Hey, I found a video about a guy who once believed in evolution but after looking at certain animals he realized they don't fit into the evolutionary process... with this one he was looking at a bug called the bombardier beetle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAFLIPSSU5M

Evolution is so unforgiving, isn't it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Draco

Posted 2007-03-28, 06:45 PM in reply to Draco's post starting "Hey, I found a video about a guy who..."
I just thought your little quip at the end was worthy of an equally irrelevant rebuttal.

What is more unforgiving: a system which lets the weak fall to the wayside, or a system which dooms the vast majority of its population to eternal suffering?

Hmm...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-02-11, 08:58 PM in reply to Draco's post "Evolution is Impossible...."
I would love to argue, but you just ignant plus Grav already said it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2007-02-11, 10:42 PM in reply to Draco's post "Evolution is Impossible...."
lawl... what a moron... or bot?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2007-02-11, 11:44 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "lawl... what a moron... or bot?"
Bot 2.0.

This one forms readable sentences!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-02-12, 12:11 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "lawl... what a moron... or bot?"
Bots don't complain about not being able to register their score for the arcade...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-02-12, 06:07 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Bots don't complain about not being..."
Haha! Maybe it's a clever bot?

---

Just to add one thing to Gravs post in reply to Draco's:

- Matter cannot be destroyed or created, it just changes state. So what does it matter if it is swallowed whole by a Black Hole, or used as fuel by a star? It's still there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny