Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

D2: LOD Install troubles.
Posted 2003-12-15, 05:55 AM
hey, when i try and install Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, my pc reads the cd fine, and i start installing. It says to put in play disc, i do so, then says to put in LOD disc, after it installs a bit off play disc. I do this also, Then after install for a bit the install gets to D2XTALK.MPQ then asks me to insert the LOD cd, when it is already in. The cd is not scratched heavily, and i have found other people with problems simlilar, others exactly the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is an original cd also. Hamish
Mish

Last edited by Mish; 2003-12-15 at 06:03 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mish is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMish is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mish

Posted 2003-12-15, 01:56 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
Have you tried putting in the original d2 cd when it says put in the lod cd. the original cd has the info on it, try that.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-12-15, 02:37 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
That or you're using a badly pirated copy of LOD. Some so-called "pirates" have troubles burning those files, even though they may be on the cd. =\

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-12-15, 02:54 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
Its original copy...
And yeah, i tried putting every other D2 Cd in when it asks for the expansion disc again, no luck
Mish
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mish is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMish is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mish

Posted 2003-12-15, 05:52 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
Have you tried cleaning your disc or cleaning your cd rom?

Where at during the burn process does it lock up at, filewise.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-12-15, 06:40 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
D2XTALK.MPQ
thats the file? is that what you mean?
Mish
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mish

Posted 2003-12-15, 07:39 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
yeah.... Hmm, so you have the origional D2 installed already? Can't you just copy that file file from the CD to the D2 folder?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2003-12-15, 09:12 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
I tried that, and recieved this error message: Cannot copy D2xTalk: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
Mish
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mish

Posted 2003-12-17, 12:36 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
Maybe your CD has corrupted data on it.... If it was dropped or bent or got hot it can corrupt the lines the data is put on and corrupt it.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-03, 10:42 PM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
Samething happened to me just mine stops at D2EXP.MPQ, and I tried copying it to another folder and installing it from there but it also wouldnt let me copy it so i copied all except that file and my dad copied the file from my brothers cd and put it on his webpage for me to download and put in the same folder and it worked but it wont install still and i dont have a cd burner to put the file on a cd and what do u mean by putting the whole d2 lod files from the disc straight into the original d2 folders imean wouldnt that corrupt the files???
Ya know son, there is a time in a boy's life when he's got to take off his slippers and put on a man's shoe. But sometimes the shoe doesn't fit and you can't take it back so you are stuck. Do you understand what I am talking about son?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
OrionDebris is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOrionDebris is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

OrionDebris

Posted 2004-01-04, 12:01 AM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
Make a Virtual Copy.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-04, 03:08 AM in reply to Mish's post "D2: LOD Install troubles."
Well it seems it has copy protection on it. Use Alcohol 120%, it can break protections. Of course you should only use it with something you have paid for

Theres a free trial which should be more than enough for your Diablo copying needs
http://www.alcohol-software.com/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkWave is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkWave is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkWave