Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Question Starcraft 2 Zelaron Guild?
Posted 2008-09-14, 11:39 PM
I figure now is the best time of all, to atleast start to take interest on who all would like to be involved in a Zelaron guild via Starcraft 2.

Now, take into consideration the release date isn't even set (last I checked) but it could be as early as the first quarter in '09 to 2010. Who knows.

Myself and Thanatos had somewhat mentioned the talk of running a guild on Starcraft 2 after it were to release, and that time is coming faster onto us every day we sit around and twiddle our tumbs. Anyways, basically this is just a general interest thread of people that would like to join the guild.

Also, if you would like to throw in suggestions of what you would like to see out of this guild, please mention anything you can think of, all ideas are wanted and everything will be taken into consideration.

We also discussed bringing people outside of Zelaron, personal friends etc that would join, and I'm sure nobody on here would mind. But if you do, feel free to mention that you do, and atleast explain what your beef would be.

Discuss.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-14, 11:59 PM in reply to D3V's post "Starcraft 2 Zelaron Guild?"
www.GamingNewsLink.com said:
Sorry Guys. During Blizzard’s World Wide Invitation (Paris), Rob Pardo, Blizzard’s Game Design EVP said that they we’re only about 1/3rd through polishing the game cinematics and campaign and the best they can give at the end of this year is an impressive presentation on how Starcraft 2 is “NEARLY FINISHED” which simply means - “Starcraft 2 Release Date : Not 2008″

So those who are expecting Starcraft 2 to be released on December 3, 2008 should think of another gift for themselves. Oh and online stores should be adjusting their Starcraft 2 release date schedules for those who pre-ordered.

Dictionary.com said:
Nearly: Almost but not quite.
Just something fun for me to do .

Of this guild, would you guys attempt to climb the ladder? Most of my time spent on StarCraft 1 was in custom maps. A "Guild" isn't needed as much as say, friend(s) for custom map players. Climbing the ladder however would require active people willing to practice so.. What aim are you going for?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-15, 02:53 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Just something fun for me to do ;). ..."
I wouldn't speculate too much on the seriousness of the guild as of yet. It'd mainly just be a collection of friends playing custom maps, I'd imagine. And then it could evolve from that point. It's basically asking if you'd sport our guild tag, or something of that nature.

I guess in '09 we can get more into it, being that it doesn't look like it will be out anytime soon =(

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-15, 02:58 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I wouldn't speculate too much on the..."
I'm sure I'll be looking to play this game competitively since I was such a beast at SC/BW. Maybe I'll suck ass at SC2, who knows, but I'm sure the clan would be just for fun, unless we get ungodly and rape everyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-15, 03:01 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm sure I'll be looking to play this..."
Yep, that's how I look at it. If i'm half as good as I was in regular Starcraft then domination in SC2 will hardly be a problem.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-09-15, 03:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yep, that's how I look at it. If i'm..."
I could occasionally rush with the Protoss, however very few and far between. I was never very good at RTS games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-04-30, 10:21 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I wouldn't speculate too much on the..."
D3V said: [Goto]
It's basically asking if you'd sport our guild tag, or something of that nature.
I don't usually join guilds, and I think in starcraft they're called clans. I would consider doing so just to add to the community, on the condition that the name of the clan wasn't something queer. This includes but is not limited to:

- Anything such as l33t, n00b, or any other names that have numbers in substitution of letters because you think it makes it look cool -- it doesn't
- Any name with the word kill, killers, rapers, really any name that could be described as an action verb that we would actually do to other clans we played. Ya we'll rape them, but that doesn't mean we need it in the clan name
- Any name that is preceded by xX, xx, XxX, xXx, or any other variation of x's, and then also ends with the same
- Any name that has weed, 420, etc in the name. You like weed, that's fine, a lot of people do. It looks stupid in a clan name
- Really that goes equally for any drugs, including alcohol, unless it's made somewhat comedic

Basically make an original and creative clan name that I wouldn't be ashamed to have tagged alongside my name and I wouldn't mind joining.

Something I would expect from the clan is some convenient method to arrange games(something like AIM, but hopefully better), and possibly set playing times(like say every sat @ 8 is clan night).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-04-30, 10:32 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I don't usually join guilds, and I..."
I still think claiming the Zelaron name as a clan name would be straigh. We'd already have a wonderful forum to inform all the clan mates of.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-04-30, 10:33 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I don't usually join guilds, and I..."
xXx420_R8p3rsxXx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-04-30, 10:34 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I still think claiming the Zelaron name..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I still think claiming the Zelaron name as a clan name would be straigh. We'd already have a wonderful forum to inform all the clan mates of.
That's actually a very good idea
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-04-30, 10:39 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "That's actually a very good idea"
S2 AM said: [Goto]
That's actually a very good idea
Another discussion that would need to take place would be the ranking system, or a possible ranking system.

Do we even need one? Is it relevant to have a fun clan to occasionally play starcraft with and possibly maybe even one day setup matches with?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-04-30, 11:29 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "xXx420_R8p3rsxXx"
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
xXx420_R8p3rsxXx
Win. .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-01-20, 11:17 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Win. ."
Anybody still interested in this idea? I think it'd be fun, and i'm sure we still have some good gamers lurking these forums. Could make a good name for this site.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-20, 02:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Anybody still interested in this idea?..."
If only "Zelaron o com" was my gamertag for the 360... I still play Halo 3 pretty much on a day to day basis and I'm becoming quite known on XBL. Not that that's anything to become proud of, I'm just saying it would certainly generate interest in the site.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2010-01-20, 02:53 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "If only "Zelaron o com" was my gamertag..."

No but really, would there be anything at all in Halo 3 that you would allow you to plug this site besides a new gamer tag?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V