Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2007-09-10, 04:32 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I agree, but it does feel backwards for..."
Most Christians are pretty fucking backwards. They claim to have knowledge of the bible yet a large majority of them don't know shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-10, 05:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Christ can suck mah bawls, I want gifts."
Last time I read the bible I got the impression that Christ was born in the summer. I mean who sheperds their flock in the winter? Anyways I always wondered why religious groups objected to anything I think they are just a large gathering of party poopers.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-10, 05:35 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I've actually always wondered why..."
Who knows why. Maybe to celebrate the fact that they were given life and brought into this world from the womb on that day. Maybe it has Pagan roots that were borrowed like a few holidays.

By the way, kyeruu, I'm still waiting for your response.

And what do the rest of you know about Jehovah's Witnesses?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-10, 06:05 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Who knows why. Maybe to celebrate the..."
KagomJack said:
And what do the rest of you know about Jehovah's Witnesses?
I know nothing but my friend is a JW and he knows so much about it that I am surprised he isn't a bishop or something. Anyways I am trying to get him to join and post since he is one of the few religous people I can stand being around because he isn't a zealot.

On that zealot note I think I will try to find my other friend as well he is with another religion but he also knows a lot about it and is not a zealot. His input on some of the religion threads would probably be more than welcomed by mj since he is the only person I know that can stand toe to toe? Or should I say brain to brain? With mj probably.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-10, 06:07 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I know nothing but my friend is a JW..."
I'm always thrown off when I meet JWs who aren't zealots...well...to that note I know none.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-10, 06:18 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I'm always thrown off when I meet JWs..."
You think your surprised?! We had two meeting halls and a whole 4 neigboorhoods full of them and I was about to have a heart attack when I finally learned that he was a JW. Especially since he didn't push any points or even talk about it unless it was brought up. Two years of me not knowing his religion until I asked to accompany him one morning when he and his sister were talking about it.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-10, 06:20 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "You think your surprised?! We had two..."
Heh. I'm sure that, much like Christianity, there are very lax groups of JWs. But a lot of them, however, aren't. You should ask about disfellowshipping.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:57 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Who knows why. Maybe to celebrate the..."
My only experience with a JW was a kid in my homeroom in highschool. He stood with his back to the flag each morning during the pledge. Aside from that, he seemed like your average disaffected teenage fuckup.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:58 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "My only experience with a JW was a kid..."
I'd prefer Jehovah's Witnesses to Mormons, though. At least Jehovah's Witnesses won't take blood transfusions so they just die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:11 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'd prefer Jehovah's Witnesses to..."
"JW's" are bible thumpers like the rest of religions, except they have "Watchtower" their weekly reading of bullshit. My cousins are JW's, I don't believe any of their shit.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:38 AM in reply to D3V's post starting ""JW's" are bible thumpers like the rest..."
We get that through the door every month. It's not even of a fire-lighting quality.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-11, 01:25 PM in reply to D3V's post starting ""JW's" are bible thumpers like the rest..."
I think the one thing I dislike the most about JWs is the disfellowshipping. It's just horrible to do that to people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-11, 02:46 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "We get that through the door every..."
Lenny said:
We get that through the door every month. It's not even of a fire-lighting quality.
We used to get relentlessly harassed by the same Caravan of this same fucking family about 3-4 years ago, and finally me and my brother got sick of it one day when these asshats interrupted us watching the jaguars game so I told them to get the fuck off of our property, and they said that we need to accept their religion and a bunch of other bullshit, and my brother walks behind me and we get ready to get them off of our property forcefully and they start to leave,.. and as they're walking back I reach back inside and grab one of those grill lighters and light the watch tower catch after a few seconds, and yelled "YEAH WATCH THIS TOWER, LMAO!!"

It was pretty awesome, they drove away in horror, and never had them coming to our door anymore

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-11, 06:20 PM in reply to D3V's post starting ":grin: We used to get relentlessly..."
Most scholars agree that Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25th =P. It's a bastardization of a pagan festival if I remember right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-11, 06:45 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Most scholars agree that Jesus wasn't..."
Willkillforfood said:
Most scholars agree that Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25th =P. It's a bastardization of a pagan festival if I remember right.
Yes, that is correct.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-11, 07:03 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Most scholars agree that Jesus wasn't..."
I thought it was about a man who defied the dutch berghers but okay pagan it is!

FYI I never even stood or looked at the flag when they did the pledge.

Reasons.

A: I will not resort to nationalism no matter what word they dress it up with.
B: I will not pledge my loyalty to anyone who does not in turn pledge theirs to me. Make a pledge to me and recite it every time I recite yours and you got a deal.
C: It is a complete waste of time. I can see doing it once in your lifetime but everyday is too excessive.
D: I do not believe that even if there were some supreme power out there that it would support only one country, and the most fucked up country at that.
E: I didn't believe a word in that crap was true. Brave, justice, free? I don't think so. Not american qualities. In fact white people have finally started oppressing other white people. Maybe they could add land of the oppressive instead?

Those were my reasons. I wouldn't mind doing the pledge if my conditions were met though...
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-11, 07:09 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I thought it was about a man who defied..."
You need to go serve in the military. I may take things for granted but not nearly as much as you =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-11, 07:15 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "You need to go serve in the military. ..."
I did serve in the military. In fact I was even in other countries and have friends who serve in those countries. Israel, Germany, England, China, and Japan.

Not one of them believes in nationalism and those stories about China are like 30 years old. They are hunting down the reamining Redguard as we speak. They even have foresting going on now to get rid of those sandstorms.

Oh yes I forgot to add...even though I served I didn't come back crazy or upset I joined knowing it was a situation called "You or him". Also I am not some wuss that cries about things that is part of my mental disability and the only reason why I got so far with the army. They knew killing people was not hard for me. Too bad I barely got to shoot anyone it was already over by the time I got there almost every time because those blasted snipers almost always kill them first.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?

Last edited by hotdog; 2007-09-11 at 07:18 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:44 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I did serve in the military. In fact I..."
ok ok whoa whoa! For a simple thing, lenny, d3v, and anyone who thinks we Jw suck, why are you treating us JW that way? if your mad cause we wake you up in th emorning then tell us not to come in the morning we'll coem in the after noon, and if youdont' like it when we talk to you tell us not to come back! we;ll just skip your house for like 3-5 months or so, and if a JW comes by it'll be by accident apologize and leave!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:46 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "ok ok whoa whoa! For a simple thing,..."
as for kagom, i'll answer a few things, with info from the original JW website

When did Jehovah's Witnesses have their modern-day start? (1)
How are meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses conducted? (2)
How are expenses cared for? (3)
Who takes the lead in each congregation? (4)
What larger meetings are held each year? (5)
What work is done at their headquarters and branch offices? (6)

1. Jehovah's Witnesses had their modern-day start in the 1870's. At first, they were called Bible Students. But in 1931 they adopted the Scriptural name Jehovah's Witnesses. (Isaiah 43:10) From small beginnings the organization has grown to millions of Witnesses, who are busy preaching in more than 230 lands.

2. Most congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses have meetings three times each week. You are invited to attend any of these. (Hebrews 10:24, 25) The Bible is the basis for what is taught. Meetings are opened and closed with prayer. Heartfelt "spiritual songs" are also sung at most meetings. (Ephesians 5:18, 19) Admission is free, and no collections are taken.—Matthew 10:8.

3. Most congregations hold meetings in a Kingdom Hall. These are usually simple structures built by Witness volunteers. You will not see any images, crucifixes, or things like these at the Kingdom Hall. Expenses are paid for by voluntary donations. For those who wish to make a donation, there is a contribution box.—2 Corinthians 9:7.

4. In each congregation, there are elders, or overseers. They take the lead in teaching in the congregation. (1 Timothy 3:1-7; 5:17) They are assisted by ministerial servants. (1 Timothy 3:8-10, 12, 13) These men are not elevated above the rest of the congregation. (2 Corinthians 1:24) They are not given special titles. (Matthew 23:8-10) They do not dress differently from others. Neither are they paid for their work. The elders willingly look after the spiritual needs of the congregation. They can provide comfort and guidance in times of trouble.—James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 5:2, 3.

5. Jehovah's Witnesses also hold large assemblies or conventions each year. At these times many congregations come together for a special program of Bible instruction. Baptism of new disciples is a regular part of each assembly or convention program.—Matthew 3:13-17; 28:19, 20.

6. The world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses is in New York. Located there is the Governing Body, a central group of experienced elders who oversee the worldwide congregation. There are also over 100 branch offices around the world. At these locations, volunteers help to print and ship Bible literature.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu