Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Latest Theories
Posted 2008-06-26, 10:35 AM
The 4th splash screen was released today. The latest "word" in the CSS source was "Cold" with the number 16. This means that so far we have:

Tundra - 04
Cavern - 15
Icy - 23
Cold - 16

People have pointed out that the numbers no longer seem to translate into letters in the alphabet as originally suspected. However, they do seem to correspond to the "Valenzetti Equation" from Lost. The numbers from Lost are 04, 08, 15, 16, 23, and 42. This would make sense, since there are 2 more "word/number" combos left to come. Also, the number 42 further supports the theory that the numbers do not correspond to letters in the alphabet, since there aren't 42 letters in the alphabet.

Someone did discover that there might be a relation between the words and the numbers, however. They suggest that, using the number given, you can determine what letters you get from each word. See below.
Code:
T U N D R A
0 1 2 3 4 5 

04 means that we get the letters T and R

C A V E R N
0 1 2 3 4 5

15 means that we get the letters A and N

I C Y
0 1 2
3 4 5

23 means that we get the letters Y and I

C O L D
0 1 2 3
4 5 6 7

16 means that we get the letters O and L
All together, this gives us the letters TRANYIOL. We should have 4 more letters coming.

A few people have pointed out that, with these letters, and 4 more unknown letters coming, you can spell out:

TYRA_L I_ _ON_

It could be a number of other things, however, and until we know the last 4 letters, it will be hard to determine what they are supposed to spell out (if anything.)

Now, there is also the issue of the new "eyes" in the middle of the splash screen. Some people say they aren't eyes at all, just stuff. However, some people have pointed out that they directly correspond to the eyes on the cover of Diablo 2. Also, some people have pointed out that they look very similar to the eyes of the Lich King.

One more thing. The newest rune seems to be somewhat unknown as of right now. However, the placement of the rune goes along with the idea that the runes will be released in the shape of a pentagram. There is only one more rune to be placed, and it is suspected that it will be near the top of the picture to complete the "pentagram" shape.

That's all I've got for now. If anyone figures out anything new, I'll let you guys know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-26, 01:42 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Latest Theories"
I think we need to move this DIII to the conspiracy forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-26, 02:38 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I think we need to move this DIII to..."
and that in a pentgram theres 4 sides the last for letters in the thing
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-06-26, 02:47 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "and that in a pentgram theres 4 sides..."
What? A pentagram has five sides. Dude, you need to be more coherent when you post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-06-26, 10:32 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "and that in a pentgram theres 4 sides..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
and that in a pentgram theres 4 sides the last for letters in the thing
There isn't enough alcohol in the world for me to figure this one out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-27, 03:00 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "There isn't enough alcohol in the world..."
LOL! 4 sided Pentagram ahahahaha. Thank you, Jamer, for giving me the laugh for today.

Yay for a Quadragram!

Prefixes:

1 = un/uni
2 = bi
3 = tri
4 = qua/quad/quadr
5 = pent/penta
6 = Hex
7 = hept/sept
8 = oct/octo/octa
9 = non
10 = dec/deca/deci

Many = Poly (I was diagnosed with Polysubstance abuse)

Now, write those down, remember them, and go kick some ass in basic algebra!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-27, 04:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Latest Theories"
lol hay, look what I found.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faithv23tk1wk8.jpg (81.9 KB, 9 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-27, 05:33 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "lol hay, look what I found."
Obviously fake. The main image doesn't change at all between the frames.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-06-27, 05:42 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Obviously fake. The main image doesn't..."
The news isn't really conclusive at all :/.

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2008-06-27 at 05:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-27, 07:33 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "The news isn't really conclusive at all..."
Where'd you find that Voll?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-27, 07:42 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Where'd you find that Voll?"
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Where'd you find that Voll?
Posted on my WoW guild site by a friend in the industry. Could be fake, he won't tell me where it came from, and he's a bit of a joker, but he's got connections at Blizzard. /shrug
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-27, 07:48 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Posted on my WoW guild site by a friend..."
It's been posted at a lot of places (in a lot larger resolution.) Confirmed fan-art.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-27, 07:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's been posted at a lot of places (in..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
It's been posted at a lot of places (in a lot larger resolution.) Confirmed fan-art.
I wasn't too hopeful (he takes his NDAs very seriously), but I figured it'd draw some interest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:02 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I wasn't too hopeful (he takes his NDAs..."
Most certainly

Basically what it all comes down to is that there's no hard evidence of anything, really. It's all ended up as speculation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:10 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Latest Theories"
Just going off the words and the pictures I'm guessing it's something to do with WotLK, but it's just as likely that it's all in there for people to make just that assumption.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:17 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Just going off the words and the..."
I thought it was confirmed that a new game was being unveiled at the WWI? We already know WotLK is coming (hell, we already know what the current build's talent trees, new skills, and everything are).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:30 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I thought it was confirmed that a new..."
Vollstrecker said: [Goto]
I thought it was confirmed that a new game was being unveiled at the WWI? We already know WotLK is coming (hell, we already know what the current build's talent trees, new skills, and everything are).
True, and as I said, it's just the logical assumption. I'm also noticing the letters are rather closing to spitting out Turalyon. Perhaps another, shorter word would be before or after? *shrug*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:31 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I thought it was confirmed that a new..."
My guess is that the WotLK is just a curveball thrown out my blizzard. We'll find out tomorrow. Anyone know when the announcement will be in US time?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:37 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "My guess is that the WotLK is just a..."
HandOfHeaven said: [Goto]
My guess is that the WotLK is just a curveball thrown out my blizzard. We'll find out tomorrow. Anyone know when the announcement will be in US time?
See new thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!