Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question Which Normal Sets are worth trying on low level characters?
Posted 2004-04-30, 11:35 AM
Lately I have saving all those crappy low lvl set items I come across. For higher lvl characters most of these normal sets suck ass, but there are a few items that are viable for mid and possibly high lvl characters. For example any melee character in need of higher Attack Rating can throw on an Angelic Amulet and Ring or 2 in some cases almost doubling their chance to hit. When I started 1.10 and didn’t yet have a Raven Frost, I used Deaths gloves and Belt. That combo has to be my personal favorite as far as set bonuses in combination with individual set item bonuses goes.

Rate your top 5 normal sets for low-level characters. Which sets have you tried on a low lvl character and how did it work out? I am trying to decide which I am going to just skip over and not collect and which I want to eventually try for myself.

Normal Sets
Angelic Raiment
Arcanna's Tricks - Sorceress Set
Arctic Gear - Amazon Set
Berserker's Arsenal - Barbarian Set
Cathan's Traps - Sorceress Set
Civerb's Vestments
Cleglaw's Brace
Death's Disguise
Hsarus' Defense
Infernal Tools - Necromancer Set
Iratha's Finery
Isenhart's Armory
Milabrega's Regalia - Paladin Set
Sigon's Complete Steel
Tancred's Battlegear
Vidala's Rig - Amazon Set
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-04-30, 12:57 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post "Which Normal Sets are worth trying on..."
Milabrega's Regalia is a decent set for the starting pally I guess, I used it for a while and it was decent.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-04-30, 01:33 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Milabrega's Regalia is a decent set for..."
Death, Berserker, Infernal, Angelic and Sigon.

Death is good... great, in fact.

Berserker is okay till Act 2... the damage is too low, and the bonuses is just gravy.

Infernal is alright for a necro, but can get much better when he hits higher level. Easily.

Angelic set I once used on a druid... elemental druid. It was pretty nice. (because I don't go melee) Angelic Wing is a great ammy with the bonuses.

Sigon I once used till nightmare act 5 with a paladin.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2004-04-30, 06:20 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post "Which Normal Sets are worth trying on..."
In this order:
  1. Death's Set (Most most anything)
  2. Vidala's Set (Great for newbie zons!)
  3. Sigon's Set (Not too bad)
  4. Infernal Set (Good for newbie Necros)
  5. Cathan's Set (Gives your newbie Sorc some melee damage and a decent amount of +mana)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-01, 12:26 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "In this order: Death's Set (Most..."
I have been thinking of trying Vidala's. I'm gonna give that a try first. Then maybe Infernal Set. Thanks for the input.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-05-01, 11:14 AM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "I have been thinking of trying..."
the only set i bother with is sigons...ill use that with any character i make...every character you make will always have 75+ str so its all good and you can use it for a while till you get ur other gear on if im not mistaken it has duel leach which helps alot...used it on my barb till i could equip the full ik set...which was into hell baal
Mommy Said The End Is Near

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BornOblivious is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBornOblivious is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BornOblivious

Posted 2004-05-01, 11:21 AM in reply to BornOblivious's post starting "the only set i bother with is..."
It only has life leech. No dual leech.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker