Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Itchy/Tasty
Posted 2005-08-07, 08:15 PM
My band's newest song. Lyrics by myself. Enjoy.

"Itchy/Tasty"

Oh God!
Why is there bacon on this sandwich?!
Nobody takes pictures of goats anymore.
I wash my hands with boxes of bleach.
Moss doesn't grow on the southside of trees because property values are so low!

Honey, are you cooking diapers?
Honey, those had better be low-carb.
Honey, does it annoy you that I keep calling you HONEY?!
I think I'll take a bath with the dogs.

My uterus!
Strawberry Shortcake bakes cakes and does the nasty for money.
Tamarind-flavored candy is scraped from Satan's taintstrip.
What are you gonna do next? THE CALCUTTA?
It is actually HURTING MY BRAIN to sing this song.

Crab-based pants are just too itchy.
Pant-based crabs are so damned tasty.

Itchy, tasty, itchy, tasty, itchy, tasty, itchy, tasty.

Y-O-R!
Muddy Bears!
Worms.

Last edited by Raziel; 2005-08-11 at 12:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-07, 09:22 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Itchy/Tasty"
I'd really like to hear the actual song. The lyrics are so um, abstract its hard to envision the music.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-08, 04:03 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I'd really like to hear the actual..."
It's hard to sing. I didn't write this with any tempo or pacing in mind, I just wrote down a bunch of nonsense. Trying to force a rythm out of gobbledygook is a lot tougher than you'd think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-08, 04:07 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It's hard to sing. I didn't write this..."
You could try it in a walzty type of style, or a quick 6/8. If all else fails try some kind of obscure compound time.

There's an obscure compound time that works for everything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-08, 08:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You could try it in a walzty type of..."
I swear that sounds like SoaD lyrics.

And by that I mean the complete insanity of it all... I love SoaD...

Keep up the kickassness!

PS: SoaD is System of a Down to all you losers... and British people too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2005-08-08, 01:01 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I swear that sounds like SoaD lyrics. ..."
We've got SoaD over here. I know what it means, don't worry...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-08, 06:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "We've got SoaD over here. I know what..."
Everybody is pretty much aware of who SoaD is. They're not an underground band by any means.

Lenny said:
You could try it in a walzty type of style, or a quick 6/8. If all else fails try some kind of obscure compound time.

There's an obscure compound time that works for everything.
Oh no, we've already got the song down. I found the rythm, it was just extremely difficult. It's tough to remember too, so I have to be constantly running the song through my head to get the pacing memorized.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-09, 12:50 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Itchy/Tasty"
I don't really like it, honestly. Then again I don't like any of the music you like, so my input isn't ... helpful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-08-09, 05:45 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Everybody is pretty much aware of who..."
Ah, OK.

Out of interest what is the rhythm that goes with this? I'd be quite interested to hear it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-09, 12:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ah, OK. Out of interest what is the..."
I honestly don't know. It's a fairly basic beat, it just requires me to structure the words in a particularly strange way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-09, 12:25 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I honestly don't know. It's a fairly..."
Now that'll be something to hear...have you got a recording of it anywhere? If not, how long before we can hear it do you think?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-09, 12:29 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I don't really like it, honestly. Then..."
I'm gonna have to agree with Grav here. That made 0 sense to me. It lacks something...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-08-10, 01:06 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm gonna have to agree with Grav here...."
It's not supposed to make sense. That's the whole point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-10, 01:41 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Itchy/Tasty"
Raziel said:
I wash my hands with boxes of bleach.
The Machinist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-11, 12:34 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "The Machinist."
Correct. Actually, all but the lines "Nobody takes pictures of goats anymore", and "Moss doesn't grow..." are references to something else in some fashion. I've been considering replacing those two lines so that the whole song is one big inside reference. The only problem is that I really like the "moss" line, and I don't want to get rid of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-12, 03:41 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Correct. Actually, all but the lines..."
I take pictures of goats still...but then again I do have two goats...so...what exactly are the different references?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-12, 05:40 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I take pictures of goats still...but..."
Inside jokes, mostly. The only ones that would be generally-recognized references would be the Machinist reference and the "Honey, are you cooking diapers?" line. That one comes from the Brak Show, on Adult Swim.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-08-12, 06:20 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Itchy/Tasty"
Weirdest fucking lyrics ever. Yet strangely interesting. I definitly want to hear what that sounds like.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-08-13, 09:10 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Weirdest fucking lyrics ever. Yet..."
Well, this is just weird as fuck. Oh well. I'm sure when I can hear it actually, it'll be as good as Placenta Erotica.

Your ideas on songs seem to have...gone a bit more comical or perhaps, bizarre. I dunno.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrant-Id is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTyrant-Id is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tyrant-Id

Posted 2005-08-14, 09:59 PM in reply to Tyrant-Id's post starting "Well, this is just weird as fuck. Oh..."
Placenta Erotica is no longer named that. The title is "Dischordia" now.

And yeah, my song ideas have been getting weirder as of late. It's just the stuff I'm interested in writing these days. I'm not into penning songs about hate, angst, sadness, etc. I prefer to write about stuff that interests me, and if a stripper giving birth on stage tickles my fancy, then dammit, a song is getting written about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel