Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

HTML IP Log
Posted 2005-06-13, 11:16 AM
On my site is a guestbook. It is set to send whatever is submitted to a custom thingy.

Every single day I have to log on to Freeservers and delete loads of crap that (I suspect) one person kleeps on submitting.

I was wondering if it would be possible to log their IP somehow, see if it is the same person, and if it is then somehow stop them viewing my site. I don't know if it will work but, heh, you can't blame me for trying.

If it is possible to create an IP log then I would like to know how...hopefully to send the IP address to an email address of mine (as well as showing it on the guestbook).

If it's not possible then what other things can I do to stop them signing the guestbook?? It seems that they submit every couple of seconds or so in a certain time period, so I'm suspecting it may be some kind of bot.

Any ideas??

Here's the code for the guestbook btw, it's a standard freeservers one:

Code:
<table border=0 cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0 width="600">
<tr><td align=right width="238">Your name...</td><td width="372">
<input type=text size=40 name=guest_name value='' maxlength=999></td></tr>
<tr><td align=right width="238">Your e-mail address...</td><td width="372">
<input type=text size=40 name=guest_email value='' maxlength=999></td></tr>
<tr><td align=right width="238">Your site address...</td><td width="372">
<input type=text size=40 name=guest_URL value='http://' maxlength=999></td></tr>
<tr><td valign=top align=right width="238">Any Comments???</td><td width="372">
<textarea name=guest_comments rows=10 cols=44 wrap=virtual></textarea></td></tr>
<tr><td align=right width="238">So...</td><td width="372">
<input type=text size=40 name=guest_opt1 value='' maxlength=999></td></tr>
<tr><td align=right width="238">What are your views on...things???</td>
<td width="372">
<input type=text size=40 name=guest_opt2 value='' maxlength=999></td></tr>
<tr><td align=right width="238">Do you, or have you ever owned a dead duck-billed platypus named Boris???</td>
<td width="372">
<input type=text size=40 name=guest_opt3 value='' maxlength=999></td></tr>
<tr><td width="238"> </td><td width="372"><input type=submit value='Submit My Information'><input type=reset value=Clear><a href="<A href="http://Home.htm"><input">http://Home.htm"><input type='button' value='Home Page' onClick=location.href='http://lennylendrum.freeservers.com'></a></td></tr>
</table></form>
</font></span></td>
</tr>
</table>

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-06-13 at 11:34 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-13, 12:04 PM in reply to Lenny's post "HTML IP Log"
Well, the IP detection would be done server side, so that's the part we'd need details on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-06-13, 12:07 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, the IP detection would be done..."
Right...that would be done by freeservers yah??

Hmmm...I wonder...

My feedback form is set up to send anything submitted to my email address. ONe of the things it sends is the submitters IP address...would it be possible to incorporate that into my guestbook in any way rather than have to get the information off the server side??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-13, 12:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Right...that would be done by..."
If you don't control the code for the guest book, I doubt it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-06-14, 12:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If you don't control the code for the..."
Hmmm...

First I think I'd like to congratulate who I suspect to be D3V for signing my guestbook:

Quote:
Name: WHITE SUPREMACIST
Email: ahitler@nazi.com
HomePage: www.b0g.org
Comments: I would like to compliment you on doing the worse possible job that you , possibly could. This site is worse than any shit stain, or premature baby. You need to abort this bitch immideately and turn the gun on yourself. XD J/k It's sexy!
So... Yeah
What are your views on...things??? I don't like people named lenny.
Do you, or have you ever owned a dead duck-billed platypus named Boris??? No, but I have a pet nigger.
June 13, 2005 17:41:32 (GMT Time)
and

Quote:
Name: SELF HATING NIGGER
Email: N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I G G G G G G G G GG G G GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG@ JEWASSKYKESPICKFUCKING AKBALLA NIGGER N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I G G G G G G G G GG G G GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG@ JEWASSKYKESPICKFUCKING AKBALLA NIGGER N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I G G G G G G G G GG G G GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG@ JEWASSKYKESPICKFUCKING AKBALLA NIGGER N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I G G G G G G G G GG G G GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG@ JEWASSKYKESPICKFUCKING AKBALLA NI@ Dumbass .com
HomePage: http://
Comments: Screw you lenny. Zelaron forever~!!!
So... go
What are your views on...things??? fuck
Do you, or have you ever owned a dead duck-billed platypus named Boris??? yourself
June 13, 2005 17:44:09 (GMT Time)
...hmmm...

So you think there's no way of modifying the code?? Hmmm...

I'll try the Frontpage Guestbooks then...I'll work out how to get them to work...

Thanks anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny