Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Nader is Running for President
Posted 2008-02-24, 09:04 PM
Our worst fears have been realized. We finally have a chance to boot the Republicans out of the White House, and now Ralf Nader has announced his insane plans to do whatever he can to make sure that a Democrat does not take that position.

Nader announced his quixotic and potentially destructive plan, in which he will abuse his name recognition, manipulating legions of mindless, moronic Nader-Simps, and get his jollies telling us all how much the system is broken while he single handedly guarantees eight more years of economic strife and bloody warfare ... in a Sunday interview on Meet the Press.

Democrats: Pick the republican you hate least and start working for that candidate, because you don't get to have a Democrat in the White House. Thanks to Ralf.

Nader, who clearly intends to ruin everything, claims that Americans are disenchanted with the Democratic and Republican parties. Apparently he has not noticed the throngs of Democrats and Independents, as well as numerous Republicans, swarming the Democratic Primaries and Caucasus. Clearly, he has no clue. But he does have a huge, overblown ego and a very loose grip on reality.

In the same interview, Nader denied that he is a spoiler candidate. Since he is a spoiler candidate, this should cause us to question his intelligence, or his grasp of what is going on in the world around us.

Barack Obama's reaction:

Quote:
"He thought that there was no difference between Al Gore and George Bush and eight years later I think people realise that Ralph did not know what he was talking about"
Hillary Clinton's Reaction:

Quote:
"I remember when he did this before, it didn't turn out too well, for anyone, especially our country, ... I hope it's kind of a just a passing fancy that people won't take too seriously."
Huckabee's reaction:

Quote:
"I think it always would probably pull votes away from the Democrats, not the Republicans, so naturally Republicans would welcome his entry into the race and hope that maybe a few more will join in"
Are you getting this? When Nader put Bush in the White House eight years ago, he had about double the number of votes than the difference between Gore and Bush. You will remember that that was the year that Bush was elected by the electoral college despite a popular majority for Gore. Had Nader not been in play, there is no doubt that Bush would not have won.

Here's a web site giving the updated body count in Iraq. These are deaths that must be attributed to Nader, in the very same way that Nader saved lives with his earlier crusade against the auto industry. I hope he is keeping count.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-02-24, 09:33 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Nader is Running for President"
I'm wondering if the Repub. handlers are pulling out all their tricks on this one seeing how strong Obama is now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-02-25, 05:57 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm wondering if the Repub. handlers..."
The only votes that Nader would steal are from the uneducated Hillary supporters, As a Barack fan myself, I'm not too worried about it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-25, 07:28 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "The only votes that Nader would steal..."
You do realize that only one democrat will be running for office after the primaries, right? That the whole point is to prevent the vote from being spread among multiple canidates? That those "uneducated Hillary supporters" were expected to back whoever wins the primaries?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-02-25, 07:41 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You do realize that only one democrat..."
Quote:
were expected to back whoever wins the primaries
I'd expect them backing Barack before they'd back Ralph Nader.

And even so, Barack doesn't need all of those ex-Hillary voters, he's got plenty of Independants and Republicans crossing the aisle to come vote for him, it's not like Ralph Nader is even a threat at this point, it's just a publiblicity stunt to try and garner some votes for whatever reason.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-25, 10:40 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd expect them backing Barack before..."
I still think it's very possible Barack could win even with Nader out there. Just look at how many people are voting in democratic primaries as opposed to Republican ones. I'm not sure if enough Republicans exist to shut down that kind of trend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-02-25, 10:42 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I still think it's very possible Barack..."
For the love of country I hope you guys are right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-02-25, 11:12 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "For the love of country I hope you guys..."
Willkill is right, look at all of the primaries. I think every contest there has been 2x as many Democrat voters as there have been Republicans, that's an easy statistic to put together, and Barack is still the frontrunner in the Dem race, simple as that. Check and Mate.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-02-25, 01:48 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "For the love of country I hope you guys..."
Barack should be good if he doesn't have any big skeletons in his closet to the gap. Partially democratic turn-outs have been inflated by states where you don't have to be a democrat to vote in the primaries, but still if these numbers persist a 3% steal by nader won't mean shit >: D.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood