Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Switching views away from hero
Posted 2007-03-15, 01:41 PM
I was just wondering if there is a way to switch the view in the game away from the hero. Specifically what is happening in my game is that you come out of a cave and it immediatly switches over to the river and shows a boat leaving port and heading up stream, when the boat is gone it switches back to the hero. I think I could do this, but I'd have to switch the hero's sprite to a boat and make a seperate chipset where water is walk-onable(is that a word?) Is there any way to just switch views?

Edit: One more thing, Is there a way to make a monster flee from battle? (You attack three bandits, one flees and gets on the boat and floats upstream.)
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-03-15, 02:52 PM in reply to Slyvr's post "Switching views away from hero"
Slyvr said:
I was just wondering if there is a way to switch the view in the game away from the hero. Specifically what is happening in my game is that you come out of a cave and it immediatly switches over to the river and shows a boat leaving port and heading up stream, when the boat is gone it switches back to the hero. I think I could do this, but I'd have to switch the hero's sprite to a boat and make a seperate chipset where water is walk-onable(is that a word?) Is there any way to just switch views?

Edit: One more thing, Is there a way to make a monster flee from battle? (You attack three bandits, one flees and gets on the boat and floats upstream.)
You can just use the Pan Camera command for 'switching views' - just play with it to get the effect that you want.

There is a "Force Flee" battle event command, which you can use whenever you want (maybe activated via a switch when a monster dies, or on turn 0, or whatever you want, really).
...Or you can use a Escape monster behavior which has priority 100 and activates in the same manner, but that would require the bandits to be unique monsters in the array. Not as useful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2007-03-18, 02:47 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "You can just use the Pan Camera command..."
I tried the force flee thing but it doesn't work. On turn 1 I have it so they start talking and after they talk the bandit is supposed to flee. What is messing up on it?

...I just changed the hero sprite to a boat and made a copied map but with walk-onable water for my first problem...I'll have to check out the pan camera later. I've never seen that anywhere...is it an event?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-03-18, 03:04 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "I tried the force flee thing but it..."
Can't remember which one you're using. So, for panning the camera:

RM2K3 - Pan Screen, pg3
RMXP - Move Map, pg2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-18, 07:17 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "I tried the force flee thing but it..."
Slyvr said:
I tried the force flee thing but it doesn't work. On turn 1 I have it so they start talking and after they talk the bandit is supposed to flee. What is messing up on it?

...I just changed the hero sprite to a boat and made a copied map but with walk-onable water for my first problem...I'll have to check out the pan camera later. I've never seen that anywhere...is it an event?
Can't tell you what's wrong, at all, without seeing the code. But for something so simple, it's only two lines, really - from the M. Groups tab, pick the enemy formation you're using. Set the trigger to "Turns elapsed 0x + 0" so everything in the script happens before any moves at all are made. Then just use a Message and a Force Flee on the monster in question.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2007-03-22, 05:21 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Can't tell you what's wrong, at all,..."
Oh...I think it's set to the first turn not turn 0...is that it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr

Posted 2007-03-22, 07:56 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Oh...I think it's set to the first turn..."
Slyvr said:
Oh...I think it's set to the first turn not turn 0...is that it?
It should still have the guy run away, just after someone makes the first move. But again, I can't help any without knowing what the code is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2007-03-23, 05:08 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "It should still have the guy run away,..."
Well, it's on my other computer that doesn't have internet. It's too much of a hastle so, nevermind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Slyvr