Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Greatest Week 17 in NFL History?
Posted 2008-12-29, 06:06 AM
Well, yesterday surmounted to the greatest week 17 in my lifetime, and potentially for the next 50+ years of my life. Obviously, it was great for me personally because everything fell into place and the Eagles actually got into the playoffs (HOLY SHIT!), but there was just so much action, and SO much on the line for so many teams yesterday, that it may very well go down as the greatest Week 17 in NFL history.

Against all the odds, against all the scrutiny, and against everything logical, the improbable happened. All the Eagles needed to happen was the following:

1. Tampa Bay MUST lose to Oakland - YIKES!
2. Minnesota or Chicago must lose to the Giants or Texans, respectively - Not too difficult, unless the Giants aren't playing all their starters (which they smartly decided not to), and the Texans don't care because they've been out of the picture for weeks now.
3. Philly must beat a very good Dallas Cowboys team.

So what transpired?

Oakland, a 4-11 team traveled cross-country to a reeling 9-6 Bucaneers desperate for a win to get into the playoffs, and STUNNED them 31-24. Improbable just happened.

Minnesota converted a clutch 50 yard FG with time expiring to beat the Giants, which should've been the Eagles best chances for one of the two teams to lose. So ouch, that didn't help.

Houston rallied back after going down 10-0, quickly, to take out Chicago 31-24. The Bears attempted an onside kick to try and salvage their season, but the Texans recovered and ran out the clock. BOOM! Suddenly, the most improbable or improbables happened, and the Eagles, seemingly once again, controlled their own destiny.

All we needed to do now was take out a hungry, very highly hyped Cowboys team. So what did we do? How did we react? Our defense came out and played dominant football. I guess it doesn't hurt when as a team you put up 44 points either! Haha, a 44-6 ROUTE of the Cowgirls, and the Eagles are in the playoff picture!

Fly, Eagles fly! On the road to Victory!
Fight, Eagles fight! Score a touchdown, 1-2-3!
Hit 'em low!
Hit 'em high!
And watch our Eagles fly!
Fly, Eagles fly! On the road to Victory!
E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-12-29, 06:40 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Greatest Week 17 in NFL History?"
It was a pretty fun week to watch the NFL. The Chargers game last night I figured would be closer, lol, NOT the case. Or even the Jags, guess #8 pick in the draft next year is fine.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-29, 08:48 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Greatest Week 17 in NFL History?"
The Eagles have their own fight song? lol fag.

I'm glad you guys beat the Cowboys, I can't stand them. They're probably my 2nd most hated team after the Patriots. Fuck TO, Fuck Romo, Fuck Jerry Jones, fuck Pacman; horrible organization in general. I'm still pulling for a Colts/Giants superbowl though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-29, 10:42 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "The Eagles have their own fight song?..."
Nah, fuck that! You gotta pull for a Colts/Eagles Super Bowl now!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-12-29, 11:03 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Nah, fuck that! You gotta pull for a..."
I'm not even rooting for them in the Wildcard game.

Adrian Peterson gonna run all over you guys
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-29, 11:42 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm not even rooting for them in the..."
Yeah for real, Philly and the Colts both are gonna get stomped.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-29, 12:21 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah for real, Philly and the Colts..."
I think the Vikings may just have a chance if AP can hold on to the ball and Jackson stays steady.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-12-29, 12:59 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah for real, Philly and the Colts..."
You wish. Chargers gonna get that ass waxed. Although, I really dislike how an garbage 8-8 team sneaks in to the playoffs and ends up HOSTING a game vs a 12-4 team. Does that make sense?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-29, 01:13 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "You wish. Chargers gonna get that ass..."
It does, because they won their division.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-29, 02:01 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It does, because they won their..."
derrr I know they won their division. I'm saying the way the playoffs bracket is set up is majorly flawed. They're in an incredibly shitty division and have a record of 8-8.. wow. What an accomplishment. It should be the 6 teams with the best record, regardless of division.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-29, 02:13 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "derrr I know they won their division...."
This system is still 100000000000000000x better than the college system.

The only big deal here is where the game is going to be hosted, if you are a decent team better than most of the rest, you get a shot to go all the way. With College it depends on points, different scales, what the coaches think, dramatic effect.. all sorts of stupid bullshit and at the end of the day, an undefeated team can still only be ranked like 10th-15th depending on their division and such.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-29, 02:59 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "This system is still..."
Any takers on Loser tags, etc. for this upcoming game?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2008-12-29, 03:05 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Any takers on Loser tags, etc. for this..."
I still never got mine from the last game, so SURE!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V