Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

NFL - Mainly Eagles - Rant
Posted 2008-11-24, 05:44 AM
For anyone that watches football, you know that the Eagles up and decided to bench Donovan McNabb after the halftime of the Baltimore game. What a fucking disaster..... Not only did Kevin Kolb have an equally bad outing as McNabb had in the first half, it was significantly worse because he gave up 26 unanswered points.... It was pathetic - just watching what has become of my beloved Philadelphia Eagles is a travesty. This era of my life is absolutely finished - The McNabb - Reid era. They brought many great times, a few bad, and unfortunately, the bad were a lot worse than the good was sweet.....

While sitting in the bar yesterday afternoon, upon all the Philly fans realized that Kolb was playing, there was an applause and loud cheering by most of the bar - Not from myself or any of my friends present. We just looked at each other in astonishment and disbelief. Who in their right mind would have a standing fucking ovation for a shit kicking, 2nd year back-up QB that hasn't proved shit, nor has he ever even played stiff competition during his inflated college career? We were down 10-7, not 100-7. The game was close, and the people of Philadelphia had their heads stuck up their asses. Are you kidding me?

This year has been so lopsided from the previous 5, that it is making me so stir crazy. I mean, the Titans and Giants are the ELITE teams in the league, the Jets, with BRETT FAVRE, are suddenly a class act, the NFC is dominant outside of the Eagles, who have won the division for like 5 years since 2000, Arizona is finding the re-emergence of Kurt Warner via an MVP-esque season, Tom Brady goes down, and Matt Cassell appears to be hitting his groove, topping 400 yards and 3+ TD games back-to-back, Indianapolis at least is starting to gets is swagger back, Cincy is a joke, Detroit will probably lose out, going 0-16, and the Jaguars are an embarrassment, equally as much as the Eagles.

I can hardly comprehend what is happening. It's defying all logic. That, plus I've officially seen my 6-0 fantasty team drop to 7-5 and CLINGING for dear life to a playoff spot.

I disgress....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-11-26, 08:54 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "NFL - Mainly Eagles - Rant"
Yea man, i was watching the Eagles game (since i live in NJ, i get both the NY games and Philly games) and when i saw McNabb not warming up i knew that the Reid, McNabb era was coming to an end. I think Andy's fat ass believed that benching his all-pro QB( who i might add is as dumb as a fucken rock) would be like how the Giants benched Warner a few years back in place for Eli. Both have many similarities in that regard, both in playoff contention and both coaches being trash. The NFL (even though i love it) has become soft. Watching games is no fun anymore since everything is a yellow flag or nit pick foul. The league is a bunch of over priced pansies.

Don't get me wrong, i love football and just hope the the NFL (especially the head officals) create some spark back with this sport. In all honesty, this should be a great time to be a Giant fan, 10-1 and defending Superbowl Champs. But i cant help to wonder if this is the best that the league can offer (even though i havent seen a team come together like this in all of my lifetime).

I am 11-0 though in my FF league for money, so that is at least hope that i can get paid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY