Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Kurt Cobain
Posted 2004-08-23, 07:46 PM
I know this happened awhile back, but I just started reading up on Curt Cobian and Nirvana because Nirvana are my new favourite band.

Anyways, I was wondering what everyone thought of his death? Did he commit suiside or was he murdered? I still dont know what to think yet.

Last edited by Arbitus; 2004-08-26 at 06:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arbitus

Posted 2004-08-23, 07:51 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "Kurt Cobain"
he committed suicide. and it doesn't matter because nirvana fucking sucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-08-23, 07:52 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "Kurt Cobain"
Suicide, I'd like to believe it was that strung out heroin addict wife of his, but I doubt it. Same thing goes for the Nanny theory. Symnzkkk, blow yourself, Nirvana was damn good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-08-23, 08:17 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Suicide, I'd like to believe it was..."
They were awesome! He did commite suicide tho.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-23, 08:38 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "They were awesome! He did commite..."
Nirvana was alright... their guitar actually sucked... except for the fact that they had damn catchy riffs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-08-23, 09:15 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Nirvana was alright... their guitar..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-23, 09:21 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
i am preaty sure he kill himself runing away from his wife god look at here she is mentaly crazy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-08-23, 09:35 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "i am preaty sure he kill himself runing..."
Yeah, he was too messed up on drugs to realize what a dumb mistake he was making with suicide. I liked them back in the day, and still hit up some nostalgia every once in a while.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-24, 04:41 AM in reply to Arbitus's post "Kurt Cobain"
Nice spelling of his name there.

But Nirvana was pretty good. Even after Kurt blew himself to shit, the drummer produced the band foo fighters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-08-24, 05:36 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Nice spelling of his name there. ..."
Nirvana sucked. Whiny, sloppy art-house alternative rock.

Not to mention the fact that Kurt Cobain was a fucking pussy and a shitty human being. Suicide is the bar-none most selfish and unforgiveably disgusting act a human being can commit. Ending your own life like that isn't taking into account the thoughts, feelings or opinions of the people that care about you. He didn't even have a plausible reason for committing suicide. He wasn't dying of a terminal disease and he wasn't trapped under a boulder on Mount Everest. He killed himself because he was too weak to handle fame. Are you fucking kidding me? He caused irreparable damage to his wife, child, family and fans all because he couldn't handle being MTV's "cool-kid-of-the-hour"? You know what Kurt? Had you just toughed it out for a few more months the whole surge of popularity surrounding your over-appreciated ass would have died down and you could have gone on making music and staying out of the spotlight. But, you were too much of a fucking pansy to handle even something that simple.

It makes me want to fucking vomit when I hear people mouring the death of that sack of shit. If he'd been worth a single iota of anyone's attention, he wouldn't have taken the chicken-shit road away from his problems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-08-24, 08:13 AM in reply to Arbitus's post "Kurt Cobain"
He was peekay'd by a shotgun.

Good riddance. I hate nirvana.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-24, 10:01 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Nirvana sucked. Whiny, sloppy..."
I love how people in their own heavy metal/punk rock types of bands classify Nirvana as "sloppy, art-house alternative rock". There was no one like Nirvana back in the day, it just happens that everyone started emulating what they did, since they were a hit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-24, 11:50 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I love how people in their own heavy..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-24, 02:36 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
slim, stop flaming. i'm allowed to have an opinion.

i personally can't fucking stand nirvana. the only song by them that i can listen to for a few seconds before turning it off is 'territorial pissings'. and then his faggot voice, screaming like a stupid jackass, just gets on my nerves.

Edit: 
lithium is okay, too, i guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-08-24, 03:48 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
I really do agree, Nirvana isn't cool, bar the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Lithium". I agree with Raziel totally that Kurt was a complete tool, if he did indeed commit suicide. But how exactly doesn't someone shoot themselves the way he allegedly did with a shotgun?

Shinto, you are a bit critical. Not everyone can pioneer a new form of music, and they just happened to be ACDC inspired. And that is the truth. Nirvana and ACDC's music is based around alot of the same scales and mostly their songs are all power chord riffs. Riffs that don't require skill at all. NO skill. The solos, too, don't require all that much skill. ACDC did have better guitar, but they weren't all that good either.

What do you mean by "he played an out of tune guitar"? I didn't quite follow it. How was it tuned? If a guitar is tuned into drop C or something like that (however, I know that they didn't use drop c), then it's not considered to be "out of tune". Unless he just kinda let it slip out of tune and never retuned it, then I think you mis-spoke. I was under the impression that most of the "different sound" that they had was created by new fangled effects.

P.S. Shinto, saying that a riff is catchy, doesn't mean that it is a well constructed riff. And they DID have a catchy riff or two. I rate Nirvana a 5/10 as a band. Where as I would rate bands like Led, Sabbath, or the JHE a 10/10.

NIRVANA DID NOTHING FOR THE MUSIC INDUSTRY BUT SPAWN LITTLE SHIT HEAD GRUNGE FREAKS AND NU METAL FANATICS. Gg no re.

By the way, Nirvana had SHITTY vocals. Kurt was ghey. All Nirvana was, was a small talent garage band out of Seattle that HAPPENED to make it big.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-08-24, 04:07 PM in reply to Arbitus's post "Kurt Cobain"
CHange your avatar -_-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-24, 04:10 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I really do agree, Nirvana isn't cool,..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-24, 04:58 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
I agree, the guitarist from AC/DC was really good but not the best.

Note: w00t.ace can play thunderstruck and he's really good at it. It's amazing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-24, 06:20 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "I agree, the guitarist from AC/DC was..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-08-24, 06:42 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Meh, Kurt was great IMHO, i love nirvana. You all say his voice and guitar and shit are 'ghey' but when you really dont realize that they probabally wanted to sound like that? I bet they didnt care if they went ' big ' or anything. Kurt was trippin and he fucked himself over. I still think his wife did it.

Anyways, i'd love to have kurt back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish