Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Lsass.exe??? WHat the hell
Posted 2004-04-16, 12:19 AM
My laptop all of a sudden shut off by "NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM". IT prompted something about a c:/widows/system32/lsass.exe file and a status code 128. Now, ever time i boot it up the same msg pops up and it just reboots. Whats going on???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-16, 01:14 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Lsass.exe??? WHat the hell"
Possibly a virus. Use start > run, and type in "shutdown -a" without the quotes. That should take care of the message for you until you can deal with the problem.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2004-04-16, 02:02 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Possibly a virus. Use start > run, and..."
Lsass.exe is a required system process of Windows

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2004-04-16 at 06:02 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-04-16, 05:53 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Lsass.exe??? WHat the hell"
Microsoft said:
SYMPTOMS
When you restart your computer after you install the Windows 2000 High Encryption Pack, you may receive the following error message.

Lsass.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point EqualDomainSid could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll.
When you click OK, the following message appears:
System Shutdown This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by \

Time before shutdown: 00:00:59

The system process 'C:\WINNT\System32\Lsass.exe' terminated unexpectedly with status code 128. The system will now shut down and restart.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;301684

========

Don't know if that's the error you're getting, however..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-04-16, 07:10 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp..."
Thats exactly wat is happening. -_-

WHen i went to the website though, it said a windows 2000 service thingy. My computer runs on the Home Edition of Windows XP

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-04-16 at 07:13 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-16, 11:31 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Thats exactly wat is happening. -_- ..."
Boot with the Windows XP CD (hopefully you have yours).

Do the "Repair" option. That SHOULD replace/fix your lsass.exe. I just hope that it doesn't make you have to redo your Windows Updates again..

( Hosted on http://www.iownjoo.com )

And your Home edition should look like the above, but with "Home" instead of "Professional"...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-04-16, 01:49 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Boot with the Windows XP CD (hopefully..."
Nice, thank you for finding that bluecube. I shall try it when i get home.

My other question is: Could this file being damaged be the reason i couldn't turn on my auto protect option on norton antivirus, and why i got an error in the email scanning category. (This is before the system went whack)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-16, 02:04 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Nice, thank you for finding that..."
Error: "AutoProtect is unable to start, Symevnt.386 is not loaded. You may need to reinstall Norton AntiVirus to correct the problem."

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...rc=bar_sch_nam

-------------------

Scans do not run and Auto-Protect is disabled

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...rc=bar_sch_nam

-------------------

Don't know what the error you had was, though, so I'm just throwing some links around. Both basically just say to reinstall NAV..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube