Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Skyrim Screenshot Thread
Posted 2012-03-31, 02:31 PM
It's views like this that really set Skryim apart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSshrink.jpg (470.6 KB, 9 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SSfull.zip (4.34 MB, 0 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-31, 02:42 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Skyrim Screenshot Thread"
That is one of the reasons I wanted to play Skyrim in the first place. One time I was playing it in class and the kid next to me mistook the world map for a real map.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-01, 09:05 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "That is one of the reasons I wanted to..."
I blame the education system.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-04-01, 09:16 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I blame the education system."
It was in a community college so that would be a good blame system.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-08, 09:13 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Skyrim Screenshot Thread"
WetWired said: [Goto]
It's views like this that really set Skryim apart.
I've often saved at points just because of the view. Skyrim really does a good job of depicting the northern lights.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-04-08, 09:39 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I've often saved at points just because..."
The only other game I've played that's come close is Assassin's Creed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-08, 09:43 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "The only other game I've played that's..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
The only other game I've played that's come close is Assassin's Creed.
Shadow of the Colossus did an amazing job of scenery for its platform.

Graphics wise, Skyrim could have been better; it wasn't much of an improvement on Fallout 3. But it still does a phenomenal job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-04-08, 09:45 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Shadow of the Colossus did an amazing..."
Graphics wise, most games could be a lot better. But they don't all have the money to do that in the first place. I wish they had though. it would have been amazing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-08, 09:46 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Graphics wise, most games could be a..."
I don't think with Bethesda it was an issue of money, but more the fact that the focus was on the sheer mass of content.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2012-04-08, 09:57 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I don't think with Bethesda it was an..."
1st order of business: The name of the thread is misspelled.

2nd: They have to focus on content and therefore spend all their money there. They only have so much money they can spend on one project. Clearly they didn't have the money for graphics and content.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-08, 10:01 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "1st order of business: The name of the..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
1st order of business: The name of the thread is misspelled.

2nd: They have to focus on content and therefore spend all their money there. They only have so much money they can spend on one project. Clearly they didn't have the money for graphics and content.
There are deadlines to a project. I'm sure it was more of a time factor than a money factor. But I'm speaking ill informed. I don't know the economic status of Bethesday's development branch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2012-04-09, 07:42 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "There are deadlines to a project. I'm..."
I feel like a time factor is more likely. But still, they develop half the game before they announce that their even working on it so that they can get a time idea. So I image that it is actually more a factor of that is the style they like to do their games in. That or a computer requirements one. I can't imagine a computer trying to render all that in a super high quality.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin