Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Gruesome's Diet
Posted 2008-12-05, 06:17 AM
Bobby, hit up more details on the diet portion of your life. I'm trying to find the appropriate balance between my food, but figuring out the diet feels like I'm writing a dissertation (and I would know!). I mean, I hate counting calories, analyzing nutrition facts, etc.

Include types of meals, specifically.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-12-05, 07:39 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Gruesome's Diet"
I would like to hear about other's diets as well, and since gruesome is apparently in shape it's nice to hear.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-05, 03:44 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Gruesome's Diet"
Titusfied said: [Goto]
Bobby, hit up more details on the diet portion of your life. I'm trying to find the appropriate balance between my food, but figuring out the diet feels like I'm writing a dissertation (and I would know!). I mean, I hate counting calories, analyzing nutrition facts, etc.

Include types of meals, specifically.

To start off (when it comes to eating healthy for weight loss) you have to figure out your daily calorie intake. You can find this by multiplying your weight by ten (ie, 180 pound male needs to have 1800 calories to maintain the same weight per day without exercise). To loss weight, you have to subtract at least 200 calories a day just to start seeing an effect. Out of the rest of those calories, 40% needs to be from protein, 50% needs to be from healthy carbs and 10% needs to come from healthy fat. (ie the 180 pound male needs to consume 720 calories from protein, 900 calories from carbs and 180 calories from fat to maintain the same weight per day without exercise). The following foods are all great for the body, but only if you eat them in moderation. The are:

1) A- Almonds and other nuts
2) B- Beans and other legumes
3) S- Spinich and other green, leafy veggies

4) D- Dairy (Lowfat yougurt, cheese, etc)
5) I- Instant oatmeal
6) E- Eggs
7)T- Turkey and other lean meats

8) P- Peanut Butter
9)O- Olive Oil
10)W- Wheat (Breads, cerals, etc)
11)E- E. Protein (Protein Powders)
12) R- Rasberries (And other berries (Straw, blue, etc))

Incorporate at least 5 of these into your daily schedule (five or six meals per day) and in less than 2 weeks, you will see a huge change.

Example day:

Breakfast (within one hour of waking up or right after workout)- instant outmeal with whey protein powder, skim milk and blue berries or egg whites with lowfat cheese, skim milk, wheat toast with peanut butter.
Snack- (in between breakfast and lunch- about 2-3 hours after breakfast)- Almonds or yougurt with low fat granola or berries
Lunch (2-3 hours after snack)- Turkey with cheese, lettuce and tomato on anything wheat with a piece of fruit or chili with beans and multigrain chips.
Snack(2-3 hours after lunch)- Peanut butter sandwhich, handful of nuts, fruit salad, or regular salad with oil and vinager (sp)
Dinner (2-3 hours after snack)- Piece of steak, chicken or fish, at least 2 veggies and NO CARBS past 6 o'clock.
Snack ( 2-3 hours after dinner if still hungry)- lowfat yougurt, nuts,peanut butter, berries, 1 egg

* This is also used when exercising, you need these foods to energize your bodies systems.

It also helps to write down what you are eating and how many calories you are getting per day. By tracking what you are eating, you can see where you need improvement and see what days you feel more energized and days where you feel more sluggish. You can mix and match these to make interesting combanations. I also have receipes at home that incoporate most of those food groups if you would like them. ( Oh and one last point, it is almost impossible to lose weight when drinking alcohol. So basically this is a no-no unless you drink right. Stay away from beer and brown liquor. The only drinks you can have, and only maybe 1 or 2 are, bacardi superior and diet coke (only 60 calories and no carbs) and vodka (1 shot equals about 100 calories). Do not use juices either, to many sugars) Hope this helps.

Types of meals that are good when trying to lose weight:

Breakfast-

Egg Whites with low fat cheese
Wheat toast and PB
Oatmeal (with skim milk and protein powder)
Koshi Cerals
Fruit Salads
Dannons light and fit yogurts
- All of these provide a good start to the day, provides a decent amount of healthy proteins, and slow buring carbs so you stay fuller during the day.

Snacks (both before lunch and after)-

Nuts- Almonds, Pistaschio (sp), Walnuts
Berries or other fruit
Low fat yogurt

Lunch-

Turkey, roast beef, ham, chicken on anything wheat with lettuce and tomato (mustard or hot sauce only)

Chili with beans
Soup (no msg)
PB on wheat
salad with diced chicken with a balsomic vinegar dressing

Dinner

Steak (lean) with green beans and a salad
Any fish grilled with sauteed mushrooms
Chicken (grilled or pan seared) with corn and zuchinni
Tacos (small amount of wheat shells)
Meatloaf ( i have a recipe that i took from men's health, but enhanced it. i can post it later)
Meatballs (less bread crumbs)

This is all i can really think of at this time, but im sure ill post more specific things and reciepes as we go
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-12-05, 03:53 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "To start off (when it comes to eating..."
Im double posting but i wanted this to be seperate, this is what a typical person thats just trying to lose weight should be eating.

I dont consider myself a "body builder" but i def eat and train like one
(i like to party as well so my weekends i might not follow everything that i am preaching)

But for you to maximize is knowing what stage you are in, for me the next few months its all about building muscle (not leaning out) so i will increase my calorie intake by nearly 500 calories a day. After that, i will drop my calorie intake by 200. (so for me a 180 pound male, i will eat nearly 2300 calories when gaining and anywheres from 1600-1800 when cutting). Its also a guage to see how hard you are working out, if you are sluggish eat more, if you are energetic work out more.

As long as you stay away from fast food, fried food, processed flower, etc you should be fine. Try this, if you work in or live in a building, take the stairs instead of the elevator, if you need to go out for milk and the store is close, walk, you'll be surprised how effective this could be.

Also, drink alot of water during the day, helps to curb appetites, and also try to do something active before dinner at night, you tend to eat less when your body has just been exeercised.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-12-07, 07:38 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Im double posting but i wanted this to..."
Very nice. I just got back from Dick's and bought an elliptical, so I'm going to be getting into shape soon!

I like the food ideas, and keep your recipes and ideas coming! I can use all the help I can get!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied