Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Posted 2004-11-27, 12:03 AM
Anyone going to get this?

If your unaware of what it is still I'll tell you .

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls is pretty much the first Final Fantasy games ever made, but with better graphics. They also added 2 (I think its 2) new side quests and a few other things. It comes out November 29 only on GameBoy Advance.

I sure as hell know I'm getting it. lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arbitus

Posted 2004-11-27, 12:26 AM in reply to Arbitus's post "Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls"
You know, I just beat Final Fantasy Origins about a year ago. It was awesome, but it was a monumental drain on my mental gaming stability. This game is basically the same package, only with some extra stuff added.

That said, yeah I'm gonna buy it, in spite of how furious I got with FF2. Dawn of Souls actually includes a brand new option that makes me genuinely interested in re-playing these two games: you can save anywhere at any time! Thank God Almighty! Finally, I can save my game right before going up against a nasty boss, instead of having to backtrack all the way back out of a dungeon so I can save on the world map. The convenience of that single option (and the fact that there just aren't that many great GBA games coming out in the next few months) is definitely enough to convince me to buy it.

Oh, and the "Dawn of Souls" thing isn't just a new sidequest or two. It's an entirely new chapter added into the games, that apparently affects the plot of each title greatly.

Hopefully Square continues along this line of thinking and re-releases all of the 2D FF games on Nintendo's handhelds. We're already getting 1 and 2 on GBA, and 3 on the DS. Now I just want to see the DS get 4, 5, 6 and maybe Chrono Trigger. I'll be a happy man if it happens.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-27, 08:53 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "You know, I just beat Final Fantasy..."
wow, when does th DS come out? And I probably will buy Dawn of Souls as well (they should rerelease the original tactics)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-11-27, 11:37 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "wow, when does th DS come out? And I..."
The DS is already out. Go pick on up!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-11-27, 12:05 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "The DS is already out. Go pick on up!"
SON OF A BITCH? is it? Damn, I'll put it down as a gift I want o.o
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-11-27, 02:14 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "SON OF A BITCH? is it? Damn, I'll put..."
Im asking for one too. I was going to ask for a GBA, but since DS plays GBA games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arbitus

Posted 2004-11-27, 03:22 PM in reply to Arbitus's post starting "Im asking for one too. I was going to..."
I'm not quite sure if I want to get a DS. I was never into the whole handheld thing, even though I did get a GBA and beat a few games. I'm really hoping that I can find FFVII to hold me over on Playstation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-11-27, 10:55 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I'm not quite sure if I want to get a..."
Handheld gaming isn't necessarily for everyone. I never really liked handheld games until I bought my GBA SP, but after I did, it became my second-favorite piece of gaming hardware after my Gamecube.

You have no idea how much something as simple as backlighting can affect your opinion of handheld games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-05, 10:59 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Handheld gaming isn't necessarily for..."
Oh trust me, I do...I do.... So, if I have the first Final Fantasy (NES) should I still get the new one? Final Fantasy games are cool! By the way, any word on the release of the FF7 movie? Been waiting for that for forever now. Did you guys know that square is releasing another FF7 game. A side story from the original, you get to play as the Turks, and that sounds pimp. Rudy was the coolest. Why doesn't Square-Enix merge their most popular games for a 10-disc game. With all the monsters from Dragon Warrior and the Weapons from FF7 with the great Lavos of Chrono Trigger, all while still saving the planet from the smaller things like lack of Mana! it would be great! (i don't know anymore Enix games, so i named mostly square) lol
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2004-12-06, 12:05 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Oh trust me, I do...I do.... So, if I..."
Dawn of Souls has upgraded graphics and a lot of new gameplay elements added to it. So yeah, if you own the original NES version, buying DoS would still be a damned good idea.

The FF7 spin-off is called "Crisis Core". It's the only game that Square has planned for the PSP.

If you wanted to add more Enix games to that mixture, you could have said that you play as God while racing against time to stop a giant Comet from crashing into the planet and freeing the souls of the world from monster-infested dungeons. That would cover Actraiser, Illusion of Gaia and Soul Blazer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-06, 12:17 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Dawn of Souls has upgraded graphics and..."
Actraiser kinda sucked, so did Soul Blazer.

Illusions of Gaia is one of my most memorable games from my childhood.

I'll probably download these new games. That's why I love handhelds, I can download the games so easily and not really worry about being able to run them on my computer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!