Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Anime Mouth Shapes
Posted 2008-03-19, 02:54 PM
Alright, this may need to be in the art forum but, does anyone have a lip sync chart that I could use for animation?

I need to animate a japanese character speaking from the front and I'm not really willing to draw the forty mouth shapes that we've counted.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-03-19, 03:30 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Anime Mouth Shapes"
Your perfect model:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaag.JPG (3.8 KB, 47 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-03-19, 06:58 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Your perfect model:"
Sweet. Constructive.

Now for someone who's serious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-03-19, 11:30 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Sweet. Constructive. Now for someone..."
There really isn't too much of a lip sync in most of anime. The mouth opens and closes based on syllables. If you are really looking to go into detail, you are better off video taping your friends talking.

Here is a pretty good example of pretty accurate lip syncing. Source is Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JrFhGkIehCg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-03-21, 10:29 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "There really isn't too much of a lip..."
Sovereign said:
Here is a pretty good example of pretty accurate lip syncing. Source is Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JrFhGkIehCg
Yeah. That'd work.

Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-03-26, 02:03 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Yeah. That'd work. Thanks."
So, this is the finished product.

http://h.1asphost.com/neglectedband/Scene.swf

It's the correct link so if it doesn't work, the server is down.

Feedback?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-03-26, 11:14 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "So, this is the finished product. ..."
Very nice work. It's actually a lot better then a lot of the lower end anime I watch.

Now where is the credits page with my name in it!

Last edited by Sovereign; 2008-03-26 at 11:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-03-27, 01:27 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Very nice work. It's actually a lot..."
Sovereign said:
Now where is the credits page with my name in it!
Lol. Not even gonna lie, I never clicked that link. YouTube isn't allowed at school and I can't get highspeed where I live so...

Lol. It was good to get a serious response though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G