Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

CN Sucks!
Posted 2008-10-11, 10:33 PM
I've noticed that Cartoon Network is slowly ridding their channel of anime.

Think about it.

1) 1 new episode of Bleach during hours when people watch Adult Swim
2) 1 useless episode of FMA
3) 1 new episode of Code Geass and Moribito at 5AM! No one watches the channel that early in the morning.
4) Toonami is gone
5) Fuck the movies they play at the time Toonami used to play.

Screw CN, the executives are a bunch of assholes. If they decide to bring more anime shows back and or bring Toonami back, I'd bet they'd expect praise. What a bunch of jackasses. All of their shows during the day now are crap. I betcha' CN will be gone 10-years from now. They are killing themselves and shall be no more soon enough. We just have to have patience.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-10-11, 11:00 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "CN Sucks!"
Watch animondays on scifi instead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-10-12, 07:20 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "CN Sucks!"
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
I've noticed that Cartoon Network is slowly ridding their channel of anime.

Think about it.

1) 1 new episode of Bleach during hours when people watch Adult Swim
2) 1 useless episode of FMA
3) 1 new episode of Code Geass and Moribito at 5AM! No one watches the channel that early in the morning.
4) Toonami is gone
5) Fuck the movies they play at the time Toonami used to play.

Screw CN, the executives are a bunch of assholes. If they decide to bring more anime shows back and or bring Toonami back, I'd bet they'd expect praise. What a bunch of jackasses. All of their shows during the day now are crap. I betcha' CN will be gone 10-years from now. They are killing themselves and shall be no more soon enough. We just have to have patience.

I agree. I used to flip to Cartoon Network when I was a kid for a) the old cartoons such as bugs bunny b) for the anime they showed on Toonami

Now they have neither, and the only reason I flip to that channel ever now and then is for Futurama/South Park/Family Guy on Adult Swim. I don't even think the little kids that the shows on CN are designated for watch them anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-10-12, 09:23 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I agree. I used to flip to Cartoon..."
i agree wallow and all of you guys cartoon netwook sucks its own balls. heck i would watching the grass grow then being forced to watch cartoon network worst show: toatle drama island, it suck and i think cn is getting sued for showing it because its surviver only crappier
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-10-12, 09:33 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "i agree wallow and all of you guys..."
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/toonami/

Toonami is still around. Saturday's from 9pm - 11pm.

They show shows like..
  • Naruto
  • Naruto
  • Samuri Jack
  • Ben: ALien Force

None of which look appealing in the slightest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-12, 09:46 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "CN Sucks!"
Yeh, only reason I ever watch CN anymore is to watch Family Guy and Robot Chicken after work. And the new episodes of Robot Chicken on Sundays, which I can unfortunately not see anymore because I work until 11:30 on Sundays, and it's over by the time I get home.

*tear*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-12, 09:55 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Yeh, only reason I ever watch CN..."
Seconded. They have dumbass shows like the "Squidbillies." WTF IS THAT? Fucking horrible show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-12, 10:48 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Seconded. They have dumbass shows like..."
Kazilla, they play samauri jack again on cartoon network? I haven't seen that on cartoon network in years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-10-12, 11:10 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Seconded. They have dumbass shows like..."
I'm getting more and more into The Venture Brothers. I've watched Squidbillies for less than a minute before changing the channel to Animal Planet for some good ol' wholesome Animal Cops.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-12, 11:34 AM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "Kazilla, they play samauri jack again..."
Coffeedagger said: [Goto]
Kazilla, they play samauri jack again on cartoon network? I haven't seen that on cartoon network in years.
Ahh, I remember watching that show as a kid. Good show, yet the story never seemed to end. He could never get back to his own time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-10-12, 06:11 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/t..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/toonami/

Toonami is still around. Saturday's from 9pm - 11pm.

They show shows like..
  • Naruto
  • Naruto
  • Samuri Jack
  • Ben: ALien Force

None of which look appealing in the slightest.

Stupid Kazilla, Toonami ended!

BORKED

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-10-12, 07:02 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Stupid Kazilla, Toonami ended! ..."
You didn't click my link did you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-12, 08:41 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "You didn't click my link did you."
You didn't click my link did you?

You haven't watched Cartoon Network at 9PM on Saturdays. How exactly can you tell me that? Not to mention, did you see that clip? I saw that when it played on the TV. It was a sad day.

Toonami is O-V-E-R, over. Damn you have a thick skull.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-10-12, 10:55 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "You haven't watched Cartoon Network at..."
The old toonami is over, however they still have a two our span in which the new toonami plays. My link directs you to that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-13, 12:46 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "The old toonami is over, however they..."
The old toonami is over, however they still have a two our span in which the new toonami plays. My link directs you to that.

No, they no longer have that two "our" span. It is over. Do you understand. Over. Freakin' over. I don't care about the link to Cartoon Network's site. It is over, they've not gotten around to getting rid of it yet. On Saturday's they play some movie now that takes up two hours.

Kazilla, do you understand now? Toonami ended. 1997-2008. They switched over to Saturdays long ago. So, no, that would not be the end of the "old" Toonami, which was Toonami during the weekdays.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-10-13, 07:38 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "No, they no longer have that two "our"..."
Ok, well you keep telling yourself its over when clearly they still have a portion for toonami on saturdays. Who cares if all they play is movies for 12 year olds or, jolly lolly sweet pants investigator. They have a 2 "hour" span from 9 - 11 for Toonami which their website clearly states.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-13, 09:28 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Ok, well you keep telling yourself its..."
Jesus, who the fuck cares?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-13, 10:31 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Jesus, who the fuck cares?"
apparently everyone who posted in this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-13, 01:28 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "apparently everyone who posted in this..."
I don't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-13, 04:46 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "No, they no longer have that two "our"..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
No, they no longer have that two "our" span. It is over. Do you understand. Over. Freakin' over. I don't care about the link to Cartoon Network's site. It is over, they've not gotten around to getting rid of it yet. On Saturday's they play some movie now that takes up two hours.

Kazilla, do you understand now? Toonami ended. 1997-2008. They switched over to Saturdays long ago. So, no, that would not be the end of the "old" Toonami, which was Toonami during the weekdays.
Don't argue with Kazilla. He'll keep on shouting his point of view despite knowing he's wrong and with a gun pointed at his head. Exactly
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow