Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Bookies suspend bets on alien landing
Posted 2008-10-13, 06:57 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ed...6908-20798802/

Oct 13 2008

WORRIED bookmakers have stopped taking bets on aliens showing up on Earth.

It follows a flurry of bets amid internet buzz that a massive intergalactic spaceship will appear tomorrow.

Videos and messages on YouTube, blogs and UFO websites are buzzing with predictions that a vessel from the alien Federation Of Light will be visible in our skies for three days.

It may all sound more oddball than odds-on - but bookies William Hill are taking it seriously enough to temporarily suspend betting on proof of the existence of intelligent alien life being confirmed by PM Gordon Brown.

It follows a rush of bets, including one punter who wanted to place a s3000 bet at odds of 1000-1.

Hill spokesman Rupert Adams said: "This is the first time an internet phenomenon has affected our business.

"We now have seven-figure liabilities if the ship does appear. We have decided to duck any more big bets until the 14th has passed, hopefully without incident."

The rumour is believed to have been started by "channeler" Blossom Goodchild, who claimed to have received a psychic tip-off.

The stories have spread, along with a warning it would "cause panic among the masses".

One message claims: "They have carefully selected this time to show up and are doing it out of goodwill because of the great evils behind this world.

"It is time to become free from wars, pestilence, famine, poverty, sickness, disease, rich and poor and all the world sufferings."

No time was given for the spaceship's arrival.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-10-13, 09:09 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Bookies suspend bets on alien landing"
That's awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing an actual spacecraft. At this point I would expect nothing less.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-13, 11:24 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "That's awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing..."
I hope that it's a race of super intelligent bi-pedal pig creatures. Then, all those people who scoffed and heartily proclaimed, "America will have a black president when pigs fly..." will no choice but to accept the facts!

Anyways, I think the story just goes to show that people will believe anything they hear, even so much as to risk losing grips of money.

I think the more important thing to be worried about though, is how far is this "psychic" person going to take this if it does happen?
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-10-13, 11:31 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I hope that it's a race of super..."
Buncha bullshit. I doubt anything will show up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-13, 11:43 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Bookies suspend bets on alien landing"
Stocks gone south? Bonds soured? Make money the surefire way, betting on alien contact!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood