Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Post FireBall Sorc
Posted 2003-08-01, 01:37 PM
Can someone give me a basic stat/skill/item runthrough of a pvp sorc that uses fireball as her main attack?

I want ehr to be versatile versus melee ranged and other elemental.

I was thinking maybe

shako, ber'd cham'd (i will probably be walking as well as teleporting) or um'd.
Perf magi(um) shaft (um) or stealth
Wiz (can i get 15 res and 7% fhr?)
Magefists
Maras
Dual Soj's
<insert boots here>
-15 req/15 res SS

Charms: 5-7 Fire skill, Some FHR, some res and some r/w (again i want to be on foot as well as teleport)

For stats: enough STR, max block, Rest vit, base energy

Skills: Max fireball/mast then Orb with 1 in cold mast after pre-reqs add rest to hydra?

Im not excactly sure, can someone help me out? thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrowningOnAir is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DrowningOnAir

Posted 2003-08-01, 02:19 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
you might want to run a bit to move back and fireball but when you get some experience with fireball you'll notice you'll do better with teleport

boots? probably waterwalks 65 life-15 dexterity -5%max fire res
stealth is nice for fhr/frw
i'd go with shael/pskull/um'd vmagi
pskull is probably a good choice for replenish

wizspike or suicide branch is good (life all resist/max mana/1 skills)
you can get a jewel like 15 all resist/7%fhr

edit : skill wise max warmth fire mastery/maybe 1 into enchant to help out your buddies for T(eam) v T
if you plan on running around a bit maybe max blaze to ? spam that till your enemy get close and spam FB and the damage stacks up pretty nicely

put a few into teleport/chill armor/Energy shield as supportive skills
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-08-01, 02:43 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
Get a 15 res jewel/ with some sort of stats instead of um.

I'd suggest making a glacier sorc instead, fireball doesnt dish out enough damage at the higher levels, its very powerful in low level duels though..

at lvl 33 i got it up to lvl 29 and lvl 13 mastery or some other..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-08-01, 04:22 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
fire ball seams lethal in 1.10, maybe make a duellist that are going to be powerfull there and not now
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nitrodox is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNitrodox is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nitrodox

Posted 2003-08-02, 11:46 AM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
36fb/36 mastery does 1.7k damage
and with 36 blizzard/mastery 1.4k damage and severely low cold resist because of piercing mastery you have a bad ass sorc

you can have a timered spell like blizzard keep enemies from getting to close, and a spell to attack them with offensively and main support spells cold shield/tele/energy shield/warmth, and then average level meteor/blaze/fw to work with
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-08-02, 12:41 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
Apoq said:
36fb/36 mastery does 1.7k damage
and with 36 blizzard/mastery 1.4k damage and severely low cold resist because of piercing mastery you have a bad ass sorc
While blizzard dmg is higher it s easier to hit whit frozen orb ppl get hit more then once i would prefer frozen orb .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-08-02, 01:59 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
possibly eh, but frozen orb doesn't stop them for a second and have explode animation does it besides its timered with blizzard so you can't have same going at same time
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-08-02, 02:12 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
Apoq said:
possibly eh, but frozen orb doesn't stop them for a second and have explode animation does it
True

Apoq said:
besides its timered with blizzard so you can't have same going at same time
I was saying using fire ball/frozen orb instead of fire ball/blizzard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-08-02, 02:49 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
hmm i think i will be making 1 of them, I think its gonna be a fireball/orb, but first i gotta see how much dmg that does in 1.10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-08-02, 03:21 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
In 1.10 at level 20 whit synergy and 20 fire mastery

lvl 20 Fire bolt 885-1177.
lvl 20 Fire Ball 3462-3931.
lvl 20 Meteor 6856-7314.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-08-02, 08:01 PM in reply to DrowningOnAir's post "FireBall Sorc"
yah but why not just use nova/ts and fo? i thought the point was fun and originality :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq