Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook 7 100.00%
Twitter 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Facebook or Twitter
Posted 2011-12-30, 07:41 PM
I'm full on Facebook. Tweeting sounds stupid, and updating every five minutes with 'is getting a handjob' is ridiculous. Hashtags are just plain stupid. Stick with Facebook; timeline makes it more compartmentalized.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2011-12-31, 03:20 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Facebook or Twitter"
I dislike timeline. Facebook needs to keep it simple.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-12-31, 08:44 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I dislike timeline. Facebook needs to..."
I refuse to get a twitter account. TWEET OFF BITCHES.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2011-12-31, 10:28 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I dislike timeline. Facebook needs to..."
I've had timeline for about a month and a half now and I enjoy it. I think you'll get used to it. I enjoy the fact that I can easily browse back at what was said in the past. How long have you had it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2011-12-31, 12:48 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I've had timeline for about a month and..."
A week or so.
The only thing I like is when a reaction image is freaking out at (what appears to be) the image just above it, or in it's general view.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-12-31, 02:47 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "A week or so. The only thing I like is..."
Twitter is shit. Facebook is pretty gay too but being able to share photos easily is pretty cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-12-31, 03:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Twitter is shit. Facebook is pretty..."
Social media will be at the forefront of advertising within the next 2-5 years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2011-12-31, 07:06 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Social media will be at the forefront..."
How unfortunate for them.
Because then everyone is going to LEAVE.
That was the idea.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-12-31, 11:03 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Facebook or Twitter"
Facebook > Twitter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-01-01, 02:39 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Facebook > Twitter."
Exactly.
I can only hope Facebook doesn't do what Myspace did...
Update.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-01-01, 10:52 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Exactly. I can only hope Facebook..."
They constantly update.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2012-01-01, 10:55 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "They constantly update."
Then there's only one direction this can go.

Is there a way to REMOVE timeline? A friend of mine apparently hates it so badly, he wants to remove it entirely.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-01-03, 06:40 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Facebook or Twitter"
I dislike both of them. Personally, I don't like the idea of posting about every aspect of my day or reading up on other peoples lives. If I want to know how someone's day is or what they did, I'd call them.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to start using Facebook for business advertisement. Or hire a company to bullshit it for me. I'm liking the second option.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-01-05, 08:41 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I dislike both of them. Personally, I..."
Facebook and Twitter have become a biggie for advertising. Although click through rates are rather low, the constant barrage of advertisements on there is useful to a company.

I actually use facebook for one of my jobs, which I view as highly unprofessional. Although we have a private group to discuss matters, I would rather keep business and play separate. Downgrading from weekly teleconferences and e-mails to a weekly facebook update just sounds downright lazy and horrible for communication.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2012-01-06, 02:43 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Facebook and Twitter have become a..."
I use Facebook Like Pages as a way to communicate with people all over the place with a common interest, without having to even say my name.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-21, 08:37 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I use Facebook Like Pages as a way to..."
Facebook is way better than twitter. To me, twitter feels like it's forcing you to follow someone's every move. Facebook you can easily not do that, as most people don't post a facebook update every two hours.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin