Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Xbox rrod
Posted 2009-01-24, 09:38 PM
I know that at least one person out there has gotten it. I was wondering if anyone had an easy, free way to fix the overheat and motherboard problem because I am only 16 and don't have $100 sitting around to pay fucking Microsoft to fix something that is their fault.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-01-25, 12:45 AM in reply to Asamin's post "Xbox rrod"
Asamin said: [Goto]
I know that at least one person out there has gotten it. I was wondering if anyone had an easy, free way to fix the overheat and motherboard problem because I am only 16 and don't have $100 sitting around to pay fucking Microsoft to fix something that is their fault.

Look up a way to fix it on instructables.com. That's actually how I fixed it, and surprisingly enough, it does work. I followed all of the instructions and didn't do the themal compond and when I turned it on it was now three rings instead of 2. As soon as I went back and applied the Themal Compond, bam, the overheating problem went away. Now it's just fine and has been working great for over two months.

Oh, and it cost me about $10 in all. Keep in mind though, that I had all of the proper screw drivers and other devices to begin with.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-01-25, 02:47 AM in reply to Asamin's post "Xbox rrod"
How old's the Xbox? I can't remember you making any noise about get a launch unit, so I'm going to assume that it's still within the extended three year warranty and, seeing as it's a RRoD problem, Microsoft will fix it for free.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-01-25, 07:43 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "How old's the Xbox? I can't remember..."
They told me 1 year and I have had it for a year and a month.... Also, they told me I would have to pay $100. Thanks GLG, I'll look into that.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-01-25, 07:44 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "They told me 1 year and I have had it..."
As far as I know Microsoft was offering to fix RROD problems for free, even after warranty expiration dates.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-01-26, 11:34 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "As far as I know Microsoft was offering..."
So, I can now take the casing off my Xbox. Just need the right things to open the metal stuff so I can get to my motherboard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2009-01-26, 11:48 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "So, I can now take the casing off my..."
Did a bit of looking into things and I have the sister to the RROD called E 74. Unfortunately, I am just as fucked. It is piratically the same problem but it is not covered by the RRoD extended warranty.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2009-01-27, 01:36 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Did a bit of looking into things and I..."
Here's a great way to fix it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6pB2F_J31w&fmt=18*

Here's an actual guide to fixing it. Amazingly, a 34-minute video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAhI8KYz0rc

*This is meant as a joke

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-01-27, 04:04 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Here's a great way to fix it. ..."
I just threw my Xbox in a pool and now it works! Thanks GLG!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2009-01-27, 04:21 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I just threw my Xbox in a pool and now..."
Just call microsoft and they basically fix it for free. I remember them telling me that they extended warranties because of the RROD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY