Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

CRX vs. NSX street race video
Posted 2006-05-16, 12:51 PM
http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/987/CRX_vs_NSX_race

I do not agree with street racing, but this is a good race with a surprise outcome. Oh ya, the CRX is heavily modded, FI + more, probably turbo, you can hear the turbo spool up, and the BOV at the end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
coolvidman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencoolvidman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

coolvidman

Posted 2006-05-16, 01:04 PM in reply to coolvidman's post "CRX vs. NSX street race video"
Street racing is stupid... Meh, if they started from a dead stop it would be better. Even though the NSX is built for high end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-05-16, 01:38 PM in reply to coolvidman's post "CRX vs. NSX street race video"
I'll never understand whyu people buy 20k$ cars and dump 20k$ of mods into them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-05-17, 10:53 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'll never understand whyu people buy..."
Because if they look the part, they somehow think it'll make their penises bigger?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-17, 10:23 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'll never understand whyu people buy..."
Sovereign said:
I'll never understand whyu people buy 20k$ cars and dump 20k$ of mods into them.
Because I like the feeling of the fact that I did as much work on my car, short from completely designing and fabricating it, as I could and it feels like my own. Plus if someone complements it all your hard work seems to pay off.

/shrug
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-05-18, 03:59 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Because I like the feeling of the fact..."
I'd MAYBE understand if you did all the work on the car yourself, but don't most the people who rice or modify their cars take it to shops for all the work?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-05-18, 07:24 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'd MAYBE understand if you did all the..."
Sovereign said:
I'd MAYBE understand if you did all the work on the car yourself, but don't most the people who rice or modify their cars take it to shops for all the work?
Yeah the people who RICE them out. Most of the guys that actually modify their car for performance do it themselves. Theres a big difference between a riced out car and a modified one. I mean.. Think about the SCC Cup alone. All the guys in there did their own work on the car. Then again thats for racing so I guess it makes more sense than to do it for fun.

EDIT: And as for the why do people spend 40k on a car like this. Well think about it. You can either spend 40k on a car that other people will be driving. Or spend 40k on a car of your choosing (It could even be an old car from the 80s) and have it look how you want, custom paint, wheels, ect. Not to mention there being a strong chance that it could outperform that other 40k car that everyone will be driving. I'd pick customizing my own car and doing an engine swap over driving a generic car any day.

EDIT EDIT: That... And because I have a very large penis.

Last edited by pr0xy; 2006-05-18 at 07:32 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2006-05-18, 09:27 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Yeah the people who RICE them out. Most..."
What the fuck is a coolvidman.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Led is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Led