Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2008-08-24, 07:22 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Just don't take what he says seriously..."
quikspy67 said: [Goto]
Just don't take what he says seriously he is what you would call a dumbfuck...I think he had a head injury at one point in his life.
you're going to fucking start this again? I told you before, fuck your ignorant little ass off. Not using those type of words is exaggerated. I only said that because when writing formal works, one refrains from using them and instead uses the longer version. If we were to start enforcing grammar, that would be the exaggerated route.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-24, 02:21 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "you're going to fucking start this..."
Now now, children, there's enough lego for everyone.

On the subject of Appointed Grammar Nazi - we've no need for one. Someone whose job it is to go around telling people how to post will be hounded out of the community.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-24, 03:09 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Now now, children, there's enough lego..."
well see i thought he might to - youd have to pick someone who really doesnt care about what people say.. along with being able to correctly use grammar. I though it might eliminate the bunch of us who dont know what a grammar is trying to fix peoples sentences. lol grammar nazi
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-24, 08:58 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "well see i thought he might to - youd..."
It's not necessary, in my opinion. You're still going to have people who will flame poor grammar.

I, for one, find it rather entertaining.

Also...I never noticed until now, but necessary and unnesessary aren't spelled alike like one would think. Unless dictionary.com is wrong, that is.

Last edited by Jessifer; 2008-08-24 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-08-24, 09:23 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "It's not necessary, in my opinion...."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
It's not necessary, in my opinion. You're still going to have people who will flame poor grammar.

I, for one, find it rather entertaining.

Also...I never noticed until now, but necessary and unnesessary aren't spelled alike like one would think. Unless dictionary.com is wrong, that is.

Dictionary.com is wrong. You also missed a comma in your sentence.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-08-24, 10:38 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Dictionary.com is wrong. You also..."
Without reading this thread what-so-ever I'd like to redirect attention to this thread I just created

http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread....152#post648152

That could possibly deter any more bitching, or even discussion at all with the basics of proper grammar.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-08-24, 11:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Without reading this thread..."
the fight over world grammaration will never die on the internet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-25, 03:39 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "you're going to fucking start this..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
you're going to fucking start this again? I told you before, fuck your ignorant little ass off. Not using those type of words is exaggerated. I only said that because when writing formal works, one refrains from using them and instead uses the longer version. If we were to start enforcing grammar, that would be the exaggerated route.
Here come the waterworks.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-25, 10:38 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Here come the waterworks."
Here come the waterworks.
Nop, two simple phrases
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 04:27 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Nop, two simple phrases"
Nop, two simple phrases
Atleast kyeruu takes it like man. And can spell nope.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-26, 05:21 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Atleast kyeruu takes it like man. And..."
Atleast kyeruu takes it like man. And can spell nope.
Nop. Hardly anyone spells it right, why should I have to? Laziness, man, laziness.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 07:20 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Nop. Hardly anyone spells it right, why..."
http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/misspelled.html Lies! It's all there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 07:49 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/mi..."
Just cause it's not on the top 100 doesn't mean a lot of people don't spell it right. Anyways, I just got accustomed to writing nop instead of nope because of online games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:00 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Just cause it's not on the top 100..."
Lol in the correct usage of grammar thread of all threads.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:12 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Just cause it's not on the top 100..."
Just cause it's not on the top 100 doesn't mean a lot of people don't spell it right. Anyways, I just got accustomed to writing nop instead of nope because of online games.
nope - hope
nop - hop

If I was playing an online game, and someone said nop to my question I would politely respond with, ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:29 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "nope - hope nop - hop If I was..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
nope - hope
nop - hop

If I was playing an online game, and someone said nop to my question I would politely respond with, ?
Why would you compare nope to hope? You obviously don't play too many online games or you're just stupid to not know what nop meant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:41 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Why would you compare nope to hope? You..."
Why would you compare nope to hope? You obviously don't play too many online games or you're just stupid to not know what nop meant.
Really Wallow? Really?

Nope and Hope share the same pronunciation. That is why I compared the two. I then compared nop and hop because they too share the same pronunciation. I have to give you some credit though, because I actually don't know what nop is. Neither does dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nop
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 10:59 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Really Wallow? Really? Nope and Hope..."
When I read nop, it's "no operation", a common assembly language instruction available for every micro I've used.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-26, 04:33 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "When I read nop, it's "no operation", a..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
When I read nop, it's "no operation", a common assembly language instruction available for every micro I've used.
Thanks...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-29, 08:14 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Thanks..."
i thought this thread was to learn grammar, not try to flame each other.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti