Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2003-08-10, 10:38 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
could you telll us how you got around the RD thing we all would like to know thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_Frog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_Frog

Posted 2003-08-10, 10:41 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
If you use 56K you can just reconnect.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-10, 07:07 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
ahahahahahahahahahahaha. funny. 56kers get around everything almost. slow but good in some cases i must say
(>'_'-)><(-'_'-)><(-'_'<)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DragonDPT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDragonDPT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DragonDPT

Posted 2003-08-10, 07:17 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Yeah, those bastards. Just in case anyone was wondering why that is, its because on dial up your IP changes everytime, and when you get a RD, it is actually a temp IP ban on blizz's part.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-11, 11:39 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Ok.. sorry for the slow respounce everyone... I was out of town for the weekend..
Ok, heres how you get around the RD issue..

56ks can just disconnect from their isp and reconnect to get rid of RD..

But I have 700kDSL,
For people that have dsl/cable..
You can set an option in your connection config so that it wont auto connect, then you can add a shortcut to your desktop that you have to use just like dial-up to connect to the isp.

Just like having 56k connection that you can disconnect and reconnect at will..

DragonDPT was correct that they get away with just about everything but 56k reminds me of the old office term sneakernet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JoeBob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoeBob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JoeBob

Posted 2003-08-11, 02:19 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Ok, your going to have to be more specific.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-08-12, 07:34 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Ok.. I will try to be a bit more specific.... Im a MCSE so its just easy for me and when I explain things I guess I just expect peeps to know what im sayin...

Ok..
B4 you even get started on this it works with must dsl connections(cause most of them have static ip "changes every time you log on").. and very few cable connections since they are not static....

Every time you turn your system on the dsl/cable can or can not be logged on auto... usually when you install the service it selects it to have auto logon when the computer boots up.(just like when you install some programs and they automaticly put them selfs in the comp startup to load as soon as the computer is booted)..
Theres an opition in your isp config settings that you can change to make it not auto logon when the computer is booted(like the "msconfig" comand). Each isp has a diff way of telling the computer to do this, usually in the internet connections folder or you might actually have to change a command somewhere in the isp setting to change this...
The easiest way to figure this out id to actually call your isp and ask how to change it or if you know or think you know what your doing you can figure it out yourself...
After you change this you have to make a shortcut on your desktop or w/e you want it that you actually have to click on to log onto the internet just as if you had dialup..
This way you can connect and disconnect at will w/o have to restart or any of that garb...

I hope this is more helpfull then my post above and didnt make it even worse when all the writing..lol

If you still need help you can either post with your specific problems or you can IM me..
If im not on IM then you can always find me on D2
acct:
Zoe
Zoe1
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JoeBob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoeBob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JoeBob