Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Socket quest question!!
Posted 2003-08-07, 09:31 PM
Im just wondering if theres a special way to do the soc quest for magic its.. sometimes I get 2 socs and other times I only get 1 soc.. is it just luck?? or is there a special way to do it to get 2 socs everytime??

Thx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JoeBob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoeBob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JoeBob

Posted 2003-08-07, 09:41 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
It's random.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-07, 10:32 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Yeah, it is random, but if you have a buddy, there is a rollback method that works for imbueing, socketing, and cubing recipes. Unfortunately, its never been incorporated into a dupe method, but it still works for those aforementioned ideas if you don't like the results.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-07, 11:13 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
You would perform this rollback how, might I ask?
Guns don't kill people. I do. Guns just make it faster.

-Uber Sig Coming Soon To A Forum Near You-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mountain_Screw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMountain_Screw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mountain_Screw

Posted 2003-08-07, 11:14 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
On D2 with a buddy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-07, 11:45 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Couldnt have been anymore vague about that.
Guns don't kill people. I do. Guns just make it faster.

-Uber Sig Coming Soon To A Forum Near You-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mountain_Screw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMountain_Screw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mountain_Screw

Posted 2003-08-07, 11:49 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
I coulda just said on D2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-08, 02:42 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Mountain_Screw said:
Couldnt have been anymore vague about that.
and how.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-08-08, 06:20 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Well, is anyone going to explain how to actually DO this rollback??
When you say on D2.. you mean the game or a certian website that explains it????
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JoeBob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJoeBob is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JoeBob

Posted 2003-08-08, 07:35 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
I would also like to know how to do this coz i hate getting 1 socket on my cruels that are of evis and quickness -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-08-08, 08:29 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Ok, I'll try to explain is really fast:

1) Player A enters the game.
2) PLayer B enters the game, and doesn't touch a damn thing. Don't touch your mouse pad or keyboard or even come close to yourr computer after you presss "Join Game"
3) Player A does his thing... Cube, sockets, whatever.
4) If he doesn't like the outcome, he goes up to Player B, and clicks on him, as if he wanted to trade with him.
5) Player B then presses Alt+F4, causing his Diablo screen to crash completely, and this also causes the game the drop.

That is it. Once the game drops and PLayer B gets booted off Bnet, all your items are back the way they wer before. THe only side effect is that Player B will have a RD for about 5-10 minutes...

Trust me, it works. Ask Doofus, me and him have crafted a shit load of 11 life leech rings dong this technique.

Good luck, and have fun!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-08, 09:07 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Yes this method does work and thank you for the help but........
I also read somewhere that if you get failed to join game after you rollback that you need to switch accts and make a game with a diff acct b4 you try to make game with rollback char...
Is this true?

Im asking cause I was rolling back about 5-6 times with no trouble and then I got failed to join game after last one and I didnt switch accts and just made another game and sad to say I just ruined a cruel ward of evics with 298ed

PS.. is there a way to get a day rollback type thing?? instead of gettin just last game rollback is there any way to get complete day of crap or just a couple hrs rollback?

Im guessing this is a very stupid question but ill ask anyway
LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JoeBob

Posted 2003-08-08, 10:44 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
No, unless you can talk blizzard into rolling you back. Also, if the game saves for any reason after you craft/socket/imbue the item(s) then you're fucked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-08, 11:22 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Right, not unless you have a spare computer on a different IP address that can just sit in the game while you do this all day and don't leave the game once after Player B joins.

I don't know about that switching account thing, sorry. I have had instances where it didn't work, but I'd say, all in all, it worked a good 85% of the time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-08, 02:04 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Yea.. it works out really good.. I have noticed 1 thing, when you go to click on player B and they hit alt f4 to leave, sometimes it says player left and sometimes it says nothing.. Everytime it says player b left then it hasnt worked.. I dont know if thats a glitch or what, or perhaps the friends im doing it with(that couldnt even config pickit files) fucked up by moving or something and just said no I didnt do anything..

and with the 2nd pc with diff ip address.. do you mean that if theres a 3rd person in the game that does nothing at all like if he were player B that just stands in the game that it will not save??
If thats the case couldnt you just get a 3rd friend in the game to do nothing?

PS.. all this info is very very helpfull and again I must give props to zelaron forums and all the members that respond very quickly with lots of input that has been most helpfull
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JoeBob

Posted 2003-08-08, 02:30 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
I have a few cruels to sock if anyone wants to do this tomorrow PM me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-08-08, 05:21 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
OK.... I have a very interesting question.. Me and a friend were doing this for about 2hrs with no mistakes and it worked everytime... after doing it on the soc quest my friend was socin the item and I was just sitting there doing nothing as usuall.. My cat jumped up and the desk and moved my mouse.. I then ran over to larzuk so he would know I fucked up by moving... he clicked on me as usuall and i just hit alt f4 as we have been doing... dont know how or why .. but when we were starting the next game for crafting he noticed that the soc were gone..

anyone know how this may have happen even after I moved when I was suspost to?

PS PS PS I also know a way to get around the realm down part.. if anyone wants to know let me know

Last edited by JoeBob; 2003-08-08 at 05:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JoeBob

Posted 2003-08-08, 05:25 PM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
You got lucky.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-10, 12:33 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
JoeBob said:
I also know a way to get around the realm down
Go ahead.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-08-10, 01:27 AM in reply to JoeBob's post "Socket quest question!!"
Yeah how do you get thru that realm down i hate how i have to wait 15min to get back!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson