Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Chinese to English
Posted 2003-08-12, 10:19 PM
Ok i have a friend who just got d2 but all the text is in chinese, is there a way to chance it to english?

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-08-14 at 04:24 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-08-12, 11:19 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Buy English version?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-08-12, 11:20 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
did he switch it from english to chinese?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-08-13, 12:15 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Nah it was already in chinese...If he switched it to chinese he should be able to switch it back in the first place.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-08-13, 07:55 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
How about you don't name the thread something like that ever again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-08-13, 02:51 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Yea, chink is not a pretty word tardboy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-08-13, 05:08 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Yeah nigger, don't say chink.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-13, 06:42 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Hahahaha, if you want to understand what he is saying, go buy a CHinese For Dummies book. Other than that, your outta luck, it will display what he has, and you most likely can't change it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-08-14, 03:57 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Geez i dont see whats so whats so bad about saying that word....i just say it as a shortcut and my chinese friends dont mind it -.-;;, even other ppl i havent met before dont mind it and they also refer to a chinese group as chink. The word chink doesnt even come close to the word nigger which i see all over these forums ¬¬. But oh well i guess i wont say it in this forum then.

I am half chinese -.-a

EDIT: Why dont a mod just change the title of the post if a lot of ppl dont like it.....

Last edited by Pekson; 2003-08-14 at 06:21 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2003-08-14, 08:16 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Im kind of with Pekson on this, true he shouldnt have named the thread that, but I dont see anyone commenting on KA's use of the word nigger.

And yes if it bothers so many people why doesnt an admin change the thread name?
Guns don't kill people. I do. Guns just make it faster.

-Uber Sig Coming Soon To A Forum Near You-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mountain_Screw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMountain_Screw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mountain_Screw

Posted 2003-08-14, 03:07 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Because the admin doesn't give a fuck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-08-14, 04:29 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
I don't really find it offensive, but it is changed now if you care so much.

Pekson...
Why did your friend buy the Chinese version if he can't read Chinese...?

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-08-14, 05:24 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Over the internet ofcouse not, but when you in person that's different.

I don't think he means he can't read Chinese, maybe he wants to run bots or play in the us realm or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-08-14, 07:58 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
You don't have to stick around Senesia if you think your too good for us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-08-14, 08:11 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
badboy said:
You don't have to stick around Senesia if you think your too good for us.
Off-topic...?

Well, about the word Chink, it also depends on how people say it. If they are using it in an offensive way, then it will be somewhat different. In this case, Chink to English, I think it's alright.

I think Diablo 2 Chinese Version can play fine in USWest, that's what my cousins are doing. Err, were doing.

Bots should run fine if the scripts are setup correctly...

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-08-14, 09:50 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
He didnt really buy his version in chinese he got it off his friend. My friend is taiwanese chinese, he can read chinese but his not very good at it. Also he doesnt live in Australia anymore he moved to Taiwan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2003-08-15, 01:01 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
As far as I know, there is no way to change it. Either buy an English version, or...Quit Diablo2. >.~

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-08-15, 03:18 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Get him to download this file and replace the one in his diablo folder.

www.pixelmethods.com/ka/D2Lang.dll
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-08-16, 05:42 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
Cool thnx for that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2003-08-16, 06:29 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Chinese to English"
It should work but I'm not gonna guarantee it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!