Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

The Passions of the Christ
Posted 2004-03-13, 01:13 PM
I still haven't gotten around to seeing this movie but it looks interesting enough to go watch.

I've heard that the movie is quite graphic, which sounds good enough for me. But a downside is the whole movie is in Aramaic and you have to read the subtitles, which really shouldn't even be that bad. But I think i'm going to go watch it,,,,, comments?

Oh yeah, lets say that you don't believe in god or jesus, Then wouldn't this movie be SCIENCE FICTION? lol

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-03-13, 02:27 PM in reply to D3V's post "The Passions of the Christ"
D3V said:
Oh yeah, lets say that you don't believe in god or jesus, Then wouldn't this movie be SCIENCE FICTION? lol
Dictionary.com said:
science fiction

n : literary fantasy involving the imagined impact of science on society
Combining religion with science is a no-no. Besides, how exactly would your own PERSONAL BELIEF alter the movie genre? Oh, and get used to reading subtitles. It's good for you.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2004-03-13, 11:20 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Combining religion with science is a..."
Man, I'd hate to be the audience that has to watch that movie with you, Dev.

D3V: Fuckin' camel-jockeys!

D3V: *Raises middle finger* That's for 9-11!

D3V: You're all a bunch of sand-niggers!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-03-14, 11:28 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Man, I'd hate to be the audience that..."
I rememebr the first time I heard the term "Sand Niggers", my mom was datin an Egyptian dude, and her ex husband and I used to smoke herbs together after they split up, he called him a sand nigger, I thought it was fuckin hilarious.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-03-14, 11:41 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I rememebr the first time I heard the..."
Im not going to go see it mainly because it just sounds sorta boring in general. Also it would be against my "religion is bad" in general policy...
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-14, 12:53 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I rememebr the first time I heard the..."
Adrenachrome said:
I rememebr the first time I heard the term "Sand Niggers", my mom was datin an Egyptian dude, and her ex husband and I used to smoke herbs together after they split up, he called him a sand nigger, I thought it was fuckin hilarious.
The first time I heard it it made me crack up, too.

As for the movie, I'm not a big fan of Christ, but I want to see this anyway so I can understand the point of view.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-03-14, 04:37 PM in reply to D3V's post "The Passions of the Christ"
I've seen it. Yes, it is VERY graphic. I'm a Christian, but the movie didn't change my life or anything. It's just weird to comprehend how much He went through. Of course, I had an idea, but nothing like that. I advise that you all go see it. It may make you re-think some things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-15, 12:09 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I've seen it. Yes, it is VERY graphic...."
Im seeing it tonight, I'll post a review on it in the Review Secion later. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-03-15, 02:43 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Im seeing it tonight, I'll post a..."
why re-think your life when all it is is a white guy getting crusified? It's not like god emerges from the clouds and hails down lightning bolts at the romans for what their doing to this random white guy, no big deal really.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-03-15, 05:40 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "why re-think your life when all it is..."
Random white guy..? Yes.. Jesus is some random white guy.. teh fux? Yeah, random white guys emerge from the dead.. ok. During the making of this movie, the actor that played Jesus got struck by lightning twice and was miraculously unharmed each time. And, zagggon, no shit God didn't stop the Romans. Trust me, if He wanted to He could have, easily. Jesus died for us.

By the way, did you even see the movie?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-15, 06:11 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Random white guy..? Yes.. Jesus is..."
Jizmo said:
Random white guy..? Yes.. Jesus is some random white guy.. teh fux? Yeah, random white guys emerge from the dead.. ok. During the making of this movie, the actor that played Jesus got struck by lightning twice and was miraculously unharmed each time. And, zagggon, no shit God didn't stop the Romans. Trust me, if He wanted to He could have, easily. Jesus died for us.

By the way, did you even see the movie?
I saw The Passion yesterday. It was awesome! Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (before I saw The Passion) was my favorite movie of all time. I must say I like it a lot. My atheistic aunt went to see it (didn't know until my mom told me last night) and now she is praying again. It had a giant impact on people and it is worth seeing, whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, etc. I am going to go see it again for sure! Also, most of the resources Mel used in the movie is from visions of a German nun. But it is extremely accurate to the whole thing. And yet again, I encourage everyone to see it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-03-15, 06:41 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Man, I'd hate to be the audience that..."
Raziel said:

D3V: You're all a bunch of sand-niggers!

omg, that was great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-03-16, 03:20 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "omg, that was great."
Zagggon I could rip you a new asshole on this one, since you are saying that seeing this movie would go against your "religion is bad alltogether... I am an assfuck yada yada" garbage you call a belief system, but I don't feel like I have the time.

Ahhhhh what the hell. I will lay it down for you anyways....

Basically what you are saying is ludacris because seeing this movie would mean you were seeing a movie that is based on interpretation for intertainment purposes, whether you take it to be truth or not. You've played Diablo for entertainment no? Possibly Starcraft? Both games employ the use of some sort of religion for story purposes... yet you seem to have no problem with these. Is it because these aren't "real" religions? So that means just because some people really do believe the stuff involved in The Passion you aren't going to see it? That is ass-backwards. I garuntee you there is some fuck nut who believes he is Neo, does that stop you from seeing the Matrix?

You=dumbass
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-03-16, 03:38 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Zagggon I could rip you a new asshole..."
Just because it's a religious film doesn't mean religion has to play any role in your viewing of the film.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-03-16, 04:12 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Just because it's a religious film..."
RoboticSilence said:
Just because it's a religious film doesn't mean religion has to play any role in your viewing of the film.
Precisely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-03-16, 06:37 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Precisely."
Arg, I know. I was telling one of my friends to see it, and he was like "No, way. I don't believe in God." And I was like "See it anyways. Its beautifully shot"

My, I love this movie. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-03-17, 03:15 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Arg, I know. I was telling one of my..."
Yeah, some people are just close minded people that are too big of hardasses to swallow their pride and see the movie. So many people these days think that it makes them look cool to be/act like an atheist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-03-17, 05:03 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Yeah, some people are just close minded..."
Well I am athiest but I've very open-minded and I'm always willing to have discussions with people about their own religions (I'm more knowledgable than the typical "whatever" athiest) and I don't go around telling people that what they believe is wrong. The way I see it, we can't know what is correct until we die or whatever revelation happens.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-03-17, 06:56 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Combining religion with science is a..."
Chruser said:
Combining religion with science is a no-no. Besides, how exactly would your own PERSONAL BELIEF alter the movie genre? Oh, and get used to reading subtitles. It's good for you.

Well is there any 'actual' evidence that there even was this 'jesus' . I mean I haven't seen of any yet, but YES I do believe in jesus/god and I'm a christian, but I'm just saying if you were an athiest wouldn't this be considered a science fiction? Yes, the bible is literature, and ... what exactly is the movie genre?

I won't mind reading the subtitles, I figure after a few minutes it'll just be like watching Crouching tiget Hidden Dragon

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-03-17, 08:13 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well is there any 'actual' evidence..."
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - Kung Fu - Chinese + Aramaic + Inhumane torture - Bhuddism + Christianity - Chinese People + Jews

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence