Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2008-03-28, 10:13 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "If we're being purely semantic, the..."
Mjordan2nd said:
If we're being purely semantic, the term racism covers both definitions. It may refer to someone who adheres to the doctrine that inherent differences between the races exist rendering one race superior to the others. It can also mean simple bigotry. Neither definition is wrong, and colloquially the latter is far more common.

And anyone who thinks racism is dead is blind. I have been spit and slurred at from a truck on a university campus. I have been denied service at a local restaurant, with incontrovertible evidence that it was due to the color of my skin. These are not isolated instances, though these are the two most conspicuous experiences that I can recall at my university. Subtler forms of racism are so frequent that they are simply prosaic. Though racism may not be a novel concept, it is an unnecessary affliction on humanity. The passive approach advocated by Sheerx neglects and exacerbates a serious problem. Vituperation is the only appropriate response to racism.

Well yea, I have experienced similar situations aswell, I just thought that burger king full of black people took 15 minutes to make 2 whopper juniors and just completely squished them and absolutely buried them in mayonaise were just assholes, I didn't assume they thought they were better than me like you seem to do when someone is a dick to you.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:13 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Well yea, I have experienced similar..."
Adrenachrome said:
Well yea, I have experienced similar situations aswell, I just thought that burger king full of black people took 15 minutes to make 2 whopper juniors and just completely squished them and absolutely buried them in mayonaise were just assholes, I didn't assume they thought they were better than me like you seem to do when someone is a dick to you.
I think you missed the part where I said I had incontrovertible evidence that this was because of my skin color. I realize that there are inept people working at such places. This was not a case of ineptitude. This was a case of blatant discrimination.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-28, 11:26 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I think you missed the part where I..."
Well when I throw my drink back in the window and call them niggers it is not because I think my race is in any way better than them it is because they are the epitome of their racial stereotypes.

My whole point in this is that the word racism, just as is fascism is used much too often and by far too many that do not understand what it means.

No you cannot simply redefine it to include bigotry, prejudice, discrimination, why do'n we just let those words do their jobs.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-29, 12:08 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Well when I throw my drink back in the..."
Adrenachrome said:
No you cannot simply redefine it to include bigotry, prejudice, discrimination, why do'n we just let those words do their jobs.
It is not I that is redefining it. I can not redefine it. Society certainly can. However, there is no need to redefine it.

Racism:
Quote:
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Bigotry:
Quote:
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
In fact, according to the dictionary.com's definition, it is more appropriate to use the term racist than bigot when dealing with racial intolerance. It is you who is redefining the word.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-29, 12:22 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Well when I throw my drink back in the..."
Adrenachrome said:
Well when I throw my drink back in the window and call them niggers it is not because I think my race is in any way better than them it is because they are the epitome of their racial stereotypes.
Idiots? Probably. Assholes? Yes. But niggers? Did you really do that? Because there is no situation in which calling anyone by a racial slur is appropriate or justified. All that does is plant a new seed of intolerance and hatred, perpetuating the cycle.

People are just people, you should never define them or their behavior by their national origin or skin color. As a grown man, you should know better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-29, 12:22 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Idiots? Probably. Assholes? Yes. But..."
Quote:
Idiots? Probably. Assholes? Yes. But niggers? Did you really do that? Because there is no situation in which calling anyone by a racial slur is appropriate or justified. All that does is plant a new seed of intolerance and hatred, perpetuating the cycle.

People are just people, you should never define them or their behavior by their national origin or skin color. As a grown man, you should know better.
/signed

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2008-03-29 at 12:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-05-10, 06:51 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "/signed"
ouch@mjordan. that would totally suck. alot of people around where i live hate black people, but only due to the fact that the local aboriginal people do nothing for a living and get paid over $50,000 a year from the government, + get anything they want paid for by tax payers dollars. + for the last 6 or so months there have been over 5 cars reported stolen every week. every one knows it's them, but the authorities dont do anything about it because theyre black, and thats no joke. people are so sick of it around here that they take matters into their own hands.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-05-11, 04:27 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "ouch@mjordan. that would totally suck...."
Sadly, racism and/or bigotry will always exist as long as there are different cultures and races on this earth. People have the right to be racist or a bigost, it's just when they blurt out these "feelings" to the world does it become a problem. If everyone thought before they spoke, the world would be a nice place to live in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

wow

Posted 2010-02-01, 09:53 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "If you're an infidel, will Allah reward..."
Atnas said: [Goto]
If you're an infidel, will Allah reward you for taking your own life?
SILENCE i kill you

Edited by Lenny 
Necromancy is BAD.

i kill you

Last edited by Lenny; 2010-02-01 at 11:14 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
nickmoney1020 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweennickmoney1020 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

nickmoney1020