Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Xbox.. worth getting?
Posted 2003-12-19, 03:58 PM
would you recommend xbox over ps2 or gc? in this magazine game cube is 79 bucks preused, and after chrismas ill have enough money to buy ps2, xbox, or gc. i think xbox is my best bet, since it has max payne/ halo. but i like multi player games alot more. should i get xbox with those games or just buy them for PC?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBA-ZabreclanX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BA-ZabreclanX

Posted 2003-12-20, 07:04 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
Well, Xbox has Xbox Live, which is multiplayer, I choose Xbox over PS2, and GC.

My friend got PS2 last year over Xbox, and now he regrets it, he is wanting to sell his PS2 and get an Xbox this year, a lot of people I know are wanting Xbox over PS2 now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-12-20, 02:42 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
If you like multiplayer games, and have access to a credit card, XBOX is the way to go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2003-12-30, 06:13 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
p1ng said:
If you like multiplayer games, and have access to a credit card, XBOX is the way to go.
exactly, I heard the PS2 multiplaying system isnt that great... and I wont ever buy it for my PS2... what game would I want to play multiplayer on PS2? It really dosent have any good ones
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-12-30, 09:55 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
Halo on system link with friends is really fun. Most of the PS2 multiplayer games suck, and you can't play singleplayer games forever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-12-30, 10:37 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
I'd base my system choice on the types of games you like:

X Box: mostly sports and action games, but it does them very well. Only one with decent online play so far (though you have to pay for it and need broadband)

PS2: a little bit of everything, but mostly platformers like Ratchet and Clank and RPGS.
Free online play with an existing internet connection, however, not very enjoyable due to too many idiots with 56k modems.

GameCube: Mostly family-oriented games. Mario and Zelda series. Also has Resident Evil, if you like those games.
No online component, but most of the one console multiplayer games are great on it.
Some online play
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-12-31, 07:34 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
Rurouni Storm said:
I'd base my system choice on the types of games you like:

X Box: mostly sports and action games, but it does them very well. Only one with decent online play so far (though you have to pay for it and need broadband)

PS2: a little bit of everything, but mostly platformers like Ratchet and Clank and RPGS.
Free online play with an existing internet connection, however, not very enjoyable due to too many idiots with 56k modems.

GameCube: Mostly family-oriented games. Mario and Zelda series. Also has Resident Evil, if you like those games.
No online component, but most of the one console multiplayer games are great on it.
Some online play
I agree, and thats why I like Xbox most, GCube 2nd, and PS2 last... I was a big PS fan, but I am super multi, single players wont last long at all with me. Cube is fun if you have some friends over and like Mario Party and such... just goofy fun games that even younger kids can have fun with, Xbox for more of a serious multi-gaming and lans.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-01-01, 08:16 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
NO! DO NOT GET IT!!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-01-02, 01:40 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
Ignore the biased dumbass known as Kuja's #1. He doesnt have one and is jealous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
p1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenp1ng is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-02, 01:19 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
p1ng said:
Ignore the biased dumbass known as Kuja's #1. He doesnt have one and is jealous.
he is biased
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MarkiX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMarkiX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MarkiX

Posted 2004-01-04, 11:42 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
Funny thing is everyone here talks down on the ps2 online capabilities but not many of you even play it online...

75% of the online games are broadband only games on ps2 and with my experience they lag a lot less then the xbox's peer 2 peer service. Either because of bad coding or dumbasses with shitty connections hosting the games.
Many of them even have Servers hosting the games for FREE while xbox charges you for a buddy list and peer too peer gaming

Socom 1 and 2 = Counter Strike's succesor (The numbers prove it, but some may disagree)

EA sports games online xbox has nothing that can compete with that cuz EA makes the best sports games and they won't give xbox right's too go online with them..

Other EA games like return of the king will only be able to go online with ps2...

Resident Evil online is coming out soon and then there's all the older online games like Midnight club and such...

1 more thing is that almost all of the xbox online games are also on pc much like the majority of there games...

Last edited by JohnnyTAE; 2004-01-04 at 11:47 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2004-01-04, 12:39 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
EA's games arent online with xbox because Micro$oft wants to force them to pay for expensive servers to use for XBOX live. EA said "Eff it, were going on PS2 instead."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-04, 03:23 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
Not only that but microsoft wants the rights too control everything and they already had a previous agreement with sony.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2004-01-06, 07:50 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
dude..get an xbox w/ a chip..u will not regret it..and as for xbox live..don't even use it..use xconnect (xbox live clone)...it is the same as xbox live..except it is completely free..oh ya..if u get the chip..u will need to get a dvd burner..or upgrade the xbox's hard drive to at least 120 gb..i have 200 gb in mine
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-01-07, 11:53 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
supaflip_69 said:
dude..get an xbox w/ a chip..u will not regret it..and as for xbox live..don't even use it..use xconnect (xbox live clone)...it is the same as xbox live..except it is completely free..oh ya..if u get the chip..u will need to get a dvd burner..or upgrade the xbox's hard drive to at least 120 gb..i have 200 gb in mine
xbconnect is more likely to have laggy games rather than live... for me being in Florida its hard to find a good game on XBC, plus its mainly just halo, some R63 and PGR2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-01-07, 01:01 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
XBOX Live is faster, more reliable, and all around better than XBOX connect. XBOX Connect is only good for games that need to be online, but arent. Like Halo and Brute Force.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

p1ng

Posted 2004-01-07, 01:19 PM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
p1ng said:
XBOX Live is faster, more reliable, and all around better than XBOX connect. XBOX Connect is only good for games that need to be online, but arent. Like Halo and Brute Force.
exactly, and I think Xbox live is worth the $50 a year it cost.... thats why I got it, tho I dont have my cable back yet, I should have it by the end of this month.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2004-01-09, 05:34 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
JohnnyTAE said:
Socom 1 and 2 = Counter Strike's succesor (The numbers prove it, but some may disagree)
:

Dude, i hate it when people say that, the only reason it got higher numbers is because it has single player, but who wants single player?? Its counterstrike for crying out loud!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ragnarok is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRagnarok is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ragnarok

Posted 2004-01-11, 12:35 AM in reply to BA-ZabreclanX's post "Xbox.. worth getting?"
Ragnarok said:
JohnnyTAE said:
:

Dude, i hate it when people say that, the only reason it got higher numbers is because it has single player, but who wants single player?? Its counterstrike for crying out loud!
I am not even talking single player, if I was talking single player we would be over cs by millions... I don't understand how persistant some cs fanboys are just cuz it's a great game doesn't mean someone couldn't make something better with the same ideals, the kid did make it by himself... But seriously CS is outdated like no other and very lacking socom is crazy good.

Oh and btw I just checked the release dates on the xbox games and nothing sounds too stupendous until late feb-early march good games like fable and ninja gaiden is coming out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JohnnyTAE