Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Doom 3/ movie
Posted 2005-10-01, 04:26 PM
Today, i decided to play Doom 3 by myself with no multiplayer. Me and JR beat it a few months ago but let me tell u, it is still the scariest game i have played since silent hill. I was def jumping at points and freaking out when weird noises would just happen. I was also looking over the net cause JR told me that they were making a movie, and i found the trailer. There is a first person shooter mode during hte movie and the ROCK plays sarge. If u ever have played or as excited as i am to see this movie post here.http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-10-01, 04:36 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Doom 3/ movie"
The fact that the movie will have segments where it is first person view, with a gun on the screen and everything, blows my fucking mind. That alone is enough to make me see it.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-10-01, 04:36 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Doom 3/ movie"
I'm sorry to tell you, but the movie is probably doing to suck more than me at a gay orgy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-01, 04:39 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "I'm sorry to tell you, but the movie is..."
Well yah. I mean, there's no HELL in this movie. Alll the monsters are because of a "virus", which FUCKING BLOWS. But I still just wanna see the first person mode, and the BFG on the big screen.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-10-01, 04:40 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Well yah. I mean, there's no HELL in..."
So it's Resident Evil on Mars?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-10-01, 04:42 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "So it's Resident Evil on Mars?"
Basically... yes. But with a couple unique features.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-10-01, 04:49 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "I'm sorry to tell you, but the movie is..."
I agree... i saw the trailer a couple days ago and it was lame
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2005-10-01, 05:35 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "I agree... i saw the trailer a couple..."
First person view = less time that they have to pay the actors/less time we have to watch the rock "act".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-10-01, 06:05 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "First person view = less time that they..."
still it was the first video game i ever played so im excited
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-10-01, 06:19 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "still it was the first video game i..."
Wow, that trailer sucks mah bawls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-10-01, 06:50 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Wow, that trailer sucks mah bawls."
From PC Gamer:

The movie provides a wormhole. And hellspawn. According to the film's continuity (based loosely on all three games), a gene exist that indicates a person's predisposition toward good or evil. Once infected by whatever is on the other side of that wormhole, humans mutate into demonic representations of the darkness in their souls. Contrived? Sure - but it beats the hell out of a demonic invasion force that hides in closets.

The upshot is that all the demons you've known and fragged - Imps, Pinky, The Hellknight - will make their way into movies theaters this October.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-10-01, 07:46 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "From PC Gamer: The movie provides a..."
Pinky demon + 1st person view + chainsaw = pure, refined, 100% awesome.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-10-02, 08:11 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Pinky demon + 1st person view +..."
thank u JR
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-10-02, 08:16 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "thank u JR"
That would be weird to watch...a gun trudging along a street killing things...on a cinema screen? Hmmm...either the film will flop horribly, or give rise to a new genre of first-person shooter films...only time will tell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-10-02, 09:53 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Doom 3/ movie"
All I can say is that I hope it's better than the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-10-02, 10:48 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Doom 3/ movie"
My friend's brother had to stop playing the game because it was so freaky. This guy is like 20 too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-10-02, 11:04 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "My friend's brother had to stop playing..."
No no, I guess I was misunderstood. It wasn't freakish, it was lame.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-10-02, 11:11 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "No no, I guess I was misunderstood. It..."
I 100% agree with you S2 AM playing coop with you and team killing each other as soon as the game allowed us to move around is pretty lame. Guess you were still mad I had dinner with your mom and never called her back . Try going through the single player experience next time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-10-02, 12:57 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I 100% agree with you S2 AM playing..."
Looks mindless... I like the 1st person part, though. I'll give it a rent.

PS: Move this to media
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2005-10-02, 01:00 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Looks mindless... I like the 1st person..."
Roger, will comply.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy